1 week - loving it, but 2 things i don't like...

Status
Not open for further replies.

El_Ingeniero

Jan 17, 2010
Southampton
hi!

as I said, loving it: no smell, i can smoke inside again, no coughs/sore throats etc... but -

i am smoking the nicotine solution and it does not taste anywhere near cigarettes. It tastes a bit like smooth plastic - I don't know if you know what I mean...

is there any e-juice that actually tastes more or less like an analog? of course it's never going to be the same, but something like that

I got mine from e-cigs co uk

the 2nd thing I don't like is that (obviously), since I can now smoke with no worries, I'm smoking 10 times more than before!!!8-o

i think i shouldnt be worried about my health, but i might start being about my pocket! :w00t:

E.I.

Randy2010

Moved On
Jan 23, 2010
Rosseau
  • Deleted by Elendil
  • Reason: Spam
For me the excitement took over a bit too much when starting to vape. I knew it would happen before hand, so I specially bought no-nic juice to keep on hand when I wanted to vape, at times when I had no urge for nicotine. After the first few days, it gets better. Week 2 here and I do it about the same times I did when I was smoking now, but not as much.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
My wife and I have been doing this for two weeks and we seem to be vaping more than we smoked too, but from what I've read, you don't get as much nicotine as you might thing vaping, compared to smoking. I'm not concerned and I now have no smoke, tar and tons of crap going in my lungs now.
As for the plastic taste, I know exactly what you mean. Around the week mark though after using the same carts for a while and after having the atty break in, I don't taste that any more. Also, I hear tobacco is a hard flavor to get right. We thought we wanted that taste but now we don't touch the stuff. My wife found a Cola she loves and I found a Cherry. Now we can't wait to try more.

River

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
Independence, KY USA
I found myself vaping a lot at first too, just buy some low or zero mg liquid to have around when you just want to play with the new toy. As far as tobacco flavors go almost nothing is really like tobacco but some that are a bit closer and that I like are 555, Hilton and camel. I also really like flue cured and expresso from Johnson Creek and the Freedom and newpure from Halo.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
I think DK-TAB is a nice tobacco flavor, but I've only tried it from myfreedomsmokes.com (It's not an unusual flavor, I'm sure you can get it in the UK).

My next order will definitely include more of that!

You might also try something like ECOpure "regular". For me, it has almost no flavor, but has a serious punch. Very nice first thing in the morning, when you want to let your taste buds sleep in a bit.

:D

The two best tobacco subs I have found so far are Kent (nhaler) and Parlament (V4L). They aren't exactly like analogs but they are so good as vapes that I don't mind a bit.

I think the French Pipe is absolutely awesome. It is not exactly a ciggie sub but geez it is tasty.

Ones that have not done it for me are 555, Marl, and Kamel.

Cowboy does taste like tobacco. However, it tasted like strong, dirty tobacco to me, more like the ashtray than the cig, if that makes any sense.

I haven't really given my Virginia a chance yet, and I am eagerly awaiting some Cuban Cigar to try out.

I can't say I have found a menthol that I like, yet.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I'm brand new to e-cigs as I just ordered a starter kit from ecigaretteschoice.com. Where can I find tons of flavors online? That site only offered Tobacco for the kit I ordered. I did see they had apple, chocolate and vanilla as options to buy separately. Thanks!
From most of the places in the following subforum here...
ECF Approved Suppliers - E-Cigarette Forum

And you can check our reviews of various flavors in this subforum here...
E-Liquid Reviews - E-Cigarette Forum

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
[...] One thing I am running into with the cart that I filled myself [...] is that I keep getting the liquid into my mouth - GROSS! Any advice?

Sounds like you are overfilling the cart. You may want to start your own thread. That way people can see your post, and talk you through the problem.

El_Ingeniero

Jan 17, 2010
Southampton
... the smell - please don't throw your stones yet!

I got 5 cartridges from e-cigs co uk + little bottle of juice, no flavour, just low nicotine

the smell of e-cigs has been described as a nightclub fog machine smoke and it is true - people around you can't really smell it unless you're puffing away like a maniac, but I can (I'm inhaling) I truly don't like it. I can do with and it's definitely better than ashtray smell, but I can't wait until I have puffed away all that e-juice and I get some liquorice or something

has anyone else felt the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread