10¢ solution to Air Draw issues with pro rings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I was watching the news and they interviewed a census bureau worker...now there is our money really well spent........NOT!

Actually, the census bureau is a very important department. Although it could use an overhaul, like everything else in the government, it is the statistics gathered and analyzed by the bureau that determines everything from the apportionment of federal funds to representation. There has to be a record of how many people live somewhere and at least a rough idea of the size, age range and income of households. Otherwise, well, we could all yell yea or nay next friday at 1:00PM EST.

I've heard people say they didn't want to participate in the census because they didn't want the government to know anything about them which is stunning - (the kindest word I can think of). The census doesn't care who people are, it cares what people are and many of them there are. It's interesting that it seems those most vocal about not participating in the census are often the same people quite vocal in their opposition to whatever administration is currently running the show. Wake up kiddies! If you don't count, your vote might ultimately not count, since you have chosen not to prove you exist.

Under Article I, Section 2 of the Constitution, seats in the House of Representatives are apportioned among the states by population, as determined by the census conducted every ten years. Each state, however, is entitled to at least one Representative.

Rawr.

Just so you know, I only post information, I have no opinion one way or the other, except I really like the idea of an Existentialist Party.

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
Oh I know the Census bureau really is important..but Washington considers them non-essential.....

A lot of Really Good things come from an accurate census...

Like all media they do not choose wisely...;)

The "I missed it News" kind of down played the importance of the Census bureau...

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Oh I know the Census bureau really is important..but Washington considers them non-essential.....

A lot of Really Good things come from an accurate census...

Like all media they do not choose wisely...;)

The "I missed it News" kind of down played the importance of the Census bureau...

Sorry - I was just rawring in general. "Ocelot" Starts with an "O" for opinionated and ends with a "T" for tightly wound.

Ocelot.jpg

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
and the census bureu releases stats for everyone, including business' to use. Kind of expensive to do independently.

BTW: I've read several reports that the FDA is skeleton crew also. I bet there's no deeming regulations this month! However that also means no more food safety/health inspections.

Actually, the census bureau is a very important department. Although it could use an overhaul, like everything else in the government, it is the statistics gathered and analyzed by the bureau that determines everything from the apportionment of federal funds to representation. There has to be a record of how many people live somewhere and at least a rough idea of the size, age range and income of households. Otherwise, well, we could all yell yea or nay next friday at 1:00PM EST.

I've heard people say they didn't want to participate in the census because they didn't want the government to know anything about them which is stunning - (the kindest word I can think of). The census doesn't care who people are, it cares what people are and many of them there are. It's interesting that it seems those most vocal about not participating in the census are often the same people quite vocal in their opposition to whatever administration is currently running the show. Wake up kiddies! If you don't count, your vote might ultimately not count, since you have chosen not to prove you exist.

Under Article I, Section 2 of the Constitution, seats in the House of Representatives are apportioned among the states by population, as determined by the census conducted every ten years. Each state, however, is entitled to at least one Representative.

Rawr.

Just so you know, I only post information, I have no opinion one way or the other, except I really like the idea of an Existentialist Party.

yellowsnow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
New Mexico
:vapor:I'm sure that dime is worth more now than it was before the mod.

On my quest for ProVari hellaflush I came up with an inexpensive trick to overcome the airdraw problem from tanks with no air channels.

I couldn't find any washers in my coin jar that were the right size..... and then Eureka! I realized the coins in said jar were perfect. So I turned a dime into a washer. (please don't tell the gov't, even though they are closed indefinitely right now)

Now, this is just a halfway solution, because it raises the pro ring a little to allow air in. I really want my rings to seat all the way and will continue to look for a solution to that goal.

Also this won't work well with flanged cartos, the carto has to pass through the hole in the dime to thread deep enough to make positive contact.

Enjoy.:D

xT0YTRd.jpg

qaMrx8f.jpg

wfr03Z9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread