100% VG Alcohol-Free E-liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

khalidmna

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2014
Liverpool, UK
Hello all

Just thought I'd share some information for those who have been looking for alcohol-free e-liquid, especially those of us who can't use some eliquids for religious reasons. I am in the UK and the only alcohol free eliquid I could find was the absolute virgin range, shipped from abroad and quite expensive. I've found a UK retailer who stocks a range of eliquid by Nova, a french company, which is 100% VG, alcohol-free and does not use artificial flavourings.

The full range can be found at:

Nova Liquids

I have ordered from them several times and they have always been great with deiivery and customer service.

Khalid

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
Hello all

Just thought I'd share some information for those who have been looking for alcohol-free e-liquid, especially those of us who can't use some eliquids for religious reasons. I am in the UK and the only alcohol free eliquid I could find was the absolute virgin range, shipped from abroad and quite expensive. I've found a UK retailer who stocks a range of eliquid by Nova, a french company, which is 100% VG, alcohol-free and does not use artificial flavourings.

Nova Liquids

I have ordered from them several times and they have always been great with deiivery and customer service.

Khalid

Thanks for posting that information :)

mosspa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2014
Bonita Springs, FL, USA
Hello all

Nova Liquids

Khalid

In case you didn't know, vegetable glycerine is glycerol and it is an alcohol, as is propylene glycol.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
^ That is a bit snide. Understandable, but snide.

Presumably religions specifically prohibit the consumption of ethanol? Ethanol = ethyl alcohol = the type used in alcoholic drinks. PG and glycerol are both alcohols although their effects are not the same. It is reported, by the way, that PG has one-third the intoxicating effect of ethanol, so in some ways they are not too dissimilar.

Of course, in the minute quantities we inhale, no intoxicating effect will be seen for any of these alcohols, including ethanol. There are two interesting issues though:

1. Propylene glycol is an intoxicating alcohol and therefore it is remotely possible that the molecule is similar to ethanol and may be picked up by a cheap/inefficient breathalyser, from oral residues.

2. Will religious leaders proscribe it, if told of its potential for intoxication when large quantities are somehow consumed (3x the equivalent volume in ethanol)? Perhaps this depends on the texts, and they are unlikely (luckily) to mention PG.

Sorry to nitpick, maybe spiritually I am a Canadian :)

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States

Presumably religions specifically prohibit the consumption of ethanol? Ethanol = ethyl alcohol = the type used in alcoholic drinks. PG and glycerol are both alcohols although their effects are not the same. It is reported, by the way, that PG has one-third the intoxicating effect of ethanol, so in some ways they are not too dissimilar.

OP already ruled out PG. Only VG, which in its digestive properties closer to sugar than alcohol.

mosspa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2014
Bonita Springs, FL, USA

Of course, in the minute quantities we inhale, no intoxicating effect will be seen for any of these alcohols, including ethanol. There are two interesting issues though:

1. Propylene glycol is an intoxicating alcohol and therefore it is remotely possible that the molecule is similar to ethanol and may be picked up by a cheap/inefficient breathalyser, from oral residues.

2. Will religious leaders proscribe it, if told of its potential for intoxication when large quantities are somehow consumed (3x the equivalent volume in ethanol)? Perhaps this depends on the texts, and they are unlikely (luckily) to mention PG.

Sorry to nitpick, maybe spiritually I am a Canadian :)

I wouldn't be too sure, roly. Interpretation of religious texts is rigorous by some. I doubt that any text specifically references 'ethanol' as 'THE ALCOHOL' to be avoided. In that case, why take the chance? If the text says 'alcohol' wouldn't it be best to avoid all alcohols, just to be sure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread