Status
Not open for further replies.

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
Whatever alcohol is in the juice (a very small amount in the flavoring base) is going to be vaporized and inhaled. You're not ingesting it. You can go into the kitchen and make pasta with Vodka sauce and you're not going to test positive from inhaling the steam from your cooking. Whether or not there is any alcohol in the juice is irrelevant. It's either going to evaporate off during steeping or burn off during vaporizing and not show up in your bloodstream.

skwerrel

Verified Member
May 27, 2012
usa
I agree with recommending Wizard labs, and also know that the owner will go out of his way to advise you. I respect very much your commitment to testing clean, good for you! You do have to watch your environment and all ways of exposure -ingesting (oral & SL), topical/trans dermal,mucosal, inhalation, injection, it can be quite daunting. Wishing you success!

Thomas Simms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2010
Modesto, CA
Alright well i might be able to give some info on this.

I just got pulled over for a DUI check a couple days ago and he told me why they have to do walking on the line tests is because they have to wait 15min from when they pull you till they can do the breathalizer because people can try to trick the test with all the myths of how to pass a DUI check. So even if you were vaping before you got pulled over by the time they do the breath test i would think all the alcohol from the flavorings would have evaporated.

Im no expert in any of this just my experience and observations.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
The nicotine base liquids from Xtreme Vaping are just plain delicious and of the highest level of purity. Enough said. You get what you pay for.

If alcohol is included in the e-liquid you will inhale it as it vaporizes off the heating coil. That vapor has no where to go except to you. Still, the amount of alcohol included in flavoring ingredients is exceedingly small. You could easily get just as much alcohol into your bloodstream from any of a wide variety of artificially flavored foods.

I wouldn't worry about trace amounts of alcohol from e-liquid showing up in employer's blood snooping tests. I don't care if you drive a gasoline tanker or fly an airliner for a living. Zero % alcohol in blood tests is not a criterion for competent performance. There are established BAC levels to determine if impairment is a concern.

Last edited:
Vg has caused me some breathing problems though, I'm thinking about switching to pg, according to wiki it is a diol (double alcohol). Does anyone know if that would cause a positive on an etg test (test that tests for the metabolites of ethanol). I doubt propylene glycol on its own would cause any problems if ingested, a great deal of products contain it and I know a ton of people would be testing positive if so, but I wasn't sure if the heating process might change propylene glycol somehow? Any help much appreciated! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread