110 watt arduino controlled box mod development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claviger

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2014
Honolulu, HI
Hey all. I am doing some development on an arduino controlled box mod capable of 110 watts, 2.5 - 6.0 volts, safe down to 0.1 ohm. The goal is a single board with the arduino, all associated circuitry, and the 110 watt power converter on it in the 80 mmx18 mmx9 mm size range. I am trying to get it down to as few wires as possible, similar to a SX350 or DNAxx, only with some real power and a open source up-gradable micro-controller.

All the power output has been tested already and works fine. The development is mainly code at the moment. If you are interested link is below. Currently, it's not pretty, but does work :)

Code being shared publicly as it is developed, not a "look at me, sorry not sharing" post.

You asked mamu it's coming.

Last edited:

Claviger

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2014
Honolulu, HI
It's coming along well. New size will be 32mm x 32mm x 95mm, will charge via a mini-din connector run to a LiPO balance charger. I'v found with the VV design and extreme efficiency of the chip I am using paired with a new sleep mode for the Arduino that for each 900 mah battery I use I get about a full day of use, so for the prototype white box version I get two days worth of use which comes out to about 15-20 ml of fluid through either a Fogger V4, Kayfun 3.1, or Taifun GT, so quite a bit of use.

110 watts, full day of vaping, small size format, and all the info you could possibly want on a small display.... all for about $90.00 and some soldering work :)

Incredible. Wish I had the know how to attempt something similar, something of this nature is so far above my head it is scary. This coming from a guy that graduated Electrical and Automation Technology and is working as a Mechanical/Electrical technician at The Jackson Lab. I work on AB plc's on a weekly basis. And the stuff you're building right now is still above my level of comprehension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread