Going from 12mg to 6mg

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm planning on going from 12mg to 6mg. Started at 18mg 4 months ago And was too harsh for me. Went down to 12 and was ok but have been chain vaping a lot recently and have been getting really dizzy and headaches. Planning on going to 6mg. What's the difference for anyone who has done this? And will 6mg nicotine allow me to vape more without having nic overdosing? I would much rather drop down to 6mg then cut back on my chain vaping. What do you guys think? Thanks

phanatic4ever

Verified Member
Aug 14, 2012
Antioch, CA, USA
I personally think that is a great idea! I like to allow myself to vape whenever I have the urge to do so and it helps to use a low nic juice to allow for that. I worked my way down from 24mg to 12mg over the course of a year. About two months ago, I dropped it again (comfortably) to 6mg. You will notice a decrease in throat hit but I have some VV/VW devices that help to kick the throat hit back up a bit. Now I have my eyes set on the prize of zero nic pretty soon but still working up the courage.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I vape 6 most of the time, I also have zero nic and some 12, so if I feel I need a nic hit I use 12, but usually 6 suits me just fine and I have some 3 as well, sometimes I just love the zero to vape, it is not harsh on my mouth or throat and it just feels good :) So whatever you need you can jump around if you need to. bnrk

LeoRex

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
United States
As I sit here vaping some Legend, why wouldn't I stop? I love the flavor, and there is really something calming about a nice cloud of vapor billowing out.

Even if I stepped down to 0 nic, I'd do this.. and my enjoyment wouldn't be compromised.

I guess it all depends on your approach. I vape because I get the whole experience with the damage of smoking... I have no interest in stopping... I just wanted a way to do it without getting lung cancer. :)

But there are people vaping as a means of soft landing and quitting completely.

gokusnimbus

ECF Veteran
May 20, 2013
los angeles
whats your set up?

started off with 12mg in a carto-tank. TH was solid but i started to chain vape more.

tried dripping. 12mg was way too much TH. 6mg is just right. its a low enough level where you can chain vape, maintain a good TH, and turn up the voltage for increased TH. my rebuildable atomizer is set up for lots of vapor so 6mg feels like a lot. as often as i chain vape, i hardly get any headaches. always drink plenty of water! hope that helps.

Last edited:
whats your set up?

started off with 12mg in a carto-tank. TH was solid but i started to chain vape more.

tried dripping. 12mg was way too much TH. 6mg is just right. its a low enough level where you can chain vape, maintain a good TH, and turn up the voltage for increased TH. my rebuildable atomizer is set up for lots of vapor so 6mg feels like a lot. as often as i chain vape, i hardly get any headaches. always drink plenty of water! hope that helps.

Provari mini with a protank. Just bought legend, pg hype, bobas bounty, 2 vape dudes flavors and snicker doodle from ms t's bakery all in 6mg. Crossing my fingers it will not all go to waste.

I am in the exact same boat as you however I have, at times, needed more than the 6mg. If I eat a really big meal or have a couple drinks I'll notice that I am just unsatisfied even after chain vaping.

I personally think that is a great idea! I like to allow myself to vape whenever I have the urge to do so and it helps to use a low nic juice to allow for that. I worked my way down from 24mg to 12mg over the course of a year. About two months ago, I dropped it again (comfortably) to 6mg. You will notice a decrease in throat hit but I have some VV/VW devices that help to kick the throat hit back up a bit. Now I have my eyes set on the prize of zero nic pretty soon but still working up the courage.

That's great to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread