The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

12th day vaping.

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by mwahle1, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. mwahle1

mwahle1 Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 19, 2009
    Chicago, IL. USA
    Yesterday was my 12th day vaping, but the first day with no analogs. I was a 3-4.5 pack a day chain smoker (embarrassing) for approximately 25 years. The first day of vaping my analog consumption decreased to 13 and continued to decrease daily after that. Do not get me wrong, I still crave analog cigarettes, but the cravings are relatively minor. I hope the cravings decrease through time. I assume sooner or later I will get cravings to vape instead of smoke. Is this correct?

2. tdwave

tdwave Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2009
    South East Coast, N.J.
    Just awesome. You will be fine. Good Luck to you... You took the step. Now just enjoy the flavors. You have got to feel better. I don't really get cravings for vaping, it's kind of different, i like vaping like i did smoking, but I just do it out of smoking habit if that makes sense. You will find your happy spot. Just stay the course as they say...

3. the86d

the86d Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2009
    So. California, USA
    On the 13th day of vaping, the forum gave to me...
    Some Juice info, and Juice started with e...
    ---------------------------------------------------
    FYI what I have done was buy some eLiquid, and when I am having a craving I add a drop or two of "Higher Octane stuff" than I vape all day to the top of the cart.

I do this in the morning and at night.

Hope this helps.

Mine did get better, but WAY better then I started doing this.

4. SheerLuckHolmes

SheerLuckHolmes Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2009
    Tempe, Az
    I had smoked tobacco products (cigs, cigar, pipes) for over 45 years. I started vap'n just to play with a new toy. Within the first week I had gotten away from analogs without really trying. As you can see from the bottom of this post it is now over 100 days. My taste buds are just now starting to wake up again. For me the most important aspect of vap'n what getting the big clouds of vapor. As long as my devices provided that I was fine.

Very shortly after starting I got into making my own juice with pg and/or VG. That has been a lot of fun.

Look forward to a longer life and have fun.

5. breakdown00

breakdown00 Senior Member ECF Veteran

i dont really get a craving to vape its more for nic in general, i still crave a cig once in a while, but go about a month or so without a real cig and only vape then try a cig (this isnt a good idea for some, those who are really struggling with quitting analogs, just again, my opinion) and u will notice that even though u still have a craving, its disgusting, and u more then likely cant finish a cig, i wasnt even 2 drags in and i had to put it out, was that bad, so it wont take long for u to never want a cig again, remember, its all in ur head after about a week, literally

6. jj2

jj2 Moved On ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009
    Hundred Acre Wood
    You'll find there is a lingering craving. This is kind of a mind thing because you remember how you like it.
    Give it some time without having an analog and then try one. Most likely you're going to hate it.

7. bbl63

bbl63 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2009
    Denver, CO
    I smoked 49 yrs - and got up to over 2 1/2 packs a day and never planned on quitting. I got my first e-cig over 2 months ago and have not had an analog since. It came as a huge surprise to me. The only time I think about a cigarette is if I get stressed, but then I just pick up my e-cig and I'm fine. I hope it continues to go well for you.

8. Kent C

Kent C ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    Good on you!

On the 12th day of vaping, my true love sent to me.....

12 Red bull cartos

we could have one of those threads :D

Not here - no highjacking

9. NoMoreFags
    This message by NoMoreFags has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Dec 4, 2009, Reason: multiple identity of a banned member = troll.
    Dec 3, 2009
  10. martha1014

martha1014 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2009
    Delhi, LA USA
    I think it a gradual sort of thing. At first I would crave a cigarette and would not deny myself. Eventually it got less and less and eventually I quit even craving an analog. Now it doesn't even cross my mind. After 3-4 packs a day for over 40 years it wasn't a hard habit to break. If I can do it anybody can, just stick to it.

11. JohnnyFusion

JohnnyFusion Full Member ECF Veteran

Nov 1, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    Good for you!

I went exclusively to vaping about 2 months ago. I'm certainly at the point where the craving is for an ecig instead of an analog.

Occasionally, I still get a little confused and want an analog. But smelling someone smoking, then tasting my great ecig flavors, puts it to rest.

Things can be a bit difficult at first (I had a tendency to "romance" the idea of having an analog). Just keep it up, and you'll forget about analogs in no time.

12. mwahle1

mwahle1 Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 19, 2009
    Chicago, IL. USA
    As long as I can vape (dam FDA) I decided I will never have a cigarette again.

13. DC2

DC2 Tootie Puffer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    I hate to say this, but I believe it to be true.

If a week or so from now you try a cigarette, you will almost certainly hate it.
    And I think that is the one thing that can really, truly, and forever kill any cravings.

I have yet to hear of ANYBODY that tried a cigarette and went back to them.

I have heard a few people that say they tried one and did NOT hate it.
    But I still haven't heard any of them turning back either.

But if you can get by the cravings without doing it...
    Or if you are concerned you MIGHT turn back if you gave it a shot...
    Then yeah, do not treat this as a recommendation.
    :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.