12th day vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwahle1

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL. USA
Yesterday was my 12th day vaping, but the first day with no analogs. I was a 3-4.5 pack a day chain smoker (embarrassing) for approximately 25 years. The first day of vaping my analog consumption decreased to 13 and continued to decrease daily after that. Do not get me wrong, I still crave analog cigarettes, but the cravings are relatively minor. I hope the cravings decrease through time. I assume sooner or later I will get cravings to vape instead of smoke. Is this correct?

tdwave

ECF Veteran
Just awesome. You will be fine. Good Luck to you... You took the step. Now just enjoy the flavors. You have got to feel better. I don't really get cravings for vaping, it's kind of different, i like vaping like i did smoking, but I just do it out of smoking habit if that makes sense. You will find your happy spot. Just stay the course as they say...

the86d

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2009
So. California, USA
On the 13th day of vaping, the forum gave to me...
Some Juice info, and Juice started with e...
---------------------------------------------------
FYI what I have done was buy some eLiquid, and when I am having a craving I add a drop or two of "Higher Octane stuff" than I vape all day to the top of the cart.

I do this in the morning and at night.

Hope this helps.

Mine did get better, but WAY better then I started doing this.

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
I had smoked tobacco products (cigs, cigar, pipes) for over 45 years. I started vap'n just to play with a new toy. Within the first week I had gotten away from analogs without really trying. As you can see from the bottom of this post it is now over 100 days. My taste buds are just now starting to wake up again. For me the most important aspect of vap'n what getting the big clouds of vapor. As long as my devices provided that I was fine.

Very shortly after starting I got into making my own juice with pg and/or VG. That has been a lot of fun.

Look forward to a longer life and have fun.

breakdown00

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Bonita Springs, Florida
Yesterday was my 12th day vaping, but the first day with no analogs. I was a 3-4.5 pack a day chain smoker (embarrassing) for approximately 25 years. The first day of vaping my analog consumption decreased to 13 and continued to decrease daily after that. Do not get me wrong, I still crave analog cigarettes, but the cravings are relatively minor. I hope the cravings decrease through time. I assume sooner or later I will get cravings to vape instead of smoke. Is this correct?

i dont really get a craving to vape its more for nic in general, i still crave a cig once in a while, but go about a month or so without a real cig and only vape then try a cig (this isnt a good idea for some, those who are really struggling with quitting analogs, just again, my opinion) and u will notice that even though u still have a craving, its disgusting, and u more then likely cant finish a cig, i wasnt even 2 drags in and i had to put it out, was that bad, so it wont take long for u to never want a cig again, remember, its all in ur head after about a week, literally

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Do not get me wrong, I still crave analog cigarettes, but the cravings are relatively minor. I hope the cravings decrease through time.

You'll find there is a lingering craving. This is kind of a mind thing because you remember how you like it.
Give it some time without having an analog and then try one. Most likely you're going to hate it.

bbl63

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
Denver, CO

I smoked 49 yrs - and got up to over 2 1/2 packs a day and never planned on quitting. I got my first e-cig over 2 months ago and have not had an analog since. It came as a huge surprise to me. The only time I think about a cigarette is if I get stressed, but then I just pick up my e-cig and I'm fine. I hope it continues to go well for you.

NoMoreFags

Moved On
Dec 3, 2009
Earth
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: multiple identity of a banned member = troll

martha1014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Delhi, LA USA
I think it a gradual sort of thing. At first I would crave a cigarette and would not deny myself. Eventually it got less and less and eventually I quit even craving an analog. Now it doesn't even cross my mind. After 3-4 packs a day for over 40 years it wasn't a hard habit to break. If I can do it anybody can, just stick to it.

JohnnyFusion

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
Peoria, IL
Good for you!

I went exclusively to vaping about 2 months ago. I'm certainly at the point where the craving is for an ecig instead of an analog.

Occasionally, I still get a little confused and want an analog. But smelling someone smoking, then tasting my great ecig flavors, puts it to rest.

Things can be a bit difficult at first (I had a tendency to "romance" the idea of having an analog). Just keep it up, and you'll forget about analogs in no time.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I hate to say this, but I believe it to be true.

If a week or so from now you try a cigarette, you will almost certainly hate it.
And I think that is the one thing that can really, truly, and forever kill any cravings.

I have yet to hear of ANYBODY that tried a cigarette and went back to them.

I have heard a few people that say they tried one and did NOT hate it.
But I still haven't heard any of them turning back either.

But if you can get by the cravings without doing it...
Or if you are concerned you MIGHT turn back if you gave it a shot...
Then yeah, do not treat this as a recommendation.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread