$15 billion awarded to Quebec smokers in landmark class-action lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
I don't see how this is anything but bad news for vaping.

ANTZ made this happen. This notion that the products were harmful, that industry lied about it, and this very bizarre notion that users thought it would be 'perfectly safe' to use these products.

It really could happen with any good sold to the public, but has a better chance of happening with any good sold that ANTZ is in there to battle, both for heavy regulations and for the idea of users are being lied to when they think the product is 'perfectly safe.'

Just as there was a golden era for smoking / smokers who were not affected by the legalities that came 50 or so years later, I think vaping community will be in that sort of bubble, but for far shorter period of time (more like 15 years). Then as vapers pass away, and as family members are grieving and having the ANTZ influence try to make sense of the passing, it'll be sold to them that vaping (liquid nicotine) played a role and they ought to be compensated for being sold on the idea that the product was 'perfectly safe' when in (their myopic) reality, it was the primary causation of their demise.

Yet another reason why THR can be seen as a blessing and curse.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Getting involved with vaping has a tendency to do that...
At least to people who are paying attention...

I think it's opened some eyes. Also think it has caused some confusion, like "why is my Senator/favorite media so opposed to ecigarettes??" or "... on the wrong side of this issue??" ... which sometimes happens right before - eyes wide open ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread