Not open for further replies.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Thank you Red!
I am back home! I got my blood taken, my exam done, and a tetanus shot. I have never had a tetanus shot [emoji40] [emoji5] I have been due for one since I was 10 years old [emoji5] I always lied to the doctors over the years telling them I had it up to date to avoid needles....lol Today when she asked me I looked at her smiled and told her, nope I need one! Lol She asked if I wanted to do it today, and I was like, may as well throw it on me! :) So, I finally got my tetanus shot! Yay! I am so proud of myself! I did not get sick or pale when I got my shot and blood taken. I think I am getting over my fear of needles! Woot!Woot! I never thought I would ever say those words :) I should get blood work results in 2 days, and exam results in 2 weeks. Today was the first time in my life having blood drawn. I almost screwed up anf did not get to have my blood drawn...only me....lol...so, she asked me if I ate anything today, and like a dumbazz I said "yep I think I had a nutrigrain bar"...she looked at me and told me you cant have your blood drawn today if you ate and your not supposed to eat for 8 hours before.....I truly had no idea about that, because I have never had blood taken and nobody told me. So, after about 5 minutes I looked at her and got into my coat pocket and there was my nutrigrain bar I thought I ate this morning but I didnt! Haha who does that? ME! Thats who! Only I forget to eat and think I ate when I didn't! I do that all the time... The thing that worried me now is, last night I ate 3 mini hershey bars around 11:38 or 11:48....I hope that does not affect my sugar results....I really wish I would have known and researched blood work Dos and donts. :(
Oh! And she prescribed me some medicine for my belly!
I appreciate everyone's support and happy wishes through this. So, I ask you guys to pray or vibe that my candy bar adventure late last night does not affect my sugar results. Hugs!
Good girl!!!! The chocolate lasts night shouldn't mess with results. Glad you got something for the belly, hope it works and you're back to feeling yourself soon!

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
If I ever got to write an autobiography, it'd be called "Murphy's Law". I pulled something in my upper back just below my right shoulder.

Invaper Zim
Ughhhh... Mine is inside my right shoulder from trying to start both mowers the other day! Why are those cords so freaking long, anyways?

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
o_O Those are fancy... my Zomig was the quick melt tablet/pill things. I had a love/hate relationship with those things. They definitely would kill the migraines 90% off the time, however that's cuz I had about ten minutes from the time I took the tablet till I was out cold for at least six hours...

Fortunately I didn't often get to the point of needed those. I tend to get warning signs of what I call floaters and fireflies. Little pinpricks of light dancing in my vision and "objects" wandering around my field of vision that aren't actually there. If I take meds as soon as I get those, I'm normally able to head it off.

It sucks though, cuz my best preventative med we found was Midrin. Basically super Excedrin mixed with Advil I think and loads of caffeine. Stupid med company decided to reformulate and the new version doesn't work for me.

:eek: You do need a new pillow if it's hurting you... I think they have a group for that kind of thing... :lol:

I know what you mean though. My pillows got messed up a few days ago and my back has been all sorts of wonky cuz I'm not laying right.

I make my own mix...I take 4 ibuprofen, 3 asprin and two naproxen...and a cup o coffee.....that comes the closest to doing the trick. Doesn't get rid of it, but does mute it enough I don't feel like I am dying :p

Mike Weatherford Jr

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2015
(Classified), California
Ughhhh... Mine is inside my right shoulder from trying to start both mowers the other day! Why are those cords so freaking long, anyways?
I know right?!? Eight feet of cable to pull start a mower.

Invaper Zim

Mike Weatherford Jr

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2015
(Classified), California

Mike Weatherford Jr

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2015
(Classified), California
When does the new adventure begin?
Thursday morning. Tomorrow we pick up the moving truck and car dolly (Gonna tow the Bronco), go and unload storage into the box truck, come back and pack up the hotel room. Thursday morning we leave bright and early. I'll be pretty inactive though, no reception for a good chunk of the drive, I'll check in when I can though.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Thursday morning. Tomorrow we pick up the moving truck and car dolly (Gonna tow the Bronco), go and unload storage into the box truck, come back and pack up the hotel room. Thursday morning we leave bright and early. I'll be pretty inactive though, no reception for a good chunk of the drive, I'll check in when I can though.
Eat at Mickey D's.... Free wifi!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread