17mm Atty/Glassomizer/RBA/RDA/CartoTank

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikZak

May 28, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Hi there folks

I am one of those weird people who has a couple (that's right, two of them...:facepalm:) of 17mm diameter Mini Nemesis (Nemi) mods

I already have a SmokTech Scar RDA for it which is unfortunately 18-18.5mm diameter and aesthetically does not please me as well as an Anima clone coming (which is reportedly 17mm diameter)

What I'm looking for is a different topper for my Nemi's, I'm thinking I'd like something with a tank of some description (whether it be Kayfun style, Genesis style or Carto style) for being out and about and driving

Adjustable airflow would be nice or at least the ability to redrill the stock tiny airholes that come on many devices

I've never tried a carto tank either but haven't been able to find one in 17mm.

I'd prefer something that won't leak too readily if it's a tank style. I have my dripping down to a fine art and rarely get leaks off those devices but tanks worry me

Suggest away, I'm open to any and all suggestions

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Just been doing some research into the Taifun, it seems to be basically an upside down Genesis... is that a good way of thinking about it?
Looks that way, but isn't. It's pressure differential, just like a GT, but with the wicks in the top rather than the sides... you can only fit so much into a 17mm diameter. ;-)
Actually, there are several wick style options because you can build with primary and feeder wicks... and even retention packing like a GP Heron.

Here... this may help. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/rebuildable-atomizer-systems/528159-taifun-gs-setup.html

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
yeah I've looked into both the arrow and penelope but neither seems to still be made any more, in either original or clone form

I didn't realize the Arrow was discontinued. As for Penelope, yeah it's always a crapshoot if or when another manufacturing run will be done on those products (yes the setup can be confusing the first couple times, but it gets much easier than it looks with practice). I guess the best bet for either one of those would probably be somewhere in the used gear market (several trading groups on Facebook or similar, as well as the Classifieds here, etc) :2c:

Can't think of much else since 17mm is such an odd size, most everything I've personal experience with is 14, 16 or 20+

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
Kayfun Mini is the way to go for a tank system, Taifun GS is nice, but way more difficult to get it wicking properly, and only marginally better when it does work properly. I've had my Taifun working perfectly for a week or more then all the sudden it will decide to dump the tank of juice, haven't tried it yet with filler Spheroid style, but I really don't use it much since I've picked up the KF Minis, nice thing about the mini is is you can also remove the tank, and use it like a mini dripper.

Love the Mini clones, have three of the Ivogos.

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
Sophia everytime sold all my KFLs. Microcoiled 28awg 1.4mm arc welded and ... cotton amazing vape at 42000hz ;)

Have 2 sophias, Divers, I do use them, but prefer my Minis, which are very hard to beat built right. These are a better vape when built properly then any of the Full size I have, though the orchid, and Hcigar HC are pretty damn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread