The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

17mm Atty/Glassomizer/RBA/RDA/CartoTank

Discussion in '"Where can I get a .......?"' started by NikZak, Aug 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. NikZak

NikZak Super Member

May 28, 2014
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hi there folks

I am one of those weird people who has a couple (that's right, two of them...:facepalm:) of 17mm diameter Mini Nemesis (Nemi) mods

I already have a SmokTech Scar RDA for it which is unfortunately 18-18.5mm diameter and aesthetically does not please me as well as an Anima clone coming (which is reportedly 17mm diameter)

What I'm looking for is a different topper for my Nemi's, I'm thinking I'd like something with a tank of some description (whether it be Kayfun style, Genesis style or Carto style) for being out and about and driving

Adjustable airflow would be nice or at least the ability to redrill the stock tiny airholes that come on many devices

I've never tried a carto tank either but haven't been able to find one in 17mm.

I'd prefer something that won't leak too readily if it's a tank style. I have my dripping down to a fine art and rarely get leaks off those devices but tanks worry me

Suggest away, I'm open to any and all suggestions

2. State O' Flux

State O' Flux Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2013
    Seattle
  3. NikZak

NikZak Super Member

May 28, 2014
    Melbourne, Australia
    Oooooh, very interesting, I hadn't even considered a Taifun, I normally look at Kayfuns, the Taifun has a much nicer looking build deck...

What's it like to use? leak and air flow wish

4. NikZak

NikZak Super Member

May 28, 2014
    Melbourne, Australia
    Just been doing some research into the Taifun, it seems to be basically an upside down Genesis... is that a good way of thinking about it?

5. State O' Flux

State O' Flux Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2013
    Seattle
    Looks that way, but isn't. It's pressure differential, just like a GT, but with the wicks in the top rather than the sides... you can only fit so much into a 17mm diameter. ;-)
    Actually, there are several wick style options because you can build with primary and feeder wicks... and even retention packing like a GP Heron.

Here... this may help. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/rebuildable-atomizer-systems/528159-taifun-gs-setup.html

6. NikZak

NikZak Super Member

May 28, 2014
    Melbourne, Australia
    Cool, thanks mate

Just also wondering, does anyone know of an actual carto tank that comes in a 17mm diameter?

7. DreamWithin

DreamWithin Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 15, 2012
    New England
    No idea on the carto tanks, haven't seen any myself. When Smoktech first came out with their DCTs, the smaller of the two was just a little under that, though

As for 17mm RBAs, the original version of the Arrow is 17mm and the GG Penelope is right around 17

8. NikZak

NikZak Super Member

May 28, 2014
    Melbourne, Australia
    yeah I've looked into both the arrow and penelope but neither seems to still be made any more, in either original or clone form

9. jjkanto

jjkanto Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 26, 2013
    Patterson, CA
    Check out GG Penelope's! 17 mm tank, no leaks.

10. NikZak

NikZak Super Member

May 28, 2014
    Melbourne, Australia
    Can't get Penelope any more or the clones of her :( looks a bit of a confusing tank setup though

11. DreamWithin

DreamWithin Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 15, 2012
    New England
    I didn't realize the Arrow was discontinued. As for Penelope, yeah it's always a crapshoot if or when another manufacturing run will be done on those products (yes the setup can be confusing the first couple times, but it gets much easier than it looks with practice). I guess the best bet for either one of those would probably be somewhere in the used gear market (several trading groups on Facebook or similar, as well as the Classifieds here, etc) :2c:

Can't think of much else since 17mm is such an odd size, most everything I've personal experience with is 14, 16 or 20+

12. NikZak

NikZak Super Member

May 28, 2014
    Melbourne, Australia
    Well, I guess I could settle for a 16mm atty if that's more common, any good ones in that size that you could recommend?

13. ccwaters

ccwaters Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 31, 2013
    Minnesota USA
  14. NikZak

NikZak Super Member

May 28, 2014
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yeah I'm waiting on Fasttech for my anima clone to arrive, looking forward to that but I'd really like something tank-like for out and about as well as suggestions of other drippers to use as I sometimes just drip on the run

15. ccwaters

Aug 31, 2013
    Minnesota USA
    Kayfun Mini is the way to go for a tank system, Taifun GS is nice, but way more difficult to get it wicking properly, and only marginally better when it does work properly. I've had my Taifun working perfectly for a week or more then all the sudden it will decide to dump the tank of juice, haven't tried it yet with filler Spheroid style, but I really don't use it much since I've picked up the KF Minis, nice thing about the mini is is you can also remove the tank, and use it like a mini dripper.

Love the Mini clones, have three of the Ivogos.

16. ZeroOhm

ZeroOhm Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 7, 2013
    UK
    Sophia everytime sold all my KFLs. Microcoiled 28awg 1.4mm arc welded and jap cotton amazing vape at 42000hz ;)

17. ccwaters

Aug 31, 2013
    Minnesota USA
    Have 2 sophias, Divers, I do use them, but prefer my Minis, which are very hard to beat built right. These are a better vape when built properly then any of the Full size I have, though the orchid, and Hcigar HC are pretty damn good.

18. ZeroOhm

ZeroOhm Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 7, 2013
    UK
    Got rid of my Divers over the Sophias just find them better all round. Kayfun mini is ok find it a bit ugly vapes better than the KFLs and 3.1. Prefer GG Penelope, Xplora, Taifun GS.

Just feel the Kayfun has had its day Orchid looks interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.