180 mah?? What does this mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

desertlover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Southern California
I recently started vaping. I bought a 510 starter kit and have been pretty pleased, cept for battery constantly needs recharging and have to drip alot (my choice, I guess).
Anyway, so I went and looked up the specs and it said 180 mah. I don't know what that means, but it seems smaller than other people on here mention.
So, what can I do to increase my mah (or whatever)? so I don't hafta charge it so often? Do I just buy a battery (like someone else uses) and have the vendor find a matching atty and cartridge? Or a different starter kit entirely or what? :confused:

ejoker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
mah is in essence the capacity rating of the battery (milliamps/hour). the higher the mah, the longer utility of the battery.
the only way to increase mah is to use a different battery. the batts in the 510 cannot be changed out for a larger one, you'll need to move to a new device. the ego/riva/tornado kits come from 650 to 1300 mah, and can be had with compatible 510 threads.
or a battery mod using non-proprietary batts (that are cheaper to replace).

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I agree with ejoker. The longer you want your battery to last, the bigger it gets. My 1000mah ego batts are larger than my 650mah ego batts. Both of them would work with your atty. I'd advise investing in a ego kit. You can always use what you have with the ego or independently. The sacrifice is vanity of having something that looks like a cigarett, but face the facts. You are not smoking, so why does it need to look like a cigarette? Just my $.02

desertlover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Southern California
Appreciate the help. I'm considering the mod, cuz I don't care what it looks like. Mainly use it in the house, so it doesn't matter. And I could still have my 510 if I wanted to go out on the town with something more cigarette like (mine is stainless). Thanks for taking the time to answer my question!!!

Since I do like a cig sized unit, another option is a KR808D-1 @ 280mah. I have both, the 510 and 808D-1. The 808D-1's definitely last longer but I do love the flavor and smoothness of 510 carto's.
Solution?
Adapters from a 808 battery to a 510 carto.
I do this, but I also use both setups....love em both for differing reasons.

I routinely carry about 4, 808D-1 batteries with me, and never run out of power thruout the day.
Also carry 1 to 2, 510 setups as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread