18650 battery help for a new member please

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaked19

Jun 12, 2015
Hi all,
Im thinking of getting the sigelei 100w plus mod and im trying to figure out how long it will last me.

Im thinking of using two samsung 25r 18650 batteries
3.7v
2500mah
35a peak discharge/22a continous.

Am i right in thinking that if i use a coil at 1.2 resistance at 20 watts with 7.4 voltage it leaves me with 3083.33 ma.

So if my two 18650s add up to 5000mah, ill get around an hour and 40 minutes continous use, or am i just being totally stupid?

Any help would be appreiciated a lot!

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
full

Hi jaked and welcome aboard!

If you're using two batteries, I'd be willing to bet that you'l bet over a day's worth of vaping - probably more like two.5 days. without doing the math. your number look reasonable.

Hope it helps and Happy Vaping!

Reactions: jaked19

dhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2014
Georgia
I have an iStick 50 and I run my 1.3-2.0 ohm coils under 20 watts. I get about a day and 3/4 out of it. You'd get about an hour and forty minutes if you pressed the button and let it continuously discharge until empty. Based on that time, since I only take about 3-4 second pulls on my tank, I get between 1500 and 2000 vapes on a charge

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hi all,
Im thinking of getting the sigelei 100w plus mod and im trying to figure out how long it will last me.

3.7v
2500mah

Am i right in thinking that if i use a coil at 1.2 resistance at 20 watts with 7.4 voltage it leaves me with 3083.33 ma.

So if my two 18650s add up to 5000mah, ill get around an hour and 40 minutes continous use, or am i just being totally stupid?

1: "Im thinking of using two samsung 25r 18650 batteries"
Sounds good.

2: "Am i right in thinking that if i use a coil at 1.2 resistance at 20 watts with 7.4 voltage it leaves me with 3083.33 ma."
1 minute while I scratch my head.......................
watts = volts x volts / ohms
20 watts = 7.4 x 7.4 / 1.2 = 45
No you have the numbers wrong.

You can set watts or volts, not both.

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
Hi all,

3.7v
2500mah

There's no way 20 watts on a 1.2 ohm coil is 7.4v. I know that math doesn't add up. I would rerun your numbers. Also I wouldn't buy a 100w mod if your just gonna run it at 20. You can run a single 18650 battery mod and just buy two batteries and switch it out when one dies

jaked19

Jun 12, 2015
Sounds good.

2: "Am i right in thinking that if i use a coil at 1.2 resistance at 20 watts with 7.4 voltage it leaves me with 3083.33 ma."

Just realised my error this morning, was on the verge of falling sleep:oops:

jaked19

Jun 12, 2015
There's no way 20 watts on a 1.2 ohm coil is 7.4v. I know that math doesn't add up. I would rerun your numbers. Also I wouldn't buy a 100w mod if your just gonna run it at 20. You can run a single 18650 battery mod and just buy two batteries and switch it out when one dies
The reason im running 20w is to try and get a full days use from it whilst im at work, when im at home ill be using an RDA at a lower resistance and higher wattage, which is why im going for the 100w

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hi jaked19 and welcome to ECF :)

Hi all,

3.7v
2500mah

Those are good batteries for this mod :thumb:

First, for battery drain (amp draw from them) it doesn't matter what resistance you run with a variable wattage mod, the only thing that matters is the watts you set at.

To get an idea of how long the batteries will last I like to use one of the Steam Engine calculators. This is the battery drain calculator which has a feature on the right side called 'Runtime' which I think is what you're interested in. I already set up the battery in the 'Battery presets' section ln the left side and I think the link will keep that. Set the 'Power (wattage) setting' to 20 watts, leave the 'Atomizer resistance' at 1.9 ohms, check the Runtime section on the lower right side and you'll see 25 minutes. That's for one battery and you can double that because you have two batteries in the Sigelei. It does not matter that they are in series, not parallel.

Change the atty resistance to 0.1 ohms, hit enter and you get the same battery runtime. Change the watts and the runtime changes to suit.

Hope you enjoy whatever mod you end up getting :thumb:

Reactions: Baditude

jaked19

Jun 12, 2015
Hi jaked19 and welcome to ECF :)

Those are good batteries for this mod :thumb:

First, for battery drain (amp draw from them) it doesn't matter what resistance you run with a variable wattage mod, the only thing that matters is the watts you set at.

To get an idea of how long the batteries will last I like to use one of the Steam Engine calculators. This is the battery drain calculator which has a feature on the right side called 'Runtime' which I think is what you're interested in. I already set up the battery in the 'Battery presets' section ln the left side and I think the link will keep that. Set the 'Power (wattage) setting' to 20 watts, leave the 'Atomizer resistance' at 1.9 ohms, check the Runtime section on the lower right side and you'll see 25 minutes. That's for one battery and you can double that because you have two batteries in the Sigelei. It does not matter that they are in series, not parallel.

Change the atty resistance to 0.1 ohms, hit enter and you get the same battery runtime. Change the watts and the runtime changes to suit.

Hope you enjoy whatever mod you end up getting :thumb:
Thanks for the reply! This was very helpful:D so my runtime would be 50 minutes, and for somebody who would be taking a hit between 2-4 seconds am i right in thinking this would last me a day, as i do not use it constant all day, i will be getting 2 pairs of samsung 25r anyway but would be nice not having to take spares and swap them out at work:thumb::evil: thanks alot for the reply

Reactions: Ryedan

Happy e-cigarette

Jun 10, 2015
Sounds good.

It seems all about math, so difficult...

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
The reason im running 20w is to try and get a full days use from it whilst im at work, when im at home ill be using an RDA at a lower resistance and higher wattage, which is why im going for the 100w
We'll you literally never take it out of your mouth you can definitely make that last you all day. Hell I'm pretty sure you could run pass through on that vape if you have an office job lol. You could probably run it at a higher wattage and it still last you but 20 does sound plenty good. Usually around where I vape at.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Hi all,

3.7v
2500mah

I'm surprised no one corrected that.

The Sigelei 100W is a SERIES mod. The batteries are configured in a series, like stacking one on top of the other. This doubles the voltage BUT DOES NOT DOUBLE THE MAH NOR AMPS. You're basically using the mah of the first battery and passing through half the voltage from the second battery. Once the first battery is drained though, that's it.

So despite the fact that you're using dual batteries you still only have the 2500mah of a single battery to work with.

If you want to double the mah then you need to find a PARALLEL mod, such as the iStick 50W that runs dual batteries in parallel. They will double the mah but will not be double the voltage so they'll be much lower in total power output. 50-60W is about the maximum you can get from a Parallel battery mod.

Now, that said, the Series Mod will last longer than a single battery if you're running low wattage because the voltage being drawn is split between two batteries, but it won't last as long as a Parallel mod where the actual mah rating is doubled. Figure around 40% longer than a single battery if you're running around 20W.

Reactions: Baditude

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I'm surprised no one corrected that.

The Sigelei 100W is a SERIES mod. The batteries are configured in a series, like stacking one on top of the other. This doubles the voltage BUT DOES NOT DOUBLE THE MAH NOR AMPS. You're basically using the mah of the first battery and passing through half the voltage from the second battery. Once the first battery is drained though, that's it.

So despite the fact that you're using dual batteries you still only have the 2500mah of a single battery to work with.

If you want to double the mah then you need to find a PARALLEL mod, such as the iStick 50W that runs dual batteries in parallel. They will double the mah but will not be double the voltage so they'll be much lower in total power output. 50-60W is about the maximum you can get from a Parallel battery mod.

Now, that said, the Series Mod will last longer than a single battery if you're running low wattage because the voltage being drawn is split between two batteries, but it won't last as long as a Parallel mod where the actual mah rating is doubled. Figure around 40% longer than a single battery if you're running around 20W.

hmmm.
Something needs to be said to clarify that.
2 batteries in series doubles the total energy capacity.
With 2 2500 mah 4 volt batteries in series, you have 2500 mah at 8 volts of energy available.

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona
My rDNA40 (single 18650) will easily get me through 2 tanks of juice (8mls or so) vaping at 22.5 watts. Unless you work 16 hour days, vaping at 20watts on the Sigelei should get you through the day no problem. You should always have a second option easily accessible though. At work, I always have both of my rDNA's.

I just ordered the Segelei 150 watt, will be here Monday. I am going to go with the LG HE4's, only because it will be easier to distinguish them from my 25r's I use in my rDNA's. The 25r's are a good choice for the Sigelei.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
hmmm.
Something needs to be said to clarify that.
2 batteries in series doubles the total energy capacity.
With 2 2500 mah 4 volt batteries in series, you have 2500 mah at 8 volts of energy available.

Correct :thumb:

To put it another way, two batteries in series will run 20 watts for the same length of time as two batteries in parallel. The same is true at 100 watts, but the length of time will of course be shorter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread