18650 battery length for Indulgence

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitebalance

Oct 2, 2011
Riga
Hi folks,

I've just ordered an Indulgence and 2 CR123s but I want to try the 3.7V vape on it too and wonder what kind of a 18650 battery I should get. I've watched Phil Busardo's review and he seemed to be using a flat top 18650 in it. The site I'm ordering from doesn't have these available but does have 18650s with a "nipple", so my question is will it fit in an Indulgence or will it be too long?

TIA

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Hi folks,

I've just ordered an Indulgence and 2 CR123s but I want to try the 3.7V vape on it too and wonder what kind of a 18650 battery I should get. I've watched Phil Busardo's review and he seemed to be using a flat top 18650 in it. The site I'm ordering from doesn't have these available but does have 18650s with a "nipple", so my question is will it fit in an Indulgence or will it be too long?

TIA

It will fit.

SIC08869

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2011
Orlando
thanks, I've just ordered 2 batteries :)

Just an FYI, one of the vendors has claimed that the wiring in the Indulgence mod does not support IMR High Drain batteries. This confused the hell out of me but the claim is that they come off the charger considerably stronger than a standard protected battery and that it will melt the wiring. Honestly I thought that this was a bunch of BS and surely if it was an issue it was from stacking 16340s so the other day I elected to stuff one of my 2000 mah AW IMR batteries into it. I put a 1.5 carto on it fired it up.... no response at all and in fact the button stuck like it had never done. I hit the button again, and it released. I made two more attempts, tightening the battery cap, tightening the carto and still got the odd sticking button as well had to hit it each time a second depress to get the button to release. I then took off the cap and accidentally touched the spring on the cap and it singed my skin. The spring was discolored like heated metal. So I let it cool down, stuffed the lipo protected battery that came with the kit back in and it fired perfectly. BE CAREFUL WITH THIS MOD!

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Just an FYI, one of the vendors has claimed that the wiring in the Indulgence mod does not support IMR High Drain batteries. This confused the hell out of me but the claim is that they come off the charger considerably stronger than a standard protected battery and that it will melt the wiring. Honestly I thought that this was a bunch of BS and surely if it was an issue it was from stacking 16340s so the other day I elected to stuff one of my 2000 mah AW IMR batteries into it. I put a 1.5 carto on it fired it up.... no response at all and in fact the button stuck like it had never done. I hit the button again, and it released. I made two more attempts, tightening the battery cap, tightening the carto and still got the odd sticking button as well had to hit it each time a second depress to get the button to release. I then took off the cap and accidentally touched the spring on the cap and it singed my skin. The spring was discolored like heated metal. So I let it cool down, stuffed the lipo protected battery that came with the kit back in and it fired perfectly. BE CAREFUL WITH THIS MOD!

That is interesting. I normally use my protected 18650 with mine but I have used my AW IMR batteries without any problem. I don't think I was using a 1.5 carto though so that might be the difference. I will definately keep it in mind if I put a 1.5 on it. I just tried both my Indulgence V-2 and V-3 with a 1.7 and they both worked fine with it.

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I have both the Indulgence and now a VV mod. The battery you should use is an 18650 PCB (protected cell battery).

The IMR 18650 high drain batteries are for vv mods and are not protected.

Since the Indulgence is an unregulated mod it will put out what ever battery you put in it.

Go with a 18650 PCB L-ion in your new Indulgence for 3.7 volts. And use the 2 CR123s for HV vaping.

18650 PCB's are a little longer than unprotected 18650's due to a cell enclosed on one of the ends to keep it from overcharging/discharging. And they are not IMR's. Do not use IMR's on this mod.

Just Google '18650 PCB' or buy one where you bought your Indulgence, if they sell them.

whitebalance

Oct 2, 2011
Riga
What I ordered was "2 X TR18650 PROTECTED 3.7V 2000MAH" and I expect these to arrive tomorrow. As they're protected I figure I'll be fine?
I also originally ordered "2 x ICR123A PROTECTED 3.6V 880MAH" batteries with my Indulgence and the next day the exploding mod story hit the news. Guess I won't be using these at all, at least until I get a HR carto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread