2.0 ohm dcc from MV drops to ~1.2 ohms under load?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkAynjil

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2011
El Paso
Just noticed this latest batch of pre-punched dcc's (2.0 ohm dcc) from MV drop resistance under load. Verified with a Fluke 115 dmm. Will continue updating with rest of the batch. Very interesting, I believe the coils are expanding under load, as the resistance returns to normal after sitting (cooling off?) for 5 minutes or so. Currently vaping these at ~5v on a MV vv mod box. Noticed recently after my tank got a bit warm. Checked resistance, and it read 1.0 ohm! Second carto reads around ~1.2... Curious to see if anyone else has noticed this. Very curious to see if it happens with a Boge, etc.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
My resistance drops when the carto needs filling sometimes. I had a carto the other day that was vaping fine, it was in a tank and wet but all of a sudden started tasting really burnt. I kept lowering the voltage but still burnt. I checked the ohms and it had dropped to something like .9! I threw it away!

DarkAynjil

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2011
El Paso
Hmm. My results are no different out of a tank here, either. I'll have to try a 3.0 ohm dcc and compare. Maybe the heat is too much for these coils... Although the resistance changes at any voltage, just takes longer for the same effect. Pretty sure I'm seeing the effects of coil expansion due to self-generated heat here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread