Status
Not open for further replies.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
People are going to show you all kinds of GOOD equipment. The Vamo has proven to be good for thousands of people.
Until you have a grasp of vaping gear and the does/dont's involved, you will likely keep breaking things.

Reading your post, I believe you broke both units, not the other way around.
Cross threaded the first and crushed the second while attempting to force a flush mount.

ALL 510 connections have a limit to the amount of stress they can handle. You have to learn not to exceed that level.

I would suggest checking into tank supports to lock the tank at the correct height eliminating over tightening or wobble.

Oh, almost bullet proof - Provari v2.5

gn386

Verified Member
Aug 13, 2014
Richmond VA
I will say stay away from the SVD. I owned one and only a few days later the button started to malfunction. Innokin offered to repair or replace but that was my only pv. I opted to buy the Pioneer for you IPV V2 sx350 50w box mod. no regrets now although I did ship the SVD to a Innokin, just to see if they will make good on their warranty. 2 cents

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
One more question

I was looking around early reading about peoples many problems with the way the vamo v5 pin connection and that the newly designed kangside v30 have a spring connection on the PIN. Everything else about the vamo I really did like which is why I am so disappointed ;d

has anybody ever used one of these? or possibly heard about them. I woulda provided a link but it wont let me.

as for my current vamo it no longer registers any connection with my battery in not sure where I would proceed on that

and dave I already attempted to do that for hours to no avail. Put the battery part on the top wiggled gripped pliers, stairs, tables all i managed to do every time was break off the top battery port and think i may have damaged something internally in my attempts and also ....ed up the top right button.

the pcb board shifted a bit and thats why the right button got messed up; once you do get it opened up and pull out the pcb board you'll realise there's no actual damage.

if you broke off something at the top I dunno how

djbeckett

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
DALLAS, TEXAS
dallastexas.ezhoster.com
Here's how I fixed my vamo:

I use the clone kanfun lite with the vamo v5. My wife dropped hers several times. I had a 510 to 510 adapter (ego threaded, also). That worked. On my setup, it must be poor vamo AND poor kayfun. I've seen that adapter everywhere, they are ≈$3.00. You could even use some plumbers tape (the white tape they use on threads) on the adapter to take up some thread space (I didn't need it on my loose threads).

To fix a battery connection problem: I gently pulled the circuit board pin down with needle nose pliers for 6 months. After that, I pulled the board out and wedged it with a piece of foam insulation. There are some videos for vamo dis-assembly on you tube. It's easy.

If the button on the tank side doesn't make contact: use a tiny screwdriver and work around the pin, gently prying it up. A small kitchen knife, pocket knife will work.

I've bought three vamos from fasttech.com, ≈$32.00. They all work fine.

Last edited:

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
If you can save another 50 dollars I highly recommend a Provari. They usually always have some on clearance for 130 dollars and they are well worth it. The chip they use have a different kind of regualtion and it just makes the Kayfun Lite shine!

Plus the threads are stainless steel so you don't have to worry about stripping. JMHO.

Midniteoyl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2014
Indiana
People are going to show you all kinds of GOOD equipment. The Vamo has proven to be good for thousands of people.
Until you have a grasp of Vaping gear and the does/dont's involved, you will likely keep breaking things.

Reading your post, I believe you broke both units, not the other way around.
Cross threaded the first and crushed the second while attempting to force a flush mount.

ALL 510 connections have a limit to the amount of stress they can handle. You have to learn not to exceed that level.

I would suggest checking into Tank supports to lock the tank at the correct height eliminating over tightening or wobble.

Oh, almost bullet proof - Provari v2.5

I agree.. on my VAMO, I tighten the Kayfun until just a little 'snug', no forcing, then screw the 'beauty' ring up against the Kayfun. If you force it down, you either strip the threads or crush the insulator.

Last edited:

SunshinePete

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire, England
The Vamo V5 is being heavily discounted right now, I guess it's an old model. But for under £30 and free delivery I figure you can't go wrong so I've just ordered one. Can you have too many mods? I protect all my 510 threads by applying Vaseline and by not keep screwing on/unscrewing toppers. For my PT2's I leave air control bases semi-permanently fitted to mods, ditto the base of my single (unloved) Nautilus mini. My iClear 30s toppers, which I love apart from the plastic tanks, fill from the top so only need removing to pop a fresh coil in. So far I've seen no hint of 510 thread wear.

Dejavu1800s

Nov 11, 2014
md
I've had a couple mods so far but I like the Vamo the best I got two for about $50 from mg vapes on DHgate had no problem with 1 dropped the other but fix that problem with a button top battery the other trIck I have for any vamo that won't turn on is if anyone has got the vamo v5 please spread the word.I dropped mine and all of a sudden the battery would not work.no batteries would. I thought it was completely broken and useless but it turns out there's a trick to it if you're not using a button top battery then when you open up the battery part and take the battery out look to the top there is a rubber or / cardboard or something washer where the top of the battery connects to the mod take that out put the battery back in and it might just work this completely works for mine.I also made the spring on the bottom to push the battery a little longer pulled on it a little bit, gentle. I hope this helps people who think there's is broken

djbeckett

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
DALLAS, TEXAS
dallastexas.ezhoster.com
The vamos keep taking dives out of the wifes lap.When it hits the ground it startles me with the heavy kayfun on top. Its shaped like a boomerang after the fall.

I used pliers, pinching the outside of the threaded post. The middle is pretty solid, so I walked the pliers around the top. Used calipers to check the i.d. It closed the end ≈.020.

The 510 adapter fits much tighter, it feels solid again. The poor threading won't take another hit, so I've got to be gentle.

djbeckett

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
DALLAS, TEXAS
dallastexas.ezhoster.com
Holding the + button for 3 seconds showss 9.99 Ω or no power at all?

Depressed contact pin: I've had them apart: that pin is pressed in, the postive wire soldered to the other end. A tiny screwdriver or other thin point will fix it. Gently get under it and pry up. Evenly pry up in a few spots around the circuference.

No power: the circuit board will loosen. The circuit board pin must touch the battery, and those printed board will move.up. Take the battery out, pull the battery contact pin down with any plier that will reach it (won't take much force). Flat top batteries sometimes don't make contact, use button tops if you can.

$$$$$$$$>>>FASTTECH.COM sells the V2-V6 for ≈26.00. They have the printed circuit board for ≈11.00. Look at the board, you'll better understand the guts of the vamo.

I just bought the V6 ($26.5, free shipping) from fasttech. Two weeks shipping.. Additions are a puff count, puff time and several more display option.

Several videos on how to disassemble, repair the vamo on the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread