Not open for further replies.

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
Robert (@redeyedancer )*waves and smiles*

I got "more than one" of the new woodvils, and on one of them, the lock switch isn't smooth, and seems to have a bump in the middle of it's turn. It's working fine, just curious if this needs attention/correction, or if it will work itself out eventually.

I'm asking here because at least one other Reonaut has mentioned the problem, and if it's an easy fix or a non issue, an answer here might save you a few phone calls.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I have contacted Robert about mine that is the same, hard to lock off and with almost no throw to fire so way too easy to fire accidentally... will have to be locked off to carry even in a shirt pocket.
His answer was "the mods will be different some take more pressure then others". The offer is there to send it back to be readjusted. I'll probably do that if I keep it.

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
Thanks, Spydro. If it's a non issue, I'm not sending it back just to get "adjusted". I don't lock it that often, so not really significant if it isn't going to degrade over time.

Similarly, I have one (coincidentally the same one) whose door is a bit rough sliding off and on, but I figure it will wear down over time anyway, so again, not gonna bother with sending back or sanding it down.

Neither issue is a show stopper for me, I was just curious if the switch was going to need to be replaced or redone in future, and if so, I wanted to get it done now.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Thanks, Spydro. If it's a non issue, I'm not sending it back just to get "adjusted". I don't lock it that often, so not really significant if it isn't going to degrade over time.

Similarly, I have one (coincidentally the same one) whose door is a bit rough sliding off and on, but I figure it will wear down over time anyway, so again, not gonna bother with sending back or sanding it down.

Neither issue is a show stopper for me, I was just curious if the switch was going to need to be replaced or redone in future, and if so, I wanted to get it done now.

Something comical since you bring up the door. Same one of mine had a door so loose it rattled around a lot, so I did a little piece of the cellophane tape thing to make it rattle less but still not snug. Later fell asleep in my recliner for one of my rare short naps with it laying on my shirt/chest, and when I woke up I couldn't budge the door at all until the wood "cooled down". Might get interesting with the temps here that soon enough will be touching the 120's. ;)

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Robert (@redeyedancer )*waves and smiles*

I got "more than one" of the new woodvils, and on one of them, the lock switch isn't smooth, and seems to have a bump in the middle of it's turn. It's working fine, just curious if this needs attention/correction, or if it will work itself out eventually.

I'm asking here because at least one other Reonaut has mentioned the problem, and if it's an easy fix or a non issue, an answer here might save you a few phone calls.
Once you feel the resistance your talking about you have turned it enough it wont fire . They are all different these are first run mods I am sure if I make more of these they will all be the same . I have mentioned it before if one is unhappy with any part of these mods I am happy to make any adjustment needed to make one happy with there purchase

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
I'm still waiting on the change your button video so I can see how the button is attached so I can figure out how to possable adjust the switch.

Mine has a little play and locks all the time on me. Seems a fatter switch shaft would fix thst but hope theres something else thst can be done and still keep it so I can lock it.

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
Once you feel the resistance your talking about you have turned it enough it wont fire . They are all different these are first run mods I am sure if I make more of these they will all be the same . I have mentioned it before if one is unhappy with any part of these mods I am happy to make any adjustment needed to make one happy with there purchase

Robert, I know sending it back is always an option, but I'd rather save that for something critical. Besides, I need to keep my hoople skills at maximun efficiency :) As you noted, these are a "first run", the fact that only one (intermittent) minor issue has surfaced is a testament to your design, testing and quality control.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Once you feel the resistance your talking about you have turned it enough it wont fire...

Not so on one of mine Rob, it will still fire with just a touch of the button. It take a firm pull of the button out to turn it over the "hump" before it is locked off. Appreciate the offer to readjust, but maybe a video to show us the right way to do it ourselves would suffice as well.

Last edited:

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
My button can be annoying at times. Normal pressing to fire will spin it to the off position on mine. Wish it took a deliberate move to place it in the off position. I'm not concerned enough to send it in but if I ever did I'd rather have the old button even at the expense of not being able to shut it off. I don't travel with it and I have often forgot my older Woodvils even had a on/off switch. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread