– Plus – 120RMB = US$24.00 -- for each additional 500 grams,

So this 1500gram package from EM Express
Would be ---- US$89.00 + US$24.00 + US$24.00
Total shipping of --- US$137.00

This is by my calculation from their shipping chart on the above url page ---

I hope I got it right ---------

Now –please understand this --------

it does not matter where you are

It is the shipping rates to that place set by ems express that counts – that is all

And we – Eastmall, -- has no control over that -------

I think David gets a bit better rate for volume shipping -- but not much -------

EMRocks

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
Youngstown, Ohio
Great post Di, it's interesting to see how expensive stuff is to ship internationally! For us Americans, the 1500 gram package in Di's example is only about 3.3 lbs. Which means a 3 lb package from China to Saudi Arabia would cost David about $130 to send. That same 3 lb package would cost about $60 to send to the USA. Hence the differences in MOQ per country.

The MOQ's are in place so that David can still provide some of the lowest prices in the industry, PLUS offer a low flat-rate shipping without taking a loss on the order. Once you see how expensive the shipping costs REALLY are, this starts to become a bit clearer.

FYI: MOQ in the USA is still $53 including shipping ($36 in items), for those who stated their concern that it went up from $50 to $217 in the USA.

Last edited:

dskarpus

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2009
Manhattan Upper West Side
Great post Di, it's interesting to see how expensive stuff is to ship internationally! For us Americans, the 1500 gram package in Di's example is only about 3.3 lbs. Which means a 3 lb package from China to Saudi Arabia would cost David about $130 to send. That same 3 lb package would cost about $60 to send to the USA. Hence the differences in MOQ per country.

The MOQ's are in place so that David can still provide some of the lowest prices in the industry, PLUS offer a low flat-rate shipping without taking a loss on the order. Once you see how expensive the shipping costs REALLY are, this starts to become a bit clearer.

FYI: MOQ in the USA is still $53 including shipping ($36 in items), for those who stated their concern that it went up from $50 to $217 in the USA.

US 1500 grams : RMB 240 + 75 + 75
US$ 36 + 11 + 11 =~ $58

SAUDI ARABIA : RMB 445 + 120 + 120
US$ 67 + 18 + 18=~ $103

6.65 RMB (CHINESE YUAN) = 1 US $

Last edited:

EMRocks

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
Youngstown, Ohio
US 1500 grams : RMB 240 + 75 + 75
US$ 36 + 11 + 11 =~ $58

SAUDI ARABIA : RMB 445 + 120 + 120
US$ 67 + 18 + 18=~ $103

I was going by the 5 RMB = $1 USD conversion. According to actual real-time conversion via Google though, 6.6433 RMB = $1 USD, so you would be correct.

So 1500 grams (3.31 lbs) would literally be exactly $58.71 USD to the USA, and $103.11 USD to Saudi Arabia.

RMB = Chinese Yuan, in case anyone was wondering :p

Thanks DSK :thumbs:

Last edited:

wael

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2010
Saudi Arabia
OK OK Di you win :evil: EM sure knows how to choose Associates \:

i tried other stores in china and calculated frights for my address and a US address, mine was double what was calculated for the US one, so now i hate EMS, and because you share the "EM" letters with EMS, you are guilty too :?:

at least do something about the MOQ for us ,maybe something in middle between $50-200,
there is nothing like a fast checkout, sending e-mails and waiting for shipping quotes aint fun.

EMRocks

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
Youngstown, Ohio
OK OK Di you win :evil: EM sure knows how to choose Associates \:

i tried other stores in china and calculated frights for my address and a US address, mine was double what was calculated for the US one, so now i hate EMS, and because you share the "EM" letters with EMS, you are guilty too :?:

at least do something about the MOQ for us ,maybe something in middle between $50-200,
there is nothing like a fast checkout, sending e-mails and waiting for shipping quotes aint fun.

I agree with you though that it is odd that EMS charges almost double the shipping rates to another place that's also in Asia. Half price for double the distance is... weird to say the least. Unfortunately as you know we can't control their prices :(

dskarpus

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2009
Manhattan Upper West Side
I was going by the 5 RMB = $1 USD conversion. According to actual real-time conversion via Google though, 6.6433 RMB = $1 USD, so you would be correct.

So 1500 grams (3.31 lbs) would literally be exactly $58.71 USD to the USA, and $103.11 USD to Saudi Arabia.

RMB = Chinese Yuan, in case anyone was wondering :p

Thanks DSK :thumbs:

You lose points again. "exactly now" would be more correct. RMB floats. Up to a couple of years ago 8.+ was the exchange rate. With the $ weakening, even in the last few months the $ has lost several percent in value.

How David deals with this is too much for me to think about.

EMRocks

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
Youngstown, Ohio
You lose points again. "exactly now" would be more correct. RMB floats. Up to a couple of years ago 8.+ was the exchange rate. With the $ weakening, even in the last few months the $ has lost several percent in value.

How David deals with this is too much for me to think about.

I have no clue, but I certainly know it must not be an easy job for him. He'd literally have to keep track of the current currency values for just about everywhere in the world, being an international company. This alone would be enough to give anyone a headache.

And yeah, the dollar loses value almost daily. It's sad...

wael

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2010
Saudi Arabia
Ok I give up

this is not my department

please contact david about this issue or selina.

I am sorry I can do nothing here ------

Never%20Give%20Up.jpg

EMRocks

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
Youngstown, Ohio
@Esig - why would you post this here? This is a forum for EM customers, not directing customers to other websites. If you do not wish to be an EM customer, that is perfectly fine, we can't please everyone, but please refrain from posting negativity and advertisements on our forum. Requesting moderation on the above post, and please lock this thread. The OP's issue has been resolved, so no reason to leave it for necromancing.

PS - buying and selling ecigs and nicotine/tobacco products is illegal and against the TOS on the website in question, so be careful you don't get yourself in trouble.

Last edited:

BartS

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
/\/¯¯¯¯\/\/ South Africa
Ecig, I totally agree with EMRocks.

If you cannot give any positive criticism, and just want to moan and grown, keep it to yourself, and please do not advertise other vendors on this Forum. (That is basic forum etiquette).
:rules:
I buy from EM regularly, and I me very happy with their products and service. If you do a little bit of planning, you can manage the shipping issue also. :blink:

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

no0b

Sep 6, 2010
Romania
Just my 2c. I'm from Romania and for me 17$ shipping seems a lot for what I usually buy. But there is a workaround for that. I always get a few friends to order with me, so if we are 3-4 people the shipping is less per person. Together with my friends I usually place orders for $400-500 and divide the shipping costs and paypal transfer costs as well. That way we don't have to worry about any MOQ or whine about shipping.
Come on people, Eastmall is doing everything they can for us and people still cry about the MOQ or shipping costs.
Just get on a group ...erm...order (nearly typed something else xD ) and everything will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread