24 hours with my new KR808D-1 and I LOVE IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookiebun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Central Ohio
My kit arrived yesterday and yes I did stalk the mail man.
I took one hit and told my husband "this is SO MUCH better than cigarettes"
Couple questions:
is it normal to have to draw really hard to get a hit off this thing? It's like sucking up a thick milk shake with a straw. The videos I've seen seem more like they're puffing on an analog.
Is it the prefilled carts or the low nicotine I ordered? V4L sent me a selection of WOW and Cool Carts.
I love it but I need a bit more vapor and TH.
I've already ordered some stronger juice. Is it PG or VG you add to the juice to get more vapor?

I can walk around work all day with this in my pocket and vape without having to stop working.
No more smoke breaks (which aren't allowed anyway)!
This is fantastic:thumb:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
depends on the size of the battery. And for more vapor you need highter vg. Bigger throat hit= pg. Let start with the size of battery. Kr808d's have about 180 mah. Not as powerful as an eGo 650(mah) or 900(mah). I tried these when I first started but knew I need something more like a real 'hit'. I have moved to higher batteries and mods but did it slowly.
Great to be able to vape when and where you want.
:)
sas
ps. Is it auto or manual?

Last edited:

toddos

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Washington
Did you get a manual or automatic battery? Automatics require a "primer" puff to get going. Manuals are easier to work with once you get used to the button (which shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to become second nature). Also, try taking slower, longer drags rather than short, hard drags like you would on a cigarette.

VG gives more vapor, PG gives more TH and flavor. More nicotine also gives more TH so you might consider bumping up your nic level. I tried starting at 12mg and quickly found I needed to bump up to 24mg to feel satisfied. I've since dropped down to 18mg. I wouldn't recommend mixing your own PG or VG into your carts because you'll dilute the nicotine level. Instead, order some blank cartomizers from V4L and get some juice samples in various PG/VG mixtures and nicotine levels from different sources (check the suppliers forums for good vendors).

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Mah is how long it lasts not how strong.808s are 3.7v which is stronger than an ego or riva,they run 3.2v.It could be the lower nic,I started at 24mg to get the TH and nic I needed.
You can ask questions in the V4L sub forum.

thanks keyzygirl. I knew that .......guess I was having a brainfart......definetly did have a bad day.
sas

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
press in first
then 1/2 to 1.5 second later start dragging (1.5 if the carto is cold, less if not - you don't have to drag hard)
then about 1+ second before the end of your drag you can let up on the button
as you finish your drag

When your vapor gets light or a bit dry, try tilting the ecig carto down for 5 seconds. If that doesn't fix it add some liquid (remove from battery first)

More VG in a juice makes more vapor and dulls TH and flavor

At V4L I think I prefer the Coolcart blanks but I prefer the WOW juices (even though they seem to have less VG than I prefer - I feel they may be 80/20). I also bought some of the Premium KR808D-1 standard resistance blanks at LiteCigUSA.net (they are soft-caps). And nHaler.com has some variety of blanks. Try the Boge standard resistance - the 510 version of those makes lots of vapor for me with 70pg/30vg juice. Avoid LR (low resistance) cartos - they are for fat battery models whose electronics can handle the extra power draw.

Last edited:

Full-Otto

Feb 19, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Congrats on the new toy, cookiebun. I have had my 808 setup for a few weeks now. I am finding the 50/50 PG to VG mix of juice gives me good vapor with decent TH at the higher (24mg) nic level. Lower nic content really does knock TH down, especially with the sweeter flavors.

I quickly got tired of reduced production on the slim stock batteries after the first dozen or so hits, so I got a cigeasy Elegant 750mah fat battery. Yeah, it's fat, but shorter than the standard batts. The PigCig is another choice if you want to stay with the 808 family. I can carry a spare elegant battery and 10 cartomizers in an altoids tin and I'm good to go all day and all night.

Cheers!

Otto

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Oh - 2 more things if you get a carto with a harder draw than others (assuming it's a fairly new carto, because performance does go down after days of use)

1. You can try adding juice

2. make sure you can see light through the carto. if you cannot or barely can then the center air channel may be crooked. See this video for an example of straightening the air channel
YouTube - How-to guide to refilling KR808D-1 or Vapor King cartomizers

3. You can try raising the carto center post very slightly - this video is for a carto that isn't connecting well or at all but the carto side fix can also help sometimes if if airflow is low because the carto and battery are fitting too tightly
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...batteries-tutorial-post-adjustment-video.html

Full-Otto

Feb 19, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Thanks for the replies.
Dormouse: I have been finding all the discussion about battery resistance pretty confusing, thanks for the info.
Fullotto: You got any links for that stuff?

Here is the link to the Elegant Easy: THE ELEGANT EASY

I haven't played around with different resistance cartomizers yet. Still using my original V2 and the blank Gold Label cartos that came with the elegant. The Gold Labels are just a hair longer than the standard cartos from V2, and seem to hold a bit more, but I did not notice any difference in vaping them. Once I start to burn through my carto inventory, I'll look at upgrading and trying different resistances.

As far as juice goes, I noticed that many folks here love Freedom Smoke USA, so I gave them a shot. I have 7 different flavors from them, all 50PG/50VG, and all are good. Fireball, Espresso, and cocoa chaos are the current faves. You won't know what the heck you will like till you try it. They have 3ml samplers at 50/50 pretty cheap. Order small quantities and some small empty bottles. You may combine 2 so-so flavors and find something you really like. It helps that there are now 5 of us in my circle of friends and family vaping, all of us noobs, so we all order something different and see what works. Both the Cigeasy and FSUSA folks ship fast and provide great service.

Link for FSUSA: FreedomSmokeUSA

Enjoy!

Otto

dinky

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
PENNSYLVANIA
ive got the 808s too.... i thought they were a tough drag as well. i ordered some drip tips from nhaler..... im not dripping but the bigger hole in the drip tip seems to of made it an easier draw. the little rubber plugs have a tiny hole. im getting more vape and more fo a hit this way. and sorry guys.... i know we have a bunch of riva and 510 users around here but their batteries dont last as long.... gotta charge more than i do my 808.

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
ive got the 808s too.... i thought they were a tough drag as well. i ordered some drip tips from nhaler..... im not dripping but the bigger hole in the drip tip seems to of made it an easier draw. the little rubber plugs have a tiny hole. im getting more vape and more fo a hit this way. and sorry guys.... i know we have a bunch of riva and 510 users around here but their batteries dont last as long.... gotta charge more than i do my 808.

To be clear, the Riva batteries do last longer than the standard 808 batteries (or 808XL too) because they are 750mah. But yes, standard 510 battery lasts about an hour less than the standard 808 battery.

xg4bx

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2010
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
Good call on the 808, I've been at this for 6 months or so and my stock smoketip 808 is still my go-to.

I would 2nd the suggestion of a drip tip. The bigger hole does seem like it provides a stronger,fuller hit and better vapor. Plus it makes topping off a cinch instead of having to paperclip the little rubber nubbins out each time.

toddos

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Washington
As far as juice goes, I noticed that many folks here love Freedom Smoke USA, so I gave them a shot. I have 7 different flavors from them, all 50PG/50VG, and all are good. Fireball, Espresso, and cocoa chaos are the current faves. You won't know what the heck you will like till you try it. They have 3ml samplers at 50/50 pretty cheap. Order small quantities and some small empty bottles. You may combine 2 so-so flavors and find something you really like. It helps that there are now 5 of us in my circle of friends and family vaping, all of us noobs, so we all order something different and see what works. Both the Cigeasy and FSUSA folks ship fast and provide great service.

Link for FSUSA: FreedomSmokeUSA

Enjoy!

Otto

I'm a big fan of FSUSA's juice, but I'd highly recommend buying 5mL bottles of non-sampler juice rather than the 3mL samplers. The main reason is that all samplers are 24mg nic without the ability to customize. I use 18mg and find 24mg is just a bit too much for me these days so I don't buy samplers (though I do enjoy the free samples FSUSA sends along with your order). Also, having 5mL of a juice you really like is useful. At least for me, it can take a little while before I decide if I like a juice or not. If I vape up 2mL before deciding I like the juice, a 3mL sampler doesn't leave much leeway for ordering more before running out.

But their 3mL bottles do fit perfectly in my REO mini, so once I finish a sampler (or if I get one I don't like), I clean out the bottle and have backups for the REO. :)

toddos

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Washington
I really like my 808 from SmokeTip. I ordered some black cartos and drip tips from MadVape this morning along with 510 > 808 adapters so I can run 808 cartos on my eGo batteries. 1000mah FTW. Vape for 2 days without charging those things...

Just be aware that eGo batteries run cooler than kr8 batteries. 3.2V vs. 3.7V doesn't sound like much, but I've found it can be the difference between liking a juice and not.

GitMoe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Illy Philly
Just be aware that eGo batteries run cooler than kr8 batteries. 3.2V vs. 3.7V doesn't sound like much, but I've found it can be the difference between liking a juice and not.

Yeah good heads up. I was aware of the difference and the possible effects. I figured I would give it a go. Decided if I don't like the setup I'll make a 3.7V mod for myself. I'm quite handy with a soldering iron and epoxy. Could give me the perfect excuse to give it a shot... lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread