Not open for further replies.

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
Good job Scott! How does the GP hold up when handling the parts that are GP? Any wearing/fading? Plating will take on the characteristics of the surface it's plated on. If you want a bright shine, the parts will need to be polished before it's plated. :) I think your work came out nice.

hi mate,

its a bit too early to say how the finish is holding up as i only done it yesterday.......but so far, so good, lol :D

i think the Bulli will hold up pretty well as it doesnt really get touched that much once its on the device......but id imagine that the gold plate on the Provari will probably not be the most durable finish.

the seller stated in the description that the gold in my kit has been "cobalt hardened" for a more tougher finish.......but whether thats just a sales pitch im not sure, lol

can i ask how much you paid to have your GGTS and UFS done? if you would rather not say then i will fully understand though :)

it must have been a tough job to do seeing as gold plating aluminium seems to be a pretty difficult process. one thing im really puzzled about though is how they plated the mouthpiece as you can only gold plate something that has a conductive surface........or did you have a metal mouthpiece already? (i thought the UFS only came with a plastic mouthpiece?)

i know you can cover non conductive items in silver paint and then gold plate it, but the silver paint is way more expensive to purchase than the gold! lol

cheers

scott

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
hi mate,

i didnt do anything to the lettering......i just went straight over it, lol

im not sure why it doesnt get affected though, but id seen similar lettering on items being gold plated on youtube which remained unaffected so just assumed it would be okay to go straight over it with the chemicals and electrode

cheers

scott

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
received my Bulli Mega upgrade kit to take the type B tanks today, so thought i would give it a gold plate too:-

BulliMega3.jpg

BulliMega2.jpg

and here are a few more nice shots of e-cig stuff that has received the midas touch:-

ProvariGold.jpg

ProvariGold3.jpg

Driptip.jpg

Cheers,

Scott

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
Nice job mate!

The caps on the Chrome Provari look great too.:thumbs:
Better than the matte Provari...

How the heck did you get the upgrade so fast?

I'm still waiting on my A2-T order from 8/30.

I call foul & favoritism! :evil: :laugh:

hi mate,

it was only the upgrade kit that i ordered which basically consists of just the cone.......i ordered it on the day it came out and at that time i think they had a load already made, so it was just a case of waiting for delivery rather than waiting for it to be made 1st and then delivered ;)

hope your Bulli arrives soon! :D

cheers

scott

Bonehead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2011
Califonia
hi mate,

its a bit too early to say how the finish is holding up as i only done it yesterday.......but so far, so good, lol :D

i think the Bulli will hold up pretty well as it doesnt really get touched that much once its on the device......but id imagine that the gold plate on the Provari will probably not be the most durable finish.

the seller stated in the description that the gold in my kit has been "cobalt hardened" for a more tougher finish.......but whether thats just a sales pitch im not sure, lol

can i ask how much you paid to have your GGTS and UFS done? if you would rather not say then i will fully understand though :)

it must have been a tough job to do seeing as gold plating aluminium seems to be a pretty difficult process. one thing im really puzzled about though is how they plated the mouthpiece as you can only gold plate something that has a conductive surface........or did you have a metal mouthpiece already? (i thought the UFS only came with a plastic mouthpiece?)

i know you can cover non conductive items in silver paint and then gold plate it, but the silver paint is way more expensive to purchase than the gold! lol

cheers

scott

The UFS is SS and so is the mouth piece. For price it is a pretty penny, but it is not as bad as I thought. I am going to have other GG products plated in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread