2nd day user, M401 experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

BryFromKC

Oct 31, 2009
This site is very helpfull as I used the site to research e-ciggs and make my decision to purchase a M401. This is my second day and my regular "analog" intake is down, but I'm sitting here drinking coffee and it's tough not to pick one up. You guy's and gal's helped me make this move so I feel the need to post my progress. So far getting past the juice in my mouth, amount of vapor and all the typical issues I have read. Will start asking questions as I get more involved. Thanks for the site.

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
Well I hate to be the bringer of bad news. But my experience is that the M401 hit is not very powerful after a while compared to other ecigs. The inner cart holding the filler/juice is very thin in order to give the great look of a real cigarette. So the punch drops off very quickly.

The JOYE 510 produces a very powerful hit. This thing knocks my socks off compared to an analog. It just looks like a cigar, at least when used with the new megabattery.

However, you chose an ecig that looks a lot like a real cig, so I'll assume this is your preference. When it comes to an ecig that gives a great, long lasting throat hit and looks a lot like a real cigarette, that would be the Npro/RN4081.

For more of my experience and observations, look here:

My ECF Extension Blog Archive ::Considerations for choosing an ecig

HTH,
Dave

Raenon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Tomorrow will mark 4 weeks for me, using an m402 (401 with a shorter battery), thanks to the recommendations on this forum as well.
Glad to find another kindred spirit loving their m4xx, so many 510 fanboys around here ;)

Btw- juice in the mouth, get a syringe for refilling, and don't forget to use a paperclip (or even the syringe tip) to push up the inner cartridge from the mouth piece. Far, far easier to see how full it is, and when you put it back on the atty, it'll be at exactly the right height to make contact with the bridge :D

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
My 510s sit idle most of the time due to poor battery life, lack of flavor and leaky carts - they suck in my opinion vs the M40x series.

Most of my 510 megabatteries sit idle...in my pocket as spares :) I normally never use them because one megabatt lasts most of the day. My shirt pocket hasn't stained in over 5 months of vaping the 510, so I guess the carts don't leak. Flavor from a 510 may be enhanced using PTB's, though dryer vapor is generally better for tobacco flavors.

If you wish to be helpful, you might want to keep up with 510 technology and techniques. Out-of-date information is worse than no information at all.

Dave

Luv2CUSmile

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
NC
Quoted>> ["If you wish to be helpful, you might want to keep up with 510 technology and techniques. Out-of-date information is worse than no information at all. Dave" ]

There is a thread w/ comparisons of preference to 510 vs 401 for all who have and used both... Your post may be better set there...
This is a new vaper and he needs support right now... Not the fact that you feel he chose the wrong PV as his first... My first is the 401 and I love it- I just ordered another and my husband prefers my 401... To each his own...

>>> For the OP- Good to hear you have found e-cigs... and that you found this forum... If you have questions or need help w/ anything drop on the boards! Loads of info here, yes, even other models to read up on- & you may feel later you want to try others... many people do for a variety of reasons- As yknot mentioned, don't hate yourself for needing an analog from time to time... this is a way to decrease your intake of analogs, maybe get off them completely, maybe even decrease your nicotine intake!
I still have a few analogs a day- I have been vaping for a month and prior to smoked a pack and a half or so a day- now I am maybe 6 analogs a day... I still feel accomplished! Good Luck! Keep on the boards here- Great info and help!

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
Quoted>> ["If you wish to be helpful, you might want to keep up with 510 technology and techniques. Out-of-date information is worse than no information at all. Dave" ]

There is a thread w/ comparisons of preference to 510 vs 401 for all who have and used both... Your post may be better set there...
This is a new vaper and he needs support right now... Not the fact that you feel he chose the wrong PV as his first... My first is the 401 and I love it- I just ordered another and my husband prefers my 401... To each his own...

>>> For the OP- Good to hear you have found e-cigs... and that you found this forum... If you have questions or need help w/ anything drop on the boards! Loads of info here, yes, even other models to read up on- & you may feel later you want to try others... many people do for a variety of reasons- As yknot mentioned, don't hate yourself for needing an analog from time to time... this is a way to decrease your intake of analogs, maybe get off them completely, maybe even decrease your nicotine intake!
I still have a few analogs a day- I have been vaping for a month and prior to smoked a pack and a half or so a day- now I am maybe 6 analogs a day... I still feel accomplished! Good Luck! Keep on the boards here- Great info and help!

He is trying to quit smoking and failing. I never required an analog from time to time. Just may have something to do with the ecig, do ya think?

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH

Please share your own experience, not someone else's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread