2nd Day with Omega . having trigger issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

leftyrev

Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
North Bergen , NJ
well i got the omega i was surprised with the size its smaller than i thought .but that not the issue for me i feel i really have to pull hard on head to get it to make contact to fire . i do have a flat head battery, im using AW protected 18650. ive read about using magnetic spacers but . i have the latest version of the omega , i checked the pin and when i press down on head it just barely goes past the black plastic washer, is this normal? i feel using the omega my hand gets tired or cramped from having to squeeze down hard enough to work . is there a softer sping available ? or can i tighten the inner nut to make it smaller pull ? .

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
well i got the omega i was surprised with the size its smaller than i thought .but that not the issue for me i feel i really have to pull hard on head to get it to make contact to fire . i do have a flat head battery, im using AW protected 18650. ive read about using magnetic spacers but . i have the latest version of the omega , i checked the pin and when i press down on head it just barely goes past the black plastic washer, is this normal? i feel using the omega my hand gets tired or cramped from having to squeeze down hard enough to work . is there a softer sping available ? or can i tighten the inner nut to make it smaller pull ? .
The Omega is timed for .025in throw, this leaves you with about .020in in "squish". The spacers were recommended if the flat top battery has a depressed top(dented). I find it best to use a pinching action to depress the Omega switch, using your thumb and pointer finger.

cddz

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
by the way i have big hands if your wondering , and strength is not an issue , i actually wonder how some women with smaller hands use this .

I notice some folks also try to push further than required, you need only make contact with battery. If you push it past that point you are adding 4lbs of force to get past the activation point.

rocks82

Supplier Associate
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Columbus
www.altsmoke.com
I actually don't find that I need a whole lot of effort to active my Omega. Typically, i just rest the pad of my thumb on the edge of it and push down just enough to trigger it and am good to go! I don't see my pin pushing much more past the black washer either, but it still activates fine.

Are you trying to push it completely closed? Or just enough to activate? It's possible this could be the issue because it does seem to take a lot more effort if i try to pull the top down hard enough to close the gap.

Illuminatu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2011
Nomad
To be honest, I have the same issue with a recent Omega v1.1, it fires but it needs to be pressed so hard it takes the fun out of using it, couple that with the fact that there's no catch cup and I'm suddenly tempted to send it to the classies. And don't get me wrong, its a solid mod, nice craftsmanship and etc. But having to press so hard on the top switch is just a deal breaker for me, I tried different batteries with or without nipples and nothing helped. So i don't know if its a design flaw, or badluck and my unit is not perfect or ..... But if anyone can chime in with suggestion I'd be happy to try them.

If i can't figure a way and my hands are just too lazy, well this almost new and unused Omega will find a new owner :)

cddz

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
I never did understand how some think it is hard to depress the tops :(
Each unit is tested by me, I use flat top batteries. I make sure that the unit activates at 50% throw with squish room. It is important that you seat the atomizer fully to get the activation to be timed correctly. Tanks make this hard to acomplish, I have also noticed with all tanks there seems to be a 1 second delay in fire, not sure why this happens. If you find yourself having to spin the top to get it to activate, it is time to clean the pin with some alcohol . Also a good time to clean the top of the battery.

leftyrev

Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
North Bergen , NJ
i use a different tank thats only as wide as the inner ring on the top i also use clearomisers , cartomisers . they all work the same . there is no doubt that i have to squeeze it all the way down , inspecting the pin while holding it down i try to feel with my finger nail how far it goes past the black plastic ring . and its barely enough to make contact . thats why somtimes pressing down i would have to wiggle it a bit so it does make a good contact . and then holding tight to get enough of a drag , it cramps my hand . and as far as cleaning pin goes ive had it for two days i was kinda hoping somone would say it will break in and become easier

Illuminatu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2011
Nomad
Oh

I'd like to add that I do not use tanks, I use it as a dripping mod.

And Cddz, I'm not dissing your product in any way! I have small hands and if i compare the Omega top switch with my Prodigy V3 bottom switch, I just find it more "comfortable" to press from the bottom I guess. but like I said, this is a solid mod, the craftsmanship and quality are not issue here as much as me being lazy/having small hands. Maybee i should have waited for a SB but im a mechanical switch person!!!!

cddz

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
Oh

I'd like to add that I do not use tanks, I use it as a dripping mod.

And Cddz, I'm not dissing your product in any way! I have small hands and if i compare the Omega top switch with my Prodigy V3 bottom switch, I just find it more "comfortable" to press from the bottom I guess. but like I said, this is a solid mod, the craftsmanship and quality are not issue here as much as me being lazy/having small hands. Maybee i should have waited for a SB but im a mechanical switch person!!!!
Did not think you were dissing it :p.
Out of all the bottom switches the V3 is my favorite and easiest to activate :)

cddz

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
i use a different tank thats only as wide as the inner ring on the top i also use clearomisers , cartomisers . they all work the same . there is no doubt that i have to squeeze it all the way down , inspecting the pin while holding it down i try to feel with my finger nail how far it goes past the black plastic ring . and its barely enough to make contact . thats why somtimes pressing down i would have to wiggle it a bit so it does make a good contact . and then holding tight to get enough of a drag , it cramps my hand . and as far as cleaning pin goes ive had it for two days i was kinda hoping somone would say it will break in and become easier

What color Omega did you purchase?

leftyrev

Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
North Bergen , NJ
well i got home this morning and i did some more testing your right it is better withthout the tank . . just out of curiosity is it possible to buy a spare bolt

EDit : it is better mut still seems it doesnt fire everytime without a wiggle

I never did understand how some think it is hard to depress the tops :(
Each unit is tested by me, I use flat top batteries. I make sure that the unit activates at 50% throw with squish room. It is important that you seat the atomizer fully to get the activation to be timed correctly. Tanks make this hard to acomplish, I have also noticed with all tanks there seems to be a 1 second delay in fire, not sure why this happens. If you find yourself having to spin the top to get it to activate, it is time to clean the pin with some alcohol . Also a good time to clean the top of the battery.

Last edited:

leftyrev

Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
North Bergen , NJ
i also did some adjustents to the bolt and spring . tightening the bolt for smaller throw, and cutting a bottom coil off spring and stretching it seems to have helped . also the bolt has a lock washer that had a sharp bur sticking out with caused it to snag and not rotate and made the action rough so i filed that down too

cddz

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
i also did some adjustents to the bolt and spring . tightening the bolt for smaller throw, and cutting a bottom coil off spring and stretching it seems to have helped . also the bolt has a lock washer that had a sharp bur sticking out with caused it to snag and not rotate and made the action rough so i filed that down too

Glad to hear you got it working how you wanted. Sorry for missing the bur. I have always pooled solder on the top of the flat tops for better contact :p(not recommending)

leftyrev

Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
North Bergen , NJ
no biggie about the Bur , its just the way it is with handmade mechanical device somtimes you have to adjust things a bit .
can i recommend that maybe you can offer different strength springs . and thanks for not recomending solder :p

Glad to hear you got it working how you wanted. Sorry for missing the bur. I have always pooled solder on the top of the flat tops for better contact :p(not recommending)

leftyrev

Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
North Bergen , NJ
leftyrev-albums-my-pics-picture77669-2012-02-07-09-45-27-467.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread