Status
Not open for further replies.

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
Bruce has replacement parts for the MAP tanks, mine leaked when I first got it. He sent me a new clear tube and 2 o-rings (it was the o rings that were leaking). The cartomizer it uses is a cut CE2R4 that anyone can do with a $3 pipe cutter, or he sells them pre-cut if you want. I was actually suprised how thick the tank is, about 3x thicker then those cheesy clearomizers.

I am pretty happy with the tank construction. It is also nice to be able to carry that much inventory on board and see how much is left. I just don't see the spare parts on his site. No issues though if you followed the thread, since it is pretty easy to gut a CE-2 for the needed parts.

Sassyonemeis

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Albany NY
Well I have every intention of sticking with this map tank! I am loving it! I cant believe I love it more than my eGo-T, but I do. I have ordered some ce2 XL carto's, I just need to go to Lowes or whereever and pick me up a pipe cutter and then wait (hopefully for a looooong time) for it to die. Then comes my first adventure into modding. woooohoooo

I'd like to get a few more map tanks in my inventory, and then maybe get an Infinity. So between these and my eGo-T's, I'm set :vapor:

Sassyonemeis

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Albany NY
I havent tried any cartos so the only thing I can compare this map tank to is my original 510 and my eGo stuff. I disliked the fluval stuffing/blue foam crap, what a pain, and topping off carts all the time (cuz I'ma chain vaper). All that stuffing does taint the flavors, I know this now. I couldnt believe my juice tasted so much better on the eGo-Tank and even better still on this map tank. I'm a little confused as how it could taste weird or crummy when essentially, the ce2 cartos are very like these map tanks, only smaller. Have you received your map tank yet and tried it? I'm curious to see if you feel differently about it in the map setup rather that its native form.

I tried all the CE-2's (along with various revisions) and they just never did anything for me. I bought around 50 and they all had either a weird taste or crummy draw. They are also a PITA to fill and I just got hooked on the Boge LR 2.0 ohm cartos and the Iken V2 gold drip cartos. IMO they are far better and easier to use than the CE2's. I decided to give the MAP tank a try after so many members have raved about it. So now I believe we finally have a CE-2 set up that is acceptable and the stock I have can be used for parts for the tank MOD. I know there are many out there that like the CE-2's but maybe I was just expecting more than I ever got from that technology. I do feel the MAP brings the CE-2 to a much better level of performance. Vape on Sassyonemeis

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
I havent tried any cartos so the only thing I can compare this map tank to is my original 510 and my eGo stuff. I disliked the fluval stuffing/blue foam crap, what a pain, and topping off carts all the time (cuz I'ma chain vaper). All that stuffing does taint the flavors, I know this now. I couldnt believe my juice tasted so much better on the eGo-Tank and even better still on this map tank. I'm a little confused as how it could taste weird or crummy when essentially, the ce2 cartos are very like these map tanks, only smaller. Have you received your map tank yet and tried it? I'm curious to see if you feel differently about it in the map setup rather that its native form.

Yes Sassy that is what I am saying. IMO the native CE-2's never performed well and where a general PITA. The MAP on the otherhand performs nicely and I am enjoying mine fully. I am also happy that I will have a use for the inventory of CE-2's that I was never going to use and will havest them for parts when the MAP needs new guts. The issue with the CE-2's is that the build kept changing. Some had glue on the inner caps, many leaked, some had shrink tubing down the metal tube all seemed to have a weird taste to me so I gave up. Now with the MAP I believe we finally have an accetable use for CE-2 technology. I do like mine and will most likely add another to my gear box. The flavor and vapor is good and I like that you are able to have a visual indication of how much juice is in there. Plus it looks super cool on my ProVari

Sassyonemeis

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Albany NY
Got a pic of it on your provari? I'd like to see what it looks like (yep.. you successfully planted that seed!)

Yes Sassy that is what I am saying. IMO the native CE-2's never performed well and where a general PITA. The MAP on the otherhand performs nicely and I am enjoying mine fully. I am also happy that I will have a use for the inventory of CE-2's that I was never going to use and will havest them for parts when the MAP needs new guts. The issue with the CE-2's is that the build kept changing. Some had glue on the inner caps, many leaked, some had shrink tubing down the metal tube all seemed to have a weird taste to me so I gave up. Now with the MAP I believe we finally have an accetable use for CE-2 technology. I do like mine and will most likely add another to my gear box. The flavor and vapor is good and I like that you are able to have a visual indication of how much juice is in there. Plus it looks super cool on my ProVari

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
Got a pic of it on your provari? I'd like to see what it looks like (yep.. you successfully planted that seed!)

Sassy - snapped with integrated web cam on a Dell laptop so sort of low resolution but at least you can get an idea.

MAP2.jpg MAP3.jpg

Sassyonemeis

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Albany NY
oooooooooooo now that does look cool!! About the same diameter...sighsssss... choices choices! At least I dont have to make a decision right this moment LOL Thanks for the pics :)

Sassy - snapped with integrated web cam on a Dell laptop so sort of low resolution but at least you can get an idea.

View attachment 30792 View attachment 30793

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
Thanks Bamrz at least I know I am not looisng it as bad as I thought. Probably just out of stock and using what they have to build Tanks since it looks like they fly out the door as soon as they get them. Worst case I can cut up one of the Mega CE-2's that I have just sitting around and collecting dust if I need to

They are back on the site! Still out of stock, though.

Apparently there is currently some updating of the website going on, that's why things have been a bit wonky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread