3.5ml Smoktech DCT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samie

Apr 16, 2010
OR, USA
Hey all!!

I got in my DCTs from litecigusa.net and all I get from the first one is burning taste!! I expected it might be bad the first couple of puffs to prime but this almost made me sick!! I'm very happy!!! Is this just the carto? Is there something I can do about it?

I have an extra tank and cartos, but i'm flat out scared to try them now!! I'm 24 hours off of analogs and that one almost sent me running right back!!

Thanks
Sam

kenetix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2009
Illinois
You have to really get that carto soaked with juice. If you don't then you are just burning the filler material (the white cotton looking stuff in there). The 2nd problem is the hole is to small in many vapers opinions.

Good information here on slotting a carto.
pbusardo's Channel - YouTube

tank information.
pbusardo's Channel - YouTube

I personally have the smoketech tank and put boge cartos in after cutting my tank smaller and it vapes like a champ slotting as he did.

Sgt. Pepper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011
As kenetix said you need to fill the carto before placing in the tank about 20-25 drops. With my 50pg/50vg juice, it takes me about 20 minutes to fill the carto and then I let it sit for 1 hour before using it in the tank. With my 80pg/20vg juice, it takes me about 10 minutes to fill the carto and them i let it sit for 1/2 hour. I personally wouldn't use anything above 50% vg, but there is anecdotal evidence that higher vg content will work.ymmv.

The carto wicking with 50/50 juice has worked as well for me as the 80pg/20vg without adjusting the size of the hole in the carto, and i have read many success stories with the same results. Having pre-punched holes was the biggest reason I was attracted to this system, and I've stayed with it because of how well it works and the hit and vapor these carto's produce.

The biggest problem people are having with these is that they are not properly prepping the carto before initial use.

cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread