3.7 box mod, double atty/parallel bats

Status
Not open for further replies.

jadels215

Aug 6, 2011
jersey
I used the search function, found some threads but figured id ask before ordering anything

I have a regular 3.7v box mod, simple variation of the nicostick
now my first question is, how would I go about running two 14500's so i can still get 3.7v?
can i just make a new box mod, and simply run 2 14500s without any resistors and still get 3.7v?

second question is, ive been working on a dual atty box mod
i saw a thread on someone using the 10440 batteries and ended up frying them on a dual atty mod

would i be able to just build a box mod similarly to the nicostick, but with dual attys and still run a single 14500?
how would i go about this?
sorry if this has been answered before but i couldnt find anything

if someone can answer/point me in the right direction, itd be much appreciated?

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
Not sure if this is what you're asking but if you parallel 2 batts i.e. the 2 positives are connected to one wire and the 2 negatives are connected together to another wire the voltage will be 3.7v (or the voltage of just one batt) but the current output of each batt is added together (you are essentially creating a bus bar). When you series batts or put the positive of one batt to the negative of the other the voltage adds (7.4v) but seeing as you only have one path for the current to flow you're limited to what one batt can supply (which can be a dangerous amount if you screw up and dead short them in either parallel or series)...before you start tinkering too much there are some great websites that explain basic "ohms law" and "parallel/series resistance circuits" that you should muse over, it's essential knowledge if you're gonna start modding like that (and will probably save you from cooking some expensive batts and attys)...there are some good, helpful people on this forum so read/ask/read/ask...best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread