3 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

WOW

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
CA
...just three today.

1) Some of cartos, including some CoolCarts, get too hot to vape with. I actually burnt my lip on one, which happens to hurt alot :?:. The same ones using the hard caps, don't get as hot but, I don't know for sure if it's actually the cap or the battery causing the difference. Anyone know what could be causing this? (using manual battery)

2) When I use my PT(also manual), I'm keeping it plugged in for approx 10 minutes at a time. I sometimes get distracted and it's plugged in for not longer than 15 min.. My 1st one broke and was working on my computer, but not my car then died with just my computer so, being extra cautious w/ the replacement - like I'm nervous using it more than once/day. :shock:

Reading about some of the hardware issues some members are having, to verify the safe side, how long MAX have you safely left your PT plugged in and how long in-between uses have you left your PT unplugged?

3) Does V4L have a wall charger w/a USB port? I'm missing it somewhere at their website if they do :blink: and feel like turning my computer to sit the other way cause the back is slightly hard to reach + tired of starting the whole thing up just to use the PT. :ohmy:

TIA

Last edited:

Darrigaaz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
New Mexico, USA
Make sure the squiggly wire thingymabob is in the middle of the carto, but sounds like you just got an angry carto. No amount of therapy has been able to help them.

I leave my auto PT plugged into my computer 24/7 since I got it in December. I'm really nice to it and make sure I give it a bath once in a while and feed it yummy juices to keep it happy!

I'll be sending happy wishes your way so you can find the wall charger with USB!

Sallyem

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
California
l. It really helps the "hot cart" situation to have two going at once. If you take a few long draws on the cart, it will get hot. When one of mine starts getting too warm, I switch to the other. Terribly hot carts burn up the juice faster, so I think I am saving some juice by trading off.

2. My passthrough is always on my computer. It hasn't seemed to hurt it at all.

3. I don't know.

Vape on!:D

JustKryssi

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Dirty Jerz
l. It really helps the "hot cart" situation to have two going at once. If you take a few long draws on the cart, it will get hot. When one of mine starts getting too warm, I switch to the other. Terribly hot carts burn up the juice faster, so I think I am saving some juice by trading off.

That's exactly what I do and you're right, it does wonders for carto life.

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
1. Wow, are you using WOW e-liquid, WOW? If not, then Wow juice may help. With Wow juice, I found that the ecig does not need to be on very long at all, just 3 to 5 seconds produces a reasonable cloud. The same about the PT, I think it's no longer necessary to PC vape. If batteries run as low as 3.2 volts or something like that, then I'm pleased to say that Wow vapor production is satisfactory down to as low as 3.2 volts, or whatever.

So, if you were not PC vaping, and Wow e-liquid you used, and burned you got, there are still drip tips readily available in the U.S. Some people like those precisely to avoid the sudden temperature changes, and they're also easily removable to allow top-fills. Doctor Vapor in his nearby video also mentioned using a cap over the cartomizer, with a hole in it, but driptips are now available in plastic or metal (iirc).

Something else, is the center tube of the cartomizer also really centered? I think they mostly are, these days, but having the atmoizer/coil near the carto side can really make them hot too.

Last edited:

WOW

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
CA
ALL VERY HELPFUL REPLIES! THANK-YOU!

John --- I'm not sure on all of them. I ordered SMILING SPECIAL MENTHOL under 'premium 30mil' and some pre-filled (those carts don't overheat, Strawberry - 1 carto over heated but, I didn't get the juice so kinda thinking between the center post maybe having been too close to sides and not having refill juice, maybe their getting hot because they're too empty or the other ones that started to get hot but didn't burn, either the caps or they were just not going to be refilled another time?

Wow, are you using WOW e-liquid, WOW?...........

...I'm really glad the new ones will be labelled because I think I had both reg & coolcarts in gold and so far they have refilled the best and vaped the best but, not sure which ones they are!! :unsure:

...Good to know the PT can be left plugged in longer but w/o turning my computer around I have no clue what the squiggly part of it is doing. It would look awful but might be worth it to save batt charges. I find the cord slightly too short on both that and the USB charger - like 2inches. It would definitely be nice if V4L carried a USB wall charger also because though it works in my car, it doesn't work as well. I really don't want to lose this one so only using what is an 5v adapter for my phone for my phone. It might be compatible in theory but, it isn't worth having to worry about whether or not it could damage my PT, not being meant to use with a PV. (It also has two USB ports so might not be able to put enough energy into one or the other port?) Really not sure but I wouldn't put tires meant for a VW beetle on a mini-SUV, just cause they would fit, y'know? I'd want the drive to be functional and thinking maybe mixing parts isn't always the best thing, Really don't know but I love my PV so much and so don't know what I'm doing enough, not using it driving w/o at best, having a one port adapter (and just love the neon light on my two port might just cave and get a PCC if not have my entire car rewired, with a charging station for everything!)

Thanks again, for all the replies - helps me understand the many reasons why and see, though too many options to be easy, what I can try. Until the newer coolcarts come out that run cooler than the coolcarts, I have to label them better. It'd be easier for me, I think, to use the hard caps if I notice it again. I have a hunch it might be happening - juice-wise, with the VG's but I honestly couldn't tell you what I bought that is WoW if it doesn't have Wow in the name of it. I'm so lost on the store front site, it isn't funny - ask Mark how lost I got last time, right Mark?;) (btw, to Mark - they said it would take until Wednesday - thanks again for your help!!!!) :facepalm:

I think I should change my username to 'Wow-za' - I didn't even know there was a WOW juice when joining - it was the only word I could say after trying vaping and just got bigger and bigger after I lost my off-line junk and tried V4L - :p --- sorry for the confusion John & anyone else trying to reply - I lost the info on how to change my username. The question is if my adopted avatar would get away from the cupcake any better w/ Wowza? ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread