3 years and (almost) 4 months.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been away from here for a while and wanted to post about my success in kicking tobacco by vaping.

I started playing around with disposable e-cigs in Jan 2013. They tasted horrible, were unreliable, but helped me drop from a two pack a day smoker to one pack a day. I experimented with some different e-cig hardware and through trial and error found some hardware and liquid that wasn't bad. I set a date of April 15, 2013 to quit regular cigs and put my last one out at 11:55 PM on April 14, 2013.

After a couple of weeks of vaping only, I knew that for the first time in 39 years I had found the way to finally get off of regular cig's. I set my next goal of June 15, 2013 to be nicotine free. I gradually reduced the amount of nicotine in my e-juice to 6mg, then mixed 50/50 6mg and 0mg. On June 15, 2013 I went strictly 0 nicotine. Over the next two years I never touched a regular cigarette and stayed on 0 nicotine e-juice.

I was down to only picking up my mod once or twice a week and had kicked the habit!! Until.... one Friday about six months ago on the way home from work (after a particularly stressful, tiring day), I saw the Vuse brand in my local convenience store and in a weak moment bought one. I don't know for sure how much nicotine is in them, but within a week I was nicotine dependent again. At least I didn't buy a pack of cigarettes!!

I quickly found myself going through 4-6 cartridges a day at a cost of about $25/day. This had to stop and my wife encouraged me to look at a way to get off of the nicotine again. A friend had an Eleaf iStick TC100W with a Kangertech Subtank Mini, .5Ω OCC coil and 3mg e-juice. I tried it and couldn't believe the quality of the vape. Boy oh boy, has vaping come a long way since my last mod purchase over two years ago!!

As of this writing I am happily vaping the above setup with several flavors of e-juice and varying amounts of nicotine, none more than 6mg. I tried going straight to 0mg a couple of days ago and really went through the nicotine withdrawal. I am confident I will be able to kick the nicotine addiction again in the next three months like I did before.

For me after 39 years of smoking and trying various types of NRT (patches, nicotine gum, cold turkey, medication), Vaping is the only thing that has worked. My lung function (per tests by my Dr.) has actually improved slightly since I quit regular cigarettes. I was diagnosed with mild COPD right before I quit regular cigarettes, and realize this is permanent, but I take comfort in the fact that it should not get any worse.

I carry the Vaping Flag proudly and promote it to any smoker that is interested in the technology.

-Jeff

Anastasia

Nov 25, 2016
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Off topic for this thread

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Ya, congrats on your 3+. I'm 2+ at the moment. I smoked cigarettes for at least 30 years, and I wholeheartedly plan on vaping for at least that long, or at least as long as I can..
    no-smoking-symbol.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread