Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
I’m looking to get a mech (I have used them in the past before I got into building NLPWM lipo mods). The mech I’m wanting needs to be no smaller than 30mm diameter and using stacked 26650’s. I’d prefer it to be black since the rta I’m going to be using is matte black. I’m posting here because I want to get opinions on what would be a good mod. I’ve been out of the mech game for some time now and wondering if y’all can help me narrow down my search. I don’t mind clones and would rather try out a clone to make sure I’m going to like it before putting down some $$ for an authentic. With all that said, help me out y’all and....GO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Here's a clone of one that's popular in germany (not available in black)
$23.50 Vapor Giant Styled 26650 Mechanical Mod - stainless steel / 1*26650/2*26650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Original would be around $100 and another $30 for shipping if there's no vendor in the US.

Though clones tend to have worse contacts and in consequence a higher volt drop. Precision threads and contact surfaces really make a big difference in a mech.
Can't remember ever seeing a black stacked 26650 mod so you might be searching a while. No doubt the high end manufacturers will make you a black one but that'll cost.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
I don't think I've seen a black stacked 26650 tube. The only stacked 26650 mech I have is The 99 by Vapergate. It's 30mm, but it's copper. It was also $160. :(:D I'd go with something like the Ohmega and spray paint it black and just touch it up as needed. :thumb:
The only stacked 26650 mech I have is also The 99 by Vapergate. Because it is a collaboration between Vapergate and BJ Box Mods it uses the same design as the Broadside and the Admiral so IMO it is totally worth $160, and in fact I paid 180 Euros for mine. The only downside I can think of is the O-ring that holds the 3 button pieces together was a little too firm, but I have replaced the O-ring so now the firmness of the button is very similar to that of my Admiral. There is no arcing with my The 99 despite I vape on it at .18 ohms so I really wish they will make a 30mm version of the Culverin RDA real soon because I "need" that optional hybrid connection. :lol:

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Yeah, do that because it's just something I stumbled across. I don't own one and haven't used one. Looks cool though.

The only review I found is some Chinese guy putting it together and that’s it. No talking just some music. What kind of review is that? It’s more of a “look at this new mod” video.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Did it make big vapor cloud with good flavor taste? Lol.

From the review, the upside is it appears to be all copper so it should be a hard hitter. The downside is you would probably OCD on the sleeves being lined up. Also it looks like a hybrid 510, so your atty would need a protruding pin.

It did seem to hit hard by the looks of the video. Yeah I noticed it was copper and that it was a hybrid. All the attys I use have the protruding 510. My OCD will probably be bad with getting it lined up. I’ll probably pull the trigger on this when payday comes.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
The only stacked 26650 mech I have is also The 99 by Vapergate. Because it is a collaboration between Vapergate and BJ Box Mods it uses the same design as the Broadside and the Admiral so IMO it is totally worth $160, and in fact I paid 180 Euros for mine. The only downside I can think of is the O-ring that holds the 3 button pieces together was a little too firm, but I have replaced the O-ring so now the firmness of the button is very similar to that of my Admiral. There is no arcing with my The 99 despite I vape on it at .18 ohms so I really wish they will make a 30mm version of the Culverin RDA real soon because I "need" that optional hybrid connection. [emoji38]
The amp draw...

Sent from my Thor E using Tapatalk

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
So I ordered the Big Mac mod this evening. They are based out of Canada. After emailing the owner over the past week or two and figuring up what shipping would be I pulled the trigger. Only $55 and change in USD. I’ll let y’all know what I think when I get it.

It’s a small world. I’m in central Florida, this guy is in Canada (not sure exactly where) but his parents and some of his family are snow birds down here. Come to find out they are part time residence in the same city as I live (in between Tampa and Orlando) and they reside in the same campground where I spent the first 4-5 years of my life where my dad was the head maintenance man. I thought that’s funny. I come on here to get opinions on mechs, them talk with a guy from Canada and find out that his family is 20 min from me right now and in the same park where I was at a very young age. Def a small world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread