30mm stacked 26650

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Parry

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Cookeville TN
I come on here to get opinions on mechs, them talk with a guy from Canada and find out that his family is 20 min from me right now and in the same park where I was at a very young age. Def a small world.
Very cool. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on it once you get it.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
So the mod came in the mail today. I like it but I have an issue. It’s been a while since I ran a mech. I’ve only ran 18650’s but everybody was saying get the IJoy 26650’s. I did, wanting to stack the batteries and noticed that the tops were super flat. Not like the 18650’s I’ve used in the past. My issue is it won’t fire stacked. Anybody have any ideas on how to get these cells to fire stacked...safely or do I have to find a set of cells that would be able to connect when stacked?

Tapatalk
10db743f74f0e1e4423c16d74f5f26e7.jpg

It’s a beast when in stacked mode. I do like that it comes with inserts so if you want to run 18650’s you can.
5f44a9c3dff96e5c0e46754283125002.jpg

Sent from Tapatalk using iPhone

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
I have to find a set of cells that would be able to connect when stacked
That one, definitely. Not a fan of the magnet or blob of solder "fixes", both can end in ugly ways.
You'll find a home for your ijoys. If you don't know yet how, I can recommend the "shinyitis" thread in general vape discussions ;)

Reactions: stols001

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
That one, definitely. Not a fan of the magnet or blob of solder "fixes", both can end in ugly ways.
You'll find a home for your ijoys. If you don't know yet how, I can recommend the "shinyitis" thread in general vape discussions ;)

Yeah I don’t want to do any of those “quick temporary fixes” that may end in me being on the 6:00 news for the dumba*# award. I don’t use round cells anymore. I build lipo mods and run lipos all the time now. Been wanting one of these for a while and finally pulled the trigger. Here is one of my mods I built. This is my everyday carry. I vape at high wattages (between 250-400W) so this is gonna be a little different since vaping at high wattages for so long.

5375d5ec052723dda9e17ee831bc9dac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
that stacked mod is awesome. I saw some insulator type things for stacked mods for 18650 flat tops awhile back. let me see if I can find them again and see if there's any 26mm ones.

Def let me know. I don’t want to just set these cells to the side and never use them.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
I saw some insulator type things for stacked mods for 18650 flat tops awhile back
They're called stacked disc contacts
Broadside stacked disc contact - BJ Box Mods
but I think they'll just dangle in the breeze in a 26650 mod. Maybe if you add a pvc ring cut from a right size pipe... not really optimal, especially seeing the price tag. Not too far from 2*26650s.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
I was wondering how I used my stacked 18750 mod back when I had it. I remember I had one of these and didn’t even think about it until I saw them. I appreciate it. I think I still have my old mod. I’m gonna go look for it and if I find it see if I still have that disk.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
They're called stacked disc contacts
Broadside stacked disc contact - BJ Box Mods
but I think they'll just dangle in the breeze in a 26650 mod. Maybe if you add a pvc ring cut from a right size pipe... not really optimal, especially seeing the price tag. Not too far from 2*26650s.

So I found it and it did have the disk in it still so I put it in the mod with the 26650’s and it worked but the only problem is the parts of the mod wouldn’t fit tight together to the sleeves ended up shifting so not sure what I’m going to do. Guess I’m gonna end up having to break down and buy new cells with a button top to make it work unless anyone else has any ideas.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
So the mod came in the mail today. I like it but I have an issue. It’s been a while since I ran a mech. I’ve only ran 18650’s but everybody was saying get the IJoy 26650’s. I did, wanting to stack the batteries and noticed that the tops were super flat. Not like the 18650’s I’ve used in the past. My issue is it won’t fire stacked. Anybody have any ideas on how to get these cells to fire stacked...safely or do I have to find a set of cells that would be able to connect when stacked?

Sent from Tapatalk using iPhone

Aaah I've had this issue with a couple of my Mods with the iJoy's. What I've done is rewrap them and now I don't have the issue with them. The wrap on them are thick and the rewaps are thinner so I don't have connection issues with a couple of my 26650 tubes that I had before.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Aaah I've had this issue with a couple of my Mods with the iJoy's. What I've done is rewrap them and now I don't have the issue with them. The wrap on them are thick and the rewaps are thinner so I don't have connection issues with a couple of my 26650 tubes that I had before.

I thought bout getting a couple wraps and doing just that. I guess I’m gonna have to give it a try.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
I thought bout getting a couple wraps and doing just that. I guess I’m gonna have to give it a try.

Where you get the wraps I recommend getting the terminal insulators, good chance they're thinner also than the stock.

• Useful

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Where you get the wraps I recommend getting the terminal insulators, good chance they're thinner also than the stock.

Yeah i know to get those when getting wraps. I used to wrap all my 18650’s when they needed it so I have a handful of those but would need to get them for these cells.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
If your positive pin won't touch, maybe you need to plane the hybrid top to allow the positive pin 1-2mm of stretch?

It’s not the 510 pin. It’s the positive on the cell not touching the negative of the cell it’s stacked on.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
The problem with that is my hybrid mech doesn’t have the space to put a magnet. It would have to be almost paper thin. I’ve debated on using aluminum foil to be a a contact point between the 2 cells but I don’t think that would be too safe.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread