325 mesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
After years of using nothing but 400 and 500 mesh I've decided to try 325 mesh. I ordered a 13"x13" square of it from Gotvapes, which arrived quite quickly, to their credit, and I'm about to roll up my first wick from it. I'm just hoping it doesn't overwick. One reason I decided to try this is because all too often when pulsing 400 mesh wicks I get holes burned in them, and I don't like that. I'm thinking 325 will be a bit hardier. I had to look around a bit to find it in the size I wanted, and not those little 2 inch squares everyone seems to want to sell.

I'd rather it had come wrapped around a tube, rather than folded up in a plastic bag, but one does the best one can and I can work with this. It immediately feels heavier than what I'm used to. This will be interesting...

Okay, first thing we find out is that you cannot cut this to the same size as 400 mesh or you will get a big fat wick that will not fit in the coil, unless you wind a fatter coil, and that will throw off your ohms target and you will have to work all that out again.

First wick:

Okay... I had to trim it back 3 times to get it to fit into my coil, but I got it in there! Yay! I stuck my first 325 wick into DID 1152, and after gently nudging out the coil into a uniform glow I took a vape on it.

Maybe it's just me, but I think I'm getting more vapor out of this now! The 325 is definitely tougher to roll into a wick, pretty heavy stuff compared to 400, but it's worth it... and I didn't burn any holes in it pulsing it out :)

Last edited:

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
I also like solid wicks, and I used 400 mesh for a very long time, but recently I've been getting holes burnt in my wicks while pulsing out the coils evenly, and that just won't do. The 325 is really stout stuff, and you need some tough fingers to roll it up tight into a solid wick. With 400 mesh I used a piece 35mm x 60mm. I can't do that with 325, I had to cut it back to 45mm long. It's also a lot rougher going into the coil but I'll get used to it.

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Thanks for posting this.
I've only ever used 400 & 500 &, like Yourself, have recently been burning holes in the mesh when pulsing....but on My Next-Gen, which takes out the coil as it shorts on the central pos. post!
Reckon I'll try the 325 too....tho' it'll prob. be the 2" squares!!! :)

Gotvapes has the big sheets that I like, and you can cut those the way you like.

Reactions: yourgurnard

Vaya

ECF Veteran
I, too, prefer it delivered in a tube. Sheets at least. No bs little squares for me.

I have a little 325 I have around to play with, but I do find it better with wicks that have a sizable center cavity - 0.5-1mm wide. 400 is what I rock, day in and day out, when using a solid wick. Though now I've found my real love - 3/32 or 1/16 (depending on the atty wick holes) stainless steel cable - and the type of mesh i use as a small upper sleeve has next to no bearing on the vape, comparatively speaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread