Status
Not open for further replies.

inanitydefined

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
On a rock floating through space
Bump for further information. If you were misinformed by your supplier I will wholeheartedly retract my previous statements and buy one. I've searched around and seen 5 amp limit quotes on it, which would support the rumor of it being internally the same as the smoktech. This looks like a great shop PV, potentially

kno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
Bump for further information. If you were misinformed by your supplier I will wholeheartedly retract my previous statements and buy one. I've searched around and seen 5 amp limit quotes on it, which would support the rumor of it being internally the same as the smoktech. This looks like a great shop PV, potentially

It's a 2A switch.

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
Ivape shipped my VariStack promptly and it arrived two days later.

For $40 I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised.

The VariStack looks and feels so much better than one can interpret from the pictures. The square top part fits the thump and forefinger naturally with thumb comfortably on the fire button. With very little movement the thumb can curl around the edge to comfortably adjust the voltage up or down without readjusting the hand hold on the unit.

Number will continue to scroll up or down as long as the +- button is held down, much more convenient than other VV units I have.

The screen is a large 1/4"H x 9/16"W with easy to read bright red numbers, very nice for those of us who need reading glasses.

The VariStack will not handle LR vaporizers but handles my 2.4ohm Vision Deux well into the 5v range which is way too hot. Same with a 2.2ohm Stardust. No problem going to 6v with anything I have over 2.9ohm such a 2.9ohm 901 atty, a 3.0 ohm IKV Mega Carto and 3.5ohm IKV io6 atty

Any questions? Feel free to ask.

Steve K will be doing a more comprehensive review on the VariStack next week, possibly as early as Tuesday. Steve K's Vaping World - e-Cigarette Reviews and e-cig News

Errol

Last edited:

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
The VariStack will not handle LR vaporizers but handles my 2.4ohm Vision Deux well into the 5v range which is way too hot. Same with a 2.2ohm Stardust. No problem going to 6v with anything I have over 2.9ohm such a 2.9ohm 901 atty, a 3.0 ohm IKV Mega Carto and 3.5ohm IKV io6 atty

This statement >"No problem going to 6v with anything I have over 2.9ohm"< could be wrong, the Varistak is showing 6v but I'm not sure the output under load is actually 6v. It's enough to vape comfortably but the ohms law indicates 6v may be beyond the capability of the Varistak if it's amp rating is between 1.5A and 2A.

I am putting together an adapter to read under load voltage with my VOM and will post actual numbers later.

Errol

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
Errol, It reached 6V at 2A with 3.0-OHMs that's a 12W max you can push at that configuration. 2.9ohms would max the unit at pushing 5.8V (11.6Watts of power)

I wouldn't have had to write a retracion if I had just left out that 2.9ohm vaporizer. :) The VariStack has become one of my favorites as it is a very comfortable, lightweight PV that functions very well for my 2.2 to 2.8ohm vaping at a reasonable price.

Errol

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com
Alright Errol, since you brought it up... I did indeed publish the review today :) Inexpensive Variable Voltage eCig Review - Vari Stack from iVape

Ivape shipped my VariStack promptly and it arrived two days later.

For $40 I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised.

The VariStack looks and feels so much better than one can interpret from the pictures. The square top part fits the thump and forefinger naturally with thumb comfortably on the fire button. With very little movement the thumb can curl around the edge to comfortably adjust the voltage up or down without readjusting the hand hold on the unit.

Number will continue to scroll up or down as long as the +- button is held down, much more convenient than other VV units I have.

The screen is a large 1/4"H x 9/16"W with easy to read bright red numbers, very nice for those of us who need reading glasses.

Any questions? Feel free to ask.

Steve K will be doing a more comprehensive review on the VariStack next week, possibly as early as Tuesday. Steve K's Vaping World - e-Cigarette Reviews and e-cig News

Errol

KeysBum

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Florida Keys, USA
  • Deleted by kno
  • Reason: advertised another vendor on our forum - next time is the ban hammer.

skipdashu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2011
Central Texas
Mine arrived today. Is it possible the more recent ones have a bigger regulator?

I'm running my 2.5 ohm (measures 2.7) DC Tank up over 5.6v w/o errors or issues.

Using a 2.0 ohm single coil tank right now and getting a good vape even though I've got it set down to 4.0v. I did run it up to 5.9v w/o getting the "Lo" error (dang the juice tasted like crap there). Both of these cartos/tank/voltage combos come out well over 2A on my calculator (Fresh IMR batts in it). Swapping the 2.0 single coil tank between the VS and my VMax seems about the same with both set on 4.2v (2.1A). I'm rather impressed for the $$$ we're talking about here.

kno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
Mine arrived today. Is it possible the more recent ones have a bigger regulator?

I'm running my 2.5 ohm (measures 2.7) DC Tank up over 5.6v w/o errors or issues.

Using a 2.0 ohm single coil tank right now and getting a good vape even though I've got it set down to 4.0v. I did run it up to 5.9v w/o getting the "Lo" error (dang the juice tasted like crap there). Both of these cartos/tank/voltage combos come out well over 2A on my calculator (Fresh IMR batts in it). Swapping the 2.0 single coil tank between the VS and my VMax seems about the same with both set on 4.2v (2.1A). I'm rather impressed for the $$$ we're talking about here.

Official manufacturer's specs are 2a max. Some will read lo, some wont - it mostly depends on the batteries you are using - they operate differently - and AW's will run a DCC where my Tenergy's won't on the same device. However ours and the manufacturer's official standpoint are: designed for a 2A max with no LR or DC. We don't want to oversell anything, as people use different configurations that may or may not push it. And the ability to do so changes from unit to unit.

Will these batteries work with the VariStack and is a spacer required? AV IMR18350 3.7v Li-Mn Rechargable Battery (Flat Top) - Avid Vaper

Ive had a varistack for almost a week now and havent been able to use it because I got the wrong batteries (nipple top protected trustfires). So I got a set of these IMR and hope they work lol.

Thanks.

kno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
Will these batteries work with the VariStack and is a spacer required? AV IMR18350 3.7v Li-Mn Rechargable Battery (Flat Top) - Avid Vaper

Ive had a varistack for almost a week now and havent been able to use it because I got the wrong batteries (nipple top protected trustfires). So I got a set of these IMR and hope they work lol.

Thanks.

Most likely not, you need an extended positive on your IMR batteries. AW IMR's work well, theres also a good set of Tenergy out there - but you'll want the nipple tip.

skipdashu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2011
Central Texas

Thanks.

Ya mon, these will work with a magnet in between and one on top. These batts can be had for $5 elsewhere along with the magnets.

skipdashu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2011
Central Texas
Thx. I got them to work. I used a small aluminum foil ball to make connection between the two batteries temporarily. Just wanted to test it out and make sure it worked properly. Looks like I just need one magnet.

Lucky u... they must have the + raised a micro milli higher than mine. Lemme know if you have any problems finding them. I've got a couple extra 10mm x 1mm ones.

Last edited:

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
Lucky u... they must have the + raised a micro milli higher than mine. Lemme know if you have any problems finding them. I've got a couple extra 10mm x 1mm ones.

Have had mine for three weeks and due to the lightweight hand friendly design it has become my favorite low demand PV. About the only problem I've encountered is a leaky carto that drained directly into the interior and out the seams creating a sticky PV and batteries. Hasn't effected performance but I flushed it with 99% Isopropyl Alcohol this morning to get rid of the stickiness. Waiting for it to dry to see if it will still function properly.

At some point I plan to take it apart and seal the unit abound the threads with silicone.

Errol

Last edited:
Ok so I got the right batteries (AW IMR) and had a problem with my first unit. The voltage down button wasnt working. Contacted iVape and had excellent CS. Mailed defective unit back on Tuesday and had replacement in hand Saturday.

This thing is pretty awesome for the price. I know the official word is that its a 2A limit. My defective unit seemed to behave that way. 1.7 and 2 ohm cartos would throw the "Lo" error around 4volts. My replacement hasnt thrown any errors. LR at 6v no problem. Not a good idea though...tastes burnt. But no errors whatsoever regardless of voltage at 2ohms. Im sure individual units will vary but this one is going beyond expectations.

I decided to get this because I was using a MV VV box w/indicator but adjusting the voltage was tedious. It was too sensitive and required a screwdriver to try to get precise voltage. Finger turning the pot wouldnt cut it.

Very impressed with the VariStack and iVapes customer service. Ill be in Sunset Beach in a few months and I think I will certainly check out the store. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread