Variable Voltage Mods available in Canada-- or shipped here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

potts_d

Verified Member
Sep 23, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Hi,
I'm still quite new to the world of electronic cigarettes, and to ECF.... but the community has been fantastic!
Watching everybody's videos, and reading all the threads, makes me want to buy every product out there, and all the juices, get a passport and go to Vapercon.

Is there a Canadian equivalent to Vapercon, or would we all be tased and beaten like the miscreants we really are?! :blink:
Just ask Juicy Clear!!

Anyway, I'm off topic. What I'm really wondering is: what variable voltage mods are available in, or can be shipped to, Canada.
I know about the Knight Rider (a.k.a. The Lavatube), and Happy Vaper sometimes has The Darwin in stock.
Foxy Box mods can make it here, but only for an extra $33 in shipping fees.
I've also recently seen the EVO, but it is a multi-voltage device, not vv (although it has a more satisfying range-- 3.7, 4.7, 5.7-- than the Ego VV and equivalents).

But it's hard to find other VV mods (tubes and boxes, etc.) here in Canada. Maybe I should just splurge on The Darwin.
I'm a little turned off by The Lavatube's max wattage.

In short, I'm lost. HELP!!:oops:

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I'm not that versed on Canada's policies but I think the issue consist mostly around juice. Shouldn't be much problem getting a PV shipped there. Just narrow down your choices and inquire with each on shipping to Canada at that point.

The Provari, Buzz Pro and Infinity Pro are also very good choices. If you're looking for box mods the choices are seemingly endless and they preform just as well as the more expensive tubes with a higher current limit in many cases depending on the internals used. The drawback is durability due to being plastic and some don't like the form factor.

potts_d

Verified Member
Sep 23, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I'm not that versed on Canada's policies but I think the issue consist mostly around juice. Shouldn't be much problem getting a PV shipped there. Just narrow down your choices and inquire with each on shipping to Canada at that point.

The Provari, Buzz Pro and Infinity Pro are also very good choices. If you're looking for box mods the choices are seemingly endless and they preform just as well as the more expensive tubes with a higher current limit in many cases depending on the internals used. The drawback is durability due to being plastic and some don't like the form factor.

Thanks, nomoreash. I hope you're right about the issue being only with the juice. Although Nhaler doesn't ship the Darwin to Canada, which is a shame because Happy Vapers has crazy demand for it so you have to get the timing just right.

I just watched a few videos on the Buzz and Infinity (in the middle of writing this), and I want to lean toward the Infinity due to its price and the repositioned voltage wheel. But its height compared to the Buzz looks a bit cumbersome.
So is the Buzz worth the extra $40?
I just have to pick one and go with it. I'm being way too cheap and picky. :p
Thanks again for your help, Nomoreash.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
The Buzz Pro is 4.25" long and the Infinity Pro is .5" longer, not that much difference. Other than the form factor of the tube, the IP being a little longer and less in diameter they have the same internals and will perform the same so it's really preference for the tube.

I went with the Blemished Buzz Pro which made the price difference much closer and the blemish doesn't stand out at all, well worth the savings to me, I'll probably put a scratch on it at some point anyway. Something you might want to consider if you prefer the BP.

potts_d

Verified Member
Sep 23, 2011
Ontario, Canada
The Buzz Pro is 4.25" long and the Infinity Pro is .5" longer, not that much difference. Other than the form factor of the tube, the IP being a little longer and less in diameter they have the same internals and will perform the same so it's really preference for the tube.

I went with the Blemished Buzz Pro which made the price difference much closer and the blemish doesn't stand out at all, well worth the savings to me, I'll probably put a scratch on it at some point anyway. Something you might want to consider if you prefer the BP.

What made you choose the Buzz over the Infinity?
I think I'm leaning toward the Infinity anyway, but I'm still curious.

potts_d

Verified Member
Sep 23, 2011
Ontario, Canada
It being slightly shorter and and I liked the design of 510 top cap a little better, more room to collect juice if I over drip.

The juice well is probably a nice feature, but I've heard the Infinity makes up for it with its tall connection which allows for an adaptorless drip shield.
I think I'm sold on the Infinity. 3/4" doesn't seem like much of a difference, and it is much slimmer.
I'm just pumped about VV.
One hitch, though, at NotCigs right now: no 1" m1A1 tanks in stock! I was really looking forward to trying those.
Now I have to find a good XL cart for the 1.5" tanks.

Where can I pick up pre-slotted carts (shipped to Canada)? That is another question.

potts_d

Verified Member
Sep 23, 2011
Ontario, Canada
www.CANVAPE.com

Check them out...maybe they got what you need

Found them! Thanks a lot, martin.
But I still would need XL cartos for the 1.5" tank.

I will definitely pick some of these up for the smaller tanks, though.
Are there any other tanks that have that screw system, for refilling and holding the carto tight?
It's genius!

Thanks again, martin.

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
Are there any other tanks that have that screw system, for refilling and holding the carto tight?

The new breed of Smoktech are tight enough and easy enough to refill once you know how :)

How to pre-prime a DCT:

1-Remove drip tip
2-Slide down the atty by pressing the top part of the tube that protrudes from the tank,slide it out about 1cm
3-Using your finger,pry the bottom part that magically appeared after sliding said tube so the inner part of it goes sideways
4-Fill the $?@% thing
5-Push the tube back home
6-Reinsert drip tip
7-Plug the bottom hole and air holes (that goes in your battery) by burying it in your palm,then so slightly suck on the drip tip 5-6 short and gentle times (you dont want to suck up juice,if you do,spit it out and go rinse your mouth toroughly--have kleenex or spitum ready)
8-Leave it alone 15-30 minutes (I know,resistance is futile)
9-marvel at your futur bliss and ponder what diff. colors of e-liquids you can pour in it to make in pritty-er
10-Vaaaaaaaaaaape for a week

Edit: get moar

potts_d

Verified Member
Sep 23, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I'm just partial to the Darwin.....get what you like.....after all, you need to be a happy vaper...

I'm partial to the Darwin too, retird, but I'm more partial to the Infinity's $100 price tag. ;-)
I'll probably get myself a Darwin someday (and maybe then the wheel will be tighter, which is a drawback I've seen in videos).
In my opinion, no other PV comes close to the Darwin!

And that DCT tank you're decribing, Martin, sounds really technical. Are most tanks like that?
The M1A1 looks much easier, although they cost $25.00 each.

And I found some SmokTech regular and XL tank cartos at Vapor Geek ... problem solved.

potts_d

Verified Member
Sep 23, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I just ordered my Infinity Pro. Nice!!
I got some extra batteries, some cartos, and a couple of the m1a1 repair kits, 'cause I like the syringe. I'll use it to fill the tanks I'll be getting from Mom and Pop's.
I'm going to go place that order right now... and then I'm going to sit outside beside the mailbox for a week. :mail:
:closedeyes: Oh, I'm excited.

Thanks a lot for the help. ECF makes these things a hell of a lot easier.

Peace. :)

Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread