3mg, how many cigs?

Hey, everyone! I just started vaping again (after years of not vaping). I got a GeekVape Max 100 (I think). I bought 3mg juice.

Of course, already I just want to vape constantly.

If I vape very very often all day (I know that doesn't help much but I'm not sure what other info to give) except in the presence of my kids (after school hanging out, going for drives and so on), am I getting a pack of nicotine? Two packs?

Again...I know nobody can give me an exact answer, but I also know there are some real mathematicians and scientists in this group so I'm wondering if anyone has ever found out averages for something like this.

Thanks!

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Cigarettes contain between 8 and 20mg of nicotine, with the average being 12mg. A pack of 20 cigarettes will then contain an average of 240mg. Using 3mg/ml juice, one pack is the equivalent of 8ml of juice. You do not give the amount of juice you go through in a day, so I cannot say if you are going through the equivalent of a pack. If you want to know how much nicotine in a puff, then use the puff counter on your mod. Divide the number of puffs in a day by the amount of juice you use in a day, then multiply that by the strength of your juice. If you find that you are having to take a lot of puffs and still have nicotine cravings, you might want to consider increasing the strength of your juice. 3mg/ml is pretty low for someone just coming off of cigarettes. Also, your body's adsorption from vaping may not be the same as adsorption of nicotine from smoking.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    Of course, already I just want to vape constantly.

Basically, you are saying 3mg is not satisfying. 3mg nicotine isn't enough for you.

Raise your nic level until you "feel" satisfied. Try 6mg or 12mg or higher.

Everyone absorbs nicotine differently - - - no two people are alike.

I know nobody can give me an exact answer,

100% correct.

but I also know there are some real mathematicians and scientists in this group so I'm wondering if anyone has ever found out averages for something like this.

Why overthink vaping???

No one on ECF can give you better feedback than your own body. Listen to it.

Figure out What Works For You and Forget All the Rest.

The ONLY accurate way to determine how much nicotine is being absorbed in your body - - - is by tracking amounts vaped and using cotinine tests. Frankly, what's the point???

Increase your nicotine until you feel satisfied.

jdrewry

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    Basically, you are saying 3mg is not satisfying. 3mg nicotine isn't enough for you.

Raise your nic level until you "feel" satisfied. Try 6mg or 12mg or higher.

Everyone absorbs nicotine differently - - - no two people are alike.

100% correct.

Why overthink vaping???

No one on ECF can give you better feedback than your own body. Listen to it.

Figure out What Works For You and Forget All the Rest.

The ONLY accurate way to determine how much nicotine is being absorbed in your body - - - is by tracking amounts vaped and using cotinine tests. Frankly, what's the point???

Increase your nicotine until you feel satisfied.

When I started my vape journey (about 14 years ago), I began with juice that had 18mg nicotine. Over time, I dropped to 12mg, then leveled out at 6mg. Comfortable at 6mg these days. It takes a little experimenting to find out what level of nicotine works best for each person.

Users who are viewing this thread