4 Years On Ecigs TODAY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NICnurse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Happy vapeaversary to both of you!!! I will hit the 3 year mark in August. Isn't it amazing how far vaping has come since we started? I figure if you two and myself could put down the stinkies with the primitive technology in those days, it is an "in the bag" smooth transition for people that have recently started. Proud of you two! :)

Transient

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Alabama, USA
Today marks the fourth anniversary of the day my wife and I vaped our first ecig and the last day we had one of those incredibly smelly, chemically-loaded, and expensive cigarettes.
I was a 2-3 pack a day smoker and my wife smoked about a pack a day when we saw an ad for SmokeSticks. We paid waaay too much but they got us started on our first vaping experience and we both knew immediately it was going to work. Over the years we've been through 4-5 styles of ecigs and a wide range of juices, and we've enjoyed it all. This Forum and the good friends we met here helped us in so many ways. This is, without a doubt, the very best and most knowledgeable group for those wanting to kick those stinky cigs to the curb and move on to a healthier way of living. Neither of us have had even one cigarette since our first vape four years ago.
I read a post today by someone who said his ecigs and vaping costs more than smoking stink cigs, and talked as though it wasn't worth it. It can cost more to begin. When we began, I kept a log of our ecig expenses vs. what we would have spent on cigs, and it was about two months before we began to see a cost savings. But the money savings has stayed high, and our health is much better.
I was 59 years old, smoked 2-3 packs a day, had bought a riding mower because I couldn't push mow my lawn anymore. My wife was 51, smoked a pack a day, and had a terrible smokers cough in the mornings. Within six weeks of vaping I had parked my riding mower and was back push mowing my yard, and my wife's smoker's cough was nearly gone.
Today we use the Kanger attys on simple eGo batteries and spend about $40 a month on 24 mg juice, total. There's the new battery once in a while and a 5-pack of attys for stock, but that, coupled with our juice orders, is still FAR LESS than the hundreds of dollars we would have spent each month on cigarettes. Plus, we feel so much better. No cough, no tightness in the chest, no afternoon headaches. and no stink on us, our house, or in our car.
I applaud those who have used ecigs to totally stop nicotine. They prove it can be done if that's where you want to go. We never intended on quitting. We wanted to improve our health and hopefully save money. We've done that.
I've seen Forum members have their disagreements and differences of opinion but, in the end, all agree they are here to help themselves and others. Again, this is an incredibly helpful Forum that includes some of the nicest and most knowledgeable people you will ever meet. We thank all of you and them for getting us to this wonderful fourth-year vaping anniversary.

Congrats to the both of you, Cliff! I'm sure I will be able to post threads like this in the future, as vaping has completely transformed my life like it did for you and your wife. It makes me happy to see threads like this because it gives me hope that vaping is sustainable and that I don't have to ever go back to cigarettes. Just today I opened a drawer containing the last pack of smokes I ever bought. It made me smile, because I had completely forgotten they were in there. I'm going to keep the pack forever, as a reminder that I just don't need them.. or want them anymore. Congrats again!

Mountain_Rain96

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Atlanta Ga.
Congrats to the both of you, Cliff! I'm sure I will be able to post threads like this in the future, as vaping has completely transformed my life like it did for you and your wife. It makes me happy to see threads like this because it gives me hope that vaping is sustainable and that I don't have to ever go back to cigarettes. Just today I opened a drawer containing the last pack of smokes I ever bought. It made me smile, because I had completely forgotten they were in there. I'm going to keep the pack forever, as a reminder that I just don't need them.. or want them anymore. Congrats again!

That is arguably the coolest post I've read since I joined here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread