Just started vaping, love it but still miss clove taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloveHunter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2012
NYC
Hi all, thank you for such a great community, it's been a blast for me lurking here for some weeks (and probably getting too much information, I have information overload for the last couple of weeks :D)I started vaping a week ago and ditched analog totally 2 days later. My PV is KR808 for its portability and convenience since I am not vaping continuously (I vape less than 4 hours (2 batteries) a day & maybe a bit more on the weekend). I was an exclusive clove (kretek) smoker for 17+ years and the only non-kretek I smoked was always menthol flavor. So naturally I am looking for the best clove cartos. Tried V4L Clove cartos and it's a hit & miss for me. Searching the forum and the best answer so far is using juices (TV Kretek has the best recommendation) instead of prefilled - well, I might try dripping (or even tank later on, probably for weekend vaping at home) but not now. So if anybody knows any good prefilled clove cartos, let me know!But while I miss smoking kretek, I am glad that I started vaping. No more ash, stinky smell and holes in pants (if you smoked kretek, you know what I mean) and of course a chance to join a new community like ECF :toast:

ITPython

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Central Coast, CA
Well, perhaps you should try doing your own cartos and juices. You will have many more choices.

With that said I just tried some ECBlend stuff last night. Two flavors I have tried so far from them; Red Box New Version, and their RY4. So far both of these samples are almost exactly like a clove cigarette, especially the red box new version despite it trying to be like a non-clove cigarette.

I'm telling you , the uncanny resemblance is mind bogglingly similar to a clove cig, even the RY4 is very distinctly clove like with a slightly sweet caramel after taste. My guess is that the mixers of ECBlend used to be clove smokers, and I bet most of their juices will all have that same underlying flavor. They even have a clove flavor called Kretek blend.

Check them out:
Traditional Flavors - ECBlend
Kretek Blend - eLiquid Flavor - ECBlend

inanitydefined

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
On a rock floating through space
Red Dragon Clove
I haven't tried many clove eliquids but I enjoyed that one the most. I went through a phase where I smoked only cloves, even landing on djarum specials as my brand. Just a couple of weeks ago I smoked a djarum black menthol. My girlfriend (who won't take up vaping no matter what I say) wanted to try them, so I stole one on a "what the hell, one can't hurt" mentality and you know what? It wasn't even just bad, far worse. It was boring. The clove taste is muted by the burning, throat hit is nearly non existant, and where's the cloud? Rest assured a few months down the road you won't miss kreteks. I certainly dont

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
The only one I have tried so far is the DK Clove and I like it. I find it a clean, straightforward clove taste. Just clove - no other complex flavors going on with this stuff. But that actually works out well - because the flavor is so simple it's good for mixing with other liquids.

I can't really compare it to clove cigarettes - it's been decades since I had the last one. But I do recall what it was like when other people smoked clove cigarettes - overwhelming, practically caustic smoke that I hated. All I can tell you is vaping DK clove... it ain't that.

Last edited:

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
I feel like I have just crawled out of a cave because I had no idea that there was a such thing as a clove cigarette :blink:

You may be hard pressed to find a clove juice that satisfies you, and I say this not because I know what a good clove juice is, but because I find that when you are in love with "the real thing", doesn't matter what flavor, many attempts to replicate a flavor are either a slight miss or a total fail in the eyes of the flavor lover.

I don't wish to be discouraging, just want to prepare you to not be too disappointed if you don't ever find that special clove juice.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places

ITPython

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Central Coast, CA
I've tried 5 different clove juices, and the only one of them that tastes like a clove cigarette (instead of a clove clove) is Liberty Flights Clove Black. E Liquid - Original - E Liquid 30ML - PG - Tobaccos

This is quite off topic - but every time I see your avatar it looks like your wife (I assume that is you and your family in the pic) has a black eye (her right eye). Is that just bad shadowing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread