***$5 Gift Certificate giveaway***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mich1370

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2011
Barberton,Ohio
www.vaporbomb.com
So I was looking through my sons books with him and we were reading about strange laws. I immediately thought of a contest. Find the strangest law for your state. The winner gets a $5 gift certificate. Here is one for Ohio: It is illegal to fish for whales on Sunday. :ohmy: There goes my Sunday Funday!! Contest ends Wednesday at 10am. Can't wait to see what you guys find! You can post them on this thread.

IThrenodyI

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2011
Wild Wonderful WV
The lovely state of WV has a few oddball ones...
It is legal for a male to have sex with an animal as long as it does not exceed 40 lbs.
Whistling underwater is prohibited.
A person may not hold public office if he or she has ever participated in a duel.
And my personal favorite, roadkill may be taken home for supper.

redgypsy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Southern California
California:

It is illegal to set a mousetrap without a hunting license.
It is illegal to eat oranges in a bathtub.
In Baldwin Park - Nobody is allowed to ride a bicycle in a swimming pool.
In Chico - Detonating a nuclear device within the city limits results in a $500 fine.
In Los Angeles - Toads may not be licked.
In Los Angeles - It is a crime for dogs to mate within 500 yards of a church.
In San Francisco - Prohibits elephants from strolling down Market Street unless they are on a leash.
In San Francisco - It is illegal to wipe one's car with used underwear.

And the list goes on ....

akatina

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2013
Greenville, SC
Ahhh, South Carolina...

• Railroad companies may be held liable in some instances for scaring horses.
  • Horses may not be kept in bathtubs.
  • A permit must be obtained to fire a missle.
  • When approaching a four way or blind intersection in a non-horse driven vehicle you must stop 100 ft from the intersection and discharge a firearm into the air to warn horse traffic.
  • It is perfectly legal to beat your wife on the court house steps on Sundays.

Oh, and no alcohol sales on Sunday :glare:

thehangdude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
In Crown Point, Indiana, it is illegal to carry a dog in your purse if you have shoes on while walking across grass.

In French Lick Springs, IN, all black cats to wear bells on Friday the 13th.

In Indiana, liquor stores can’t sell cold soft drinks or water. Also they are closed on Sunday.

No one may catch a fish with his bare hands.

Drinks on the house are illegal.

(old laws, now replealed)
-A man over the age of 18 may be arrested for statutory rape if the passenger in his car is not wearing her socks and shoes, and is under the age of 17.
-Anyone 14 or older who profanely curses, damns or swears by the name of God, Jesus Christ or the Holy Ghost, shall be fined one to three dollars for each offense, with a maximum fine of ten dollars per day.
-A person must get a referral from a licensed physician if he or she wishes to see a hypnotist unless the desired procedure is to quit smoking or lose weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread