50% off Unflavored Smoke Juice New Years Celabration Sale !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Just finished processing my 0.5 L of 100 mg VG. Yep, it did have that slight insecticide smell, somewhat sweet and pungent and a bit fishy. That's how nic smells to me, always has. Good! :thumbs:

Color: almost none. Very clear. Unless you put pure VG next to it, it looks like pure VG, just very slightly yellow. Again good! :thumbs:

What follows is a bit long, but 100 mg juice is very dangerous, so I want people to know how I processed the juice for usage and long term storage safely. I will not respond to or entertain "don't worry about it" comments, because in my opinion those people are idiots and ripe for an early Darwin award. Spilling a bunch of this juice accidentally is in fact a serious hazmat disaster. Spilling a bunch of it on you, as in 100 mL or so, is possibly fatal unless you happen to have a syringe of atropine handy, which I don't have, and I doubt anyone else here does either, and can phone 911. All procedures were done on a clean smooth kitchen table, which was on a smooth linoleum floor, which, unlike carpet, can be washed if needed.

Suited up: hands in nitrile gloves, and long sleeve sweatshirt with rubber bands on the wrists to make sure all skin was covered. At all times I am aware of where my hands are and if there are any drops on the gloves, I wash them off. I am alert, sober (including avoiding too much nic), and I have bright light to see.

Poured about 30 mL into a clean sterilized mason jar. This gave enough room in the 500 mL MFS bottle to recap it and shake-mix thoroughly. Poured the 30 mL back into the bottle, and repeated the shaking. Now it is mixed well enough.

Storage bottles were 50 mL amber glass with eurodropper inserts, all sterilized with vodka and dried overnight. I recommend a small funnel for pouring into the bottles, but I didn't have one, and I have very well trained and steady hands (and paper towels under everything to catch spills). Poured the thick liquid directly into 50 mL bottles to within about a mL of the rim, inserted the euros, wiped them off thoroughly with vodka-wetted paper towel, capped them tightly, labeled them, and now they are in the storage bin in the cold basement.

0.5 L filled 8 bottles, since they actually hold more than 60 mL, with about 15 mL left in the MFS bottle. Added a few mL of vodka to that, shook it up a lot, heated the outside of the bottle with hot water to make the liquid flow well, and then inverted this into the mason jar and let it drain for about 30 min or so. Since I generally vape 18 mg strength, or less, every one of those drops is prob about 0.5 mL of vaping juice. When the bottle was drained, I collected the juice in the mason jar with a syringe, and put that in dropper bottles. Then all glassware and syringe were washed thoroughly with hot water, gloves were removed and thrown out, table was thoroughly wiped off. Done. The most dangerous substance in my house, by far, is now safely stored, and I can use it via syringe without ever touching it.

Inspired by Mike Pickle, I made an 18 mg VG juice with 10% capella pralines and cream.

Chris, you are indeed a master. Not only is the nic smell not present at all, but this DIY hits like 24 mg at least, with a little bit of nic pepper taste, which I really like a lot. I am thrilled, buzzed, and so thankful! Simply outstanding on all counts, and I am set.

BTW I am sure, as an organic chemist, that the way I have bottled these, and when Spring comes those bottles can go in the freezer (there is no expansion and it does not freeze solid), that this juice will last several years at least, probably more. At very cold temps, as far as I know, there is simply nothing the juice can do to go bad or lose nic. See my comments in the Smoke Juice Storage Tips thread. Barring a major house-fire or police confiscation, I am sure I am set for a very long time indeed.

Very best wishes to you, Chris, for a healthy, prosperous and happy 2010, and many many thanks for selling such a fantastic product at such a fantastic price, and shipping it very safely! You are the man!! :thumbs:

Last edited:

TJPatt72

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Tx
Kurt, don't forget to factor in the case of the freezer or electricity going out on you :). You forgot about floods, mud slides, tornado's, plane crashes, etc. but you can't be prepared for everything :).
I appreciate all your saftey tips on handling 100mg and how to store it. I knew it would be more dangerous than 36 or 60 mg if a spill occurred.
Is atropine a controlled substance that requires a perscription to have?
Also if you have stored some a year or more, how do you know if it has gone bad? Is color change and cloudyness the only signs? Read something about it somewhere, but didn't peg it in my notes where I can find it.
Agreed Chris is great and one of the many reasons I am so glad I found this forum.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Kurt, don't forget to factor in the case of the freezer or electricity going out on you :). You forgot about floods, mud slides, tornado's, plane crashes, etc. but you can't be prepared for everything :).
I appreciate all your saftey tips on handling 100mg and how to store it. I knew it would be more dangerous than 36 or 60 mg if a spill occurred.
Is atropine a controlled substance that requires a perscription to have?
Also if you have stored some a year or more, how do you know if it has gone bad? Is color change and cloudyness the only signs? Read something about it somewhere, but didn't peg it in my notes where I can find it.
Agreed Chris is great and one of the many reasons I am so glad I found this forum.

LOL! If only my coldroom would stay cold all through the year. Those other disasters would likely be covered since it is made of 12" reinforced concrete! :thumbs:

The atropine comment was made because it is the only antidote to acute nicotine poisoning that I know. I don't know how you would go about getting it without a script. My dark way of saying please people be very careful!! It is true though, that's what would have to happen, and there is no way to tell if you have taken in too much nic until you are in the throes of it. Gloves, long sleeves, long pants, no skin exposed, painter's goggles would be good too (I forgot to mention I was wearing lab safety goggles while processing it). An apron over clothing adds another layer that the liquid would have to soak through before hitting the skin. A few drops on your skin will probably just make you feel sick. A big spill is bad. If that happens, make sure to quickly remove clothing, and get in a hot shower fast, before you try to tackle the spill area.

As for knowing if it is ok after many months, I would look at clarity of the liquid first. If it is as clear as when you first stored it, likely nothing has grown in it. It should still smell the same, too. And then a simple titration as was described elsewhere here (not sure where now...used sulfuric acid and blue indicator) to test for nic content. I'll try to get a link for that thread. Unless someone brings up a point I have not considered, I cannot imagine anything at all happening to the liquid to change it, but the proof is still many months away.

Also, to those without years of rock-steady-hand pouring training, get a small funnel to pour liquid into the smaller bottles. I should have used one, but got luck with just pouring. One slip is several mL onto the sides of the bottle, and I really don't know how I was able to avoid that myself. Something about the threat of death must have steadied my hands more than usual. Even a syringe big enough to transfer at least 50 mL would have had its own problems, since often a bubble will form on the top of the bottle being transferred to, causing liquid to spill rather than go it. Always have to look for that with VG liquid, since VG bubble can be tough little guys. Pouring through a funnel is the best way.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Order came in today. Haven't had time to try it out but I'm very happy with how everything looks and the packaging was great as everyone said. Thanks Chris!

And thanks Kurt for the handling tips. I got 125ml of 60mg VG but I'll try to follow the same procedure, with smaller bottles of course :)

My pleasure! Glad to be able to offer some safety tips. You may also find the thread in this forum "Smoke Juice Storage Tips" of interest. Seems our VG unflavored juices can be effectively stored in the freezer, after some experiments yesterday. I think we should be able to store this stuff for a very long time...that is if we don't vape it all too quickly...and given how much I love this juice in my DIYs, that may be the biggest threat to long term perservation. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread