Status
Not open for further replies.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Can you still get regular plain old 510 atomizers for dripping to taste new juices?
It seems like everything is rebuildables now.
You can, but they are hard to find. Somebody posted a link the other day and I was surprised to find the site actually had them.

Wish I could remember where I saw that. You could try searching the forum for 510 dripping atomizer. Like I said it’ll have been in the past few days.

Or use vapecrawler.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I was just thinking about this the other day. How do people test new flavors nowadays? Maybe it's because many here rebuild? I think to fully test, it might be better to have a modern tank. An old 510 isn't going to give the best results.

No two tanks or artsy taste alike, true, but the 510s worked well enough for me. You get to know the differences.

Plus they’re so easy. And I’m lazy, so easy is a plus for me.

I got a VV Pulse recently, and that’s what I’m using now. I’m not really into building, but it’s not all that much trouble. And again, once I’m used to the flavor difference ( Pulse makes a big flavor) easy enough to adjust the juice to suit the tank it’s meant for.

Reason I don’t use a tank for tasting is quantity. I make 10 ml tests, and if I can’t nail it before I use that up, I lose patience and abort mission. Also, I never have luck getting a flavor out of a drop in to taste the next one clearly. And all my old tanks are drop ins.

I also got a Berserker (rta) thinking, best of both worlds, easy to change flavors plus could be just filled up and vaped. Not a big fan yet, I think I have too much cotton in it, because the draw is so tight.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Found: Atomizers - Avid Vaper

Not sure if they're still a registered supplier though :/
Agreed, I don't think they have a vendor forum here.

510 atties: IMO limited use.
I just picked up about a dozen IKV 510s at 1.5Ω and 1.8Ω.
They are nice for testing, but don't deliver the full spectrum of flavour like my ADV tank or RDA.
A cheap, simple, single coil RDA is much more useful. (check out the Basic RDA)
Happy 6 years!

Cheers
I

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
You can, but they are hard to find. Somebody posted a link the other day and I was surprised to find the site actually had them.

Wish I could remember where I saw that. You could try searching the forum for 510 dripping atomizer. Like I said it’ll have been in the past few days.

Or use vapecrawler.
Didn't @Baditude post that link? I can't remember what thread either.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@RayN - Just had a Duh moment here! I have some extras that another member sent me on the PIF forum about a year or so ago. I've been using 3-4 of them, but know I have more. Can't remember what brand they all are, and haven't checked all their resistances (think they're a variety), but I'll send you a few of them for free if you'll PM me your mailing info. :)

ETA: I have to go to the P.O. tomorrow anyway to send another package. Could easily take a small package to send to you, too.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
The best way to taste test juices is with a cheap dripper. Get a Hadaly or Entheon clone from Fasttech, throw on a build and drip a few drops and taste. If you are at home you can quickly replace the cotton and try a different flavor, if out and about, bring some unflavored to "rinse vape" it with then try the next flavor.

Using cartos, IMHO is not a realistic test and can get expensive replacing them.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Using cartos, IMHO is not a realistic test and can get expensive replacing them.

@RayN was looking for, and will receive, 510 Atomizers...not cartos. I guess he likes them for taste testing, like others do, too. People just have different preferences.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I was just thinking about this the other day. How do people test new flavors nowadays? Maybe it's because many here rebuild? I think to fully test, it might be better to have a modern tank. An old 510 isn't going to give the best results.

It was suggested to me to use an RDA when I had the same question. So I bought one and now I’m hooked on RDAs lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread