510 Atomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@RayN - Just had a Duh moment here! I have some extras that another member sent me on the PIF forum about a year or so ago. I've been using 3-4 of them, but know I have more. Can't remember what brand they all are, and haven't checked all their resistances (think they're a variety), but I'll send you a few of them for free if you'll PM me your mailing info. :)

ETA: I have to go to the P.O. tomorrow anyway to send another package. Could easily take a small package to send to you, too.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I was just thinking about this the other day. How do people test new flavors nowadays? Maybe it's because many here rebuild? I think to fully test, it might be better to have a modern tank. An old 510 isn't going to give the best results.

It was suggested to me to use an rda when I had the same question. So I bought one and now I’m hooked on RDAs lol!

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
You can, but they are hard to find. Somebody posted a link the other day and I was surprised to find the site actually had them.

Wish I could remember where I saw that. You could try searching the forum for 510 dripping atomizer. Like I said it’ll have been in the past few days.

Or use vapecrawler.
Didn't @Baditude post that link? I can't remember what thread either.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
The best way to taste test juices is with a cheap dripper. Get a Hadaly or Entheon clone from Fasttech, throw on a build and drip a few drops and taste. If you are at home you can quickly replace the cotton and try a different flavor, if out and about, bring some unflavored to "rinse vape" it with then try the next flavor.

Using cartos, IMHO is not a realistic test and can get expensive replacing them.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Using cartos, IMHO is not a realistic test and can get expensive replacing them.

@RayN was looking for, and will receive, 510 Atomizers...not cartos. I guess he likes them for taste testing, like others do, too. People just have different preferences.

RayN

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Texas
I need to look into and learn about RDA's. Right now I'm worried I'd blow my face off. So until I can get some research and proper testing gear, I'm going old school. :)

I'm just getting back into vaping after a long hiatus and it has changed drastically since I last bought gear. Cartomizer tanks were the go-to gear back then. LOL

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
By all means, RayN, take your time. I vaped intermittently years ago, and everything changed when I came back around to quit! The changes can be dizzying.

You won't blow your face off with an RTA or RDA, not on a regulated mod, these days. It's far more likely if your build isn't workable, it just won't vape. However, yes, there is a fair amount to be learned if you want to start building. The Rebuildable atomizer forum will be your friend there, if you do decide you want to build in the future. It's not exactly the easiest thing of all time (at least for me) but some folks take to it like a duck to water, and if you decide you want to rebuild, you will have plenty of folks willing to hold your hand along the way. LOL, my first build was so complicated and difficult it took me six hours, the husband, and many calls for aid in the rebuildables forum, but it eventually vaped. LOL, I would up calling it the "ECF collaborative coil" because I got so many cliffs notes from ECF members along the way.

So if it interests you, don't hesitate to start doing your "research" as it were. I'm glad you were able to find the vaping parts you need now though, and good luck.

Anna

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I need to look into and learn about RDA's. Right now I'm worried I'd blow my face off. So until I can get some research and proper testing gear, I'm going old school. :)

As Stols said, That shouldn't happen on a regulated mod. Bad builds really become problematic on mech mods (unregulated).

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
By all means, RayN, take your time. I vaped intermittently years ago, and everything changed when I came back around to quit! The changes can be dizzying.

You won't blow your face off with an RTA or RDA, not on a regulated mod, these days. It's far more likely if your build isn't workable, it just won't vape. However, yes, there is a fair amount to be learned if you want to start building. The Rebuildable atomizer forum will be your friend there, if you do decide you want to build in the future. It's not exactly the easiest thing of all time (at least for me) but some folks take to it like a duck to water, and if you decide you want to rebuild, you will have plenty of folks willing to hold your hand along the way. LOL, my first build was so complicated and difficult it took me six hours, the husband, and many calls for aid in the rebuildables forum, but it eventually vaped. LOL, I would up calling it the "ECF collaborative coil" because I got so many cliffs notes from ECF members along the way.

So if it interests you, don't hesitate to start doing your "research" as it were. I'm glad you were able to find the vaping parts you need now though, and good luck.

Anna

Couldn't agree more Anna :cool:

@RayN, one more thought. I vape rebuildable tanks all the time now but they are a pain to test juice with. I do that using an RDA that has about the same air flow, chamber size and vapes at the same watts as my tanks so I get close to the same flavor out of my juices. It works very well for me.

And welcome back to ECF :)

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Can you still get regular plain old 510 atomizers for dripping to taste new juices?
It seems like everything is rebuildables now.
You can, but they are hard to find. Somebody posted a link the other day and I was surprised to find the site actually had them.

Wish I could remember where I saw that. You could try searching the forum for 510 dripping atomizer. Like I said it’ll have been in the past few days.

Or use vapecrawler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread