Status
Not open for further replies.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
The 510-T atomiizer now makes any tank taste like burnt plastic and batteries. Good thing I was not carrying it in my pocket at the time of meltdown.

My question is this: Is there a safe e-cig that won't empty my wallet or meltdown in my pocket? I'm afraid to hold the other one I have, let alone put it in my pocket.

First off, I am glad that you escaped with relatively little harm. That could have been a huge catastrophe! And Kudo's to you for getting it somewhere contained, though not sure a metal sink would be safer than outside. That said...

Your atomizer was on it so it wasn't charging. I like to take mine off when I am not vaping my eGo for just this reason. I don't carry it around assembled either. I have read the other threads you mentioned, and in each case it was indeed a disposable type unit that did this. So, I guess,you get what you pay for. A new house would be pretty expensive if you ask me.

Jim N

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2012
Colorado
I know the feeling of being scared and panicking lol

Don't worry, the solutions are simple:
1) Don't buy the cheapest PV you can find.
2) Get a PV with short circuit protection. I LOVE my eGo-C!
3) Never charge anything (even camera batteries) unattended.

Simple and easy solutions (although not the cheapest). You get what you pay for.

Oooh wow... And I thought my incedent was bad... My egoT was also just sitting on my table when I decided to pick it up for a vape... extremely hot to the touch I took it outside and watched it expand before it released the gases being built up inside... Hisssed for about 20mins.... Cooled off a few hrs later... Then upgraded to a ego twist... Happy camper now!

Jim N

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2012
Colorado
...My egoT was also just sitting on my table when I decided to pick it up for a vape... extremely hot to the touch I took it outside and watched it expand before it released the gases being built up inside...

The eGo-T has a safety shutoff which I assume is an on/off switch. I hope the short circuit protection in the eGo-C is superior as I don't always shut off my PV unless I stick it in my pocket or go to sleep.

Added a picture (if anyone cares):
IMG_0619.jpg

Last edited:

Jim N

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2012
Colorado
This is my big and only concern with vaping

Originally, I posted this problem to find a SAFE solution. With the advice of others like juicejunky, I believe I found it.

This post has morphed from asking for help to providing sage advice from "El Cheapo." I took the cheap path to vaping and got "burned" (pun intended).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread