510 manual battery not shutting off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slofe

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Sometimes when I have a drag on my 510 I hear a hissing noise after i've put it down. I touch the atomiser and it's red hot and clearly still burning, despite the light at the end not being on to indicate it's burning.

Does anyone else have this happen to them? Maybe I got a dud battery? I think the attys I got with the original starter kit were fake because the new ones i've got have the outline of shape of the cartridge whereas the original ones I got didn't have this. Is there anything I can do about this? I don't really want my pocket to catch fire :ohmy:

Slofe

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Wow, that sounds like a problem. Are they autos? where did you buy the kit from?

No manuals, I got them from a UK supplier.

It's happened to me before. I quickly unscrew the atty and then blow into the battery from the LED end. Almost always this cuts off the juice. Don't know how or why, but, it seems to work for me.

Yeah this is what I do, just wondering if there was any other way of stopping it.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I have an eGo and when I got it, it did something similar. I took a hit and the button satyed down. Luckily I had read about this problem so the FIRST thing I did was to unscrew the cartomizer.

I tried the button a few more times and it get stuck again. Then I tried rotating the button 90 degrees. I tried the button a bunch more times and it didn't seem to stick.

Not sure what is causing the button to stay down but for me, rotating the button 90 seemed to fix it.

If you battery is still under warentee I would return it, if isn't, you do some search here about the "rotation fix".

Either way, I would keep you eye on the button and not leave a carto / carto attached to the battery when not in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread