510 CE2 Clearomizer XL Revision 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldDragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kansas
The clearomizer that I have been using have been real good, the only thing I don't like about them is the cracks that they can get. I think they need thicker plastic and most likely a different type of plastic. Looking at some I just got, I can see some small cracks already around the bottom- been using some Scotch tape around the bottoms to help support the plastic and keep the juice in. Only use the little rubbery tips that they come with for the top, drip tips that I could use on the metal carto's will not work on these. Will most likely have to do some syringe mods to use the inters from the split clearomizer's that I have. So far 3 out of the 10 I first got have split so bad they will not hold juice, but the wicks and coils are still good.

Grinch99

Mar 16, 2011
Fort Lauderdale
The clearomizer that I have been using have been real good, the only thing I don't like about them is the cracks that they can get. I think they need thicker plastic and most likely a different type of plastic. Looking at some I just got, I can see some small cracks already around the bottom- been using some Scotch tape around the bottoms to help support the plastic and keep the juice in. Only use the little rubbery tips that they come with for the top, drip tips that I could use on the metal carto's will not work on these. Will most likely have to do some syringe mods to use the inters from the split clearomizer's that I have. So far 3 out of the 10 I first got have split so bad they will not hold juice, but the wicks and coils are still good.

Same here. Cracks at the base quickly out of the sealed bag. I flipped a few over thinking maybe the other end of the tube might do better, but the same thing happened whithin a few hours after putting juice in them.

Kremer

Apr 5, 2011
Ohio
Same thing here, all my tubes are cracking and leaking, on R4's and 5's, regular and XL. my attempts with tape still leave juice wicking down the crack and out the end. I just picked up a couple 3ml syringes from TSC at lunch and they are just a hair too large on the ID to fit right, I may be able to remedy it by replacing the base o-ring with a slightly beefier version.

I'm vaping with CE2 r5 till this morning, mine are XL 2.6-2.8 ohms. I've try with a mix of Flavour Art Heaven Juice Traditional 24mg/ml + 8% Perfumer's Apprentice Mary Jane, vaping at 3.7V with my GGTB.
This clearomizer gives a medium/high TH, and a very good flavour imho.
I definitely appreciate the ease of use with respect to dripping, that I love, but that is little practical when I'm driving.
So CE2 r5 are a good choice.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
How long have the people having the success with them been using them?

Been using them for about 2 months, the only problems are with the tubes and a 3mL syringe or a Smoke Tank takes care of that issue. Otherwise they have the best flavor and vapor I've found using a solid 3.7v supply (mod).

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Been using them for about 2 months, the only problems are with the tubes and a 3mL syringe or a Smoke Tank takes care of that issue. Otherwise they have the best flavor and vapor I've found using a solid 3.7v supply (mod).

Thanks. I jumped all over the tanks the first time I heard about them. Now I'll start to wait for reviews that are more than a week old. I just get too frustrated with things I have to fiddle around with.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I've been using the fat wick Fluxomizers, same as R5 I think for 3 weeks now. Haven't had one go bad yet. These coils seem to take a lot of abuse and are the strong point imo. I've put the first 2 through quite a few cleanings and dry burns and they are still preforming like new.

The weak point is the tubes at the base as most have mentioned. Over 1/2 of mine are cracked out of the box and turning them over doesn't help for long, just means I have cracks on both ends soon. I'm not even fooling with the tubes anymore and doing the syringe mod out of the box and they are performing awesome.

IMO the latest revision with the syringe mod, awesome and they last. latest revision without the syringe mod, cracks and leaks or will crack and leak eventually.

Just to note if anyone is using a cone style PV and does the syringe mod it's a little to thick to fit through the cone. Close but without modifying the cone, won't fit.

krijmo

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
A, A
I got 2.6o, 2.8o, and 3.0o. I'e got an eGo battery, and the sweet spot for me was the 2.8o. Not too hot, not too cool, just right. I discovered that it worked a little better if you pull up on the cap that goes over the white ceramic part so it's not touching the wick, then put the gasket on round side down, and either mouthpieces and you're golden. Turn it upside down for a sec to let the juice wet the wick if ya need to....

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
I have been using the Royal Smokers CE2 XL clearomizers (2.4 - 2.6 ohms) from Electro Vapors Canadian Ecigs Accessories and Eliquid for the last week and these are the cat's meow.
Fully agree with the OP - way better than the ego-T tank system.

Of the three I started using last week I had to chuck one because of cracks at the base but @ about $3.00 a piece (incl. tax and shipping) if they last a week no big deal. The other two are still going strong - I cleaned & modded both of them: Added an additional wick using LPT. Doing this 'seems' to improve the VP & TH. You can find videos on the Net explaining and showing the cleaning and modding procedure.

You can further mod the clearomizer by removing both silicone pieces - they are not required and do not impact the overall functionality/performance. Just put the black mouthpiece top cap in place. So far I have not detected any leaks by doing so. However I only filled the clearomizer half way after modding it.

IMO, the modded clearomizer at 2.4-2.6 ohm on a ego batt is the same as direct dripping a 510 LR atty on the ego batt.

Of course the jury is still out on the mod, it has only been 2 hours.

Vape On!

cactusgirl

Sage Tribal Queen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
I had two boxes of XL CE2-x clearomizers arrive today. In the package also was the new orange blast, along with big red gum, and Swedish fish flavors.

I promptly loaded one up with big red and was suitably impressed. An hour or two later I noticed some caramelization on the wick but diddn't think much of it until it started to draw a bit tight. I pulled the tank and while still half full the originally clear juice was now deep brown, nearly black. I pulled the top assembly apart and the coil was completely glassed over with what looked like cooked sugar.

Dumped the half tank of juice, took it apart, washed everything, did a few dry burns and more washes and have most of the goo off. it is on a final dry now.

I'm not too pleased with this new juice. I've gone several (5-7) full fills on some other juices on my previous version clearomizers without the coil/burner gunking up, this took half a tank to get much worse!

Am I missing something here?

I'm having the exact same problem....I don't have the time nor patience to try to clean them up though, lol.

cactusgirl

Sage Tribal Queen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
I finished cleaning the CE2 and refilled it with the Flux orange blast, so far I'm half through the tank and there seems to be no caramelization creeping down the wick or accumulation on the coil. I'm going to shake my fist in the sky at the big red gum flux nectar now.

EDIT: I ran the tank completely dry with the Orange, looked at the coil, clean wire, clean wick, no build up of anything.

*gives the big red gum nectar bottle an evil stare*

How did you 'clean' it? Is there a video somewhere that tells you how to clean these? I've chucked a couple of them so far because of the same problem you noted earlier (juice turning dark and burning at the coil).

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
You can clean them without tearing the clearomizer apart. In a pinch you can fill the clearomizer with water and remove it using the syringe and injector. Repeat a couple of times and continue doing so until most of the wick appears as when you first started using it. Also wash the ceramic cup.

Now blow out the excess water from the end that connects to the batt. Now, the wick will still contain water but it is so insignificant that you should not notice any problems.

Alternately YouTube - Cleaning clearomizer and Vaping in 5 min

Kremer

Apr 5, 2011
Ohio
I haven't had any luck getting the grud off the coil with either plain hot water, white vinegar, or even my ultrasonic cleaner (all that did that i could tell was to turn the wicks of my r4's into fluff).

My regime is to:
1. take them alart (pull mouthpiece, middle ring if there is one, the fill plug over the cup, then pull the tube off the base
2. wash the loose parts under hot water, then hold the cup and coil assembly under the running water for a little bit to dislosge and dissolve anything that'll come loose immediately
3. air dry the cup and coil assembly
4. dry burn
5. rinse ash off under running water a bit
6. sorta dry a bit
7. fill and use

The full dry burn is the only way I've been able to get the coil nice again.

I've been using the R5 for about three weeks now. I got them from Madvapes. There has been very few problems with them. My only complaints would be that they leak. Even when storing them up right they over wick and leak to the top.

Also they don't seem to do well with darker sweet juices. I've had to clean one a few times. But after dry burning and leaving it to dry a a bit, it doesn't seem to vape as strong.

Other than that I've never had one crack or break on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread