510 connector with Sideshow or 902 atty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckreef

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Central GA
NO. they have different +/- , you will kill either battery if you a different charger. They have the same threading but should not be charged in any 510 charger.

OK I guess thats why I was asking -- TY

So the question now is -- are you planning on coming out with some type of Multi-port/battery charger?

If not --- Could I hack a multi-port charger and swap the leads around to make them work with a 902?? I'm pretty good at DIY :)

grndzero

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Tucson, AZ
I can't speak for the sidesho but a 510 attys will go onto an (old style?) 902 battery connector (not sure if the connector is different with the new batteries) because the threading is the same and the flat bottom will make contact. You have to leave it a little loose though to get airflow. An old 902 atty won't work on a 510 connector because of the lip on the bottom of the atomizer keeps the center from making contact. The new style 902 atty with the flat connector should work on a 510 connector.

Charging is another story completely. They are both 3.7V Li-ion (4.2V for charging) batteries but I'm not sure whether the logic circuits are compatible between the 510 charger and the 902 battery circuit boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread