4.2 volt mod for the 902

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the 902 does not have a specific sub-forum, I thought I might post my mod here. I used Cisco's laser pointer mod technique to create a 902 atty based cig that runs a 10440 battery rated at 4.2 volts at appx. 400 mah. I really like Tony's attys and knew it was going to be a tight fit, but decided to give it a try. The old drill press really payed out in aligning the hole in the cone and there was no excess room, but it fit.

This mod has previously been used for the 501 and 901, so this may be the first MV 902 application. The vapor is awesome, probably due to the extra .5 volts and the battery life is about twice that of a manual. The cool thing is you can drip the atty because you seal up the hole in the battery connector when you attach the connector wire.

I have posted an updated description to Cisco' mod in the modders forum if you would like to give it a whirl. I am going to try a 5 volt mod next and will post same when available.

Here a pic.

Attachments

• mod.JPG
    mod.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 74

grndzero

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Very nice mod. I haven't tried the laser pointer mod. I just finished a Magnum mod with a scavenged 902 connector from a battery that died recently. It is awesome.

All 3.7V Lithium Ions peak at 4.2V. 3.7V is about where their effective range is after the initial voltage drop. Look at the attached discharge curve and you will understand why the battery just stops working.

Attachments

• Li_Ion_DiscGph.jpg
    Li_Ion_DiscGph.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 115
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread