The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

510 kits and parts suppliers - discussion

Discussion in 'Joye 510' started by testerjtester, May 11, 2009.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. testerjtester

testerjtester Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 13, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Okay, thanks to SambucaLu these new threads are up and running, so feel free to jump in whenever you like!

NOTE: Please post any links to 510 suppliers you've found that aren't already included in the list thread here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/joye-510/16487-510-kits-parts-suppliers-links-only-no-discussion-please.html

Since we had some technical issues trying to keep the list updated in the original 510 suppliers threads, at SambucaLu's suggestion I'm creating two new threads - one to maintain supplier links only, and another that's open to discussion. Hopefully this will make it as easy as possible to find suppliers, since the forum apparently limits how long an original post can continue to be edited.

This is the discussion thread, so please feel free to... well... discuss the suppliers and their products, make recommendations or share cautionary tales. So as not to lose any of the original posts, I've quoted all of the discussion from the previous two threads below - this might be a little weird, but there wasn't any other way we could think of to preserve everything.

*** This section contains the posts from the original thread ***

*** This section contains the posts from the #2 thread... ***

2. provider801

provider801 Full Member

Apr 26, 2009
    How quick do you usually go through your cartridges? I have had this dankstar Joy510 for a few weeks now and it came with 5 cartridges but I am out after about 3 weeks and the local Dankstar rep says he'll be out for another 5 days, who else sells the cartridges? Also it looks like I might have over paid, but I guess I kept it local.

3. howard

howard Senior Member

May 11, 2009
    New York
    There's a few suppliers here that offer 510 carts. Most that sell the 510 parts or kit usually carry them(carts). Check the initial post, there are links to the suppliers.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/joye-510/16487-510-kits-parts-suppliers-links-only-no-discussion-please.html

Although I personally prefer using the juices, makes things for me a lot easier.

I usually go through a cartridge in about 2-3 days. Unless I'm vaping heavily.

4. testerjtester

Mar 13, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Now that I've finally settled into something of a routine with the 510, I think I'm in the same range as howard - I'll put in a fresh cartridge, then top it off maybe 5-6 times a day, and after 2-3 days I put it in the "need to be refilled" pile.

Once every couple of weeks, I go through the pile and squeeze out any remaining juice from the filler and store it in my "vape in case of emergency" bottle, wash the filling material in warm water and dry it out, then refill the carts with fresh juice and the clean stuffing.

Still haven't found a dependable replacement filling material (though I have about a half dozen carts with Fluval aging at the moment, and I may have finally figured out the right amount of material to use for a 510 cart), but I've been buying enough fresh cartridges from the Widow to provide a new one every couple of days, since even after cleaning and refilling the re-used carts don't seem to wick the liquid as effectively.

But even at $1 for one cart a day, and a little extra for juice to top it off with, I figure I have the luxury of using a new cart every day without feeling like I'm wasting too much money...

5. Vapor Fiend

Vapor Fiend Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2009
    Cali4nia
    Since this is the only 510 "discussion" thread I'll ask this here...

Can you charge a 510 battery with a 901 charger? Just curious because I have two 901 chargers so I could double barrel them...

Should change the name of this thread to "510 Discussion" and take out the parts/suppliers part..

6. Safira

Safira Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2009
    Plainfield,IL
    ScvJerk the 510 battery has a female end, the 901 has a male end, so it won't even screw in.

7. testerjtester

Mar 13, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    I was afraid this was going to end up too confusing... :)

I'd started with one thread that listed all the suppliers I knew of, and others posted more, along with questions about who carried what, who had stock and who didn't, etc. So I wanted to keep updating the first post with all of the ones others were adding, so anyone looking for suppliers could easily scan them all in one place.

As it turns out though, it isn't possible to edit a post for more than 2 days or so after it's created - the Edit button just doesn't show up anymore.

The best solution we could come up with was to split the threads and have one that was for adding new suppliers only (so it would still end up as a more or less uninterrupted list), and have another dedicated to discussion of the suppliers (since there was a lot of discussion about the suppliers scattered throughout the original thread, and I didn't want what everyone had posted to just disappear, and thought people might also like someplace to talk about the suppliers and their products.).

So technically this thread is intended for discussion of the various suppliers. But like all threads, I'd expect it to digress from time to time.

Hope that makes sense...

Tim

8. testerjtester

Mar 13, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    For any that are interested and aren't already aware, The Widow now has the PCC and 510 USB passthrough in stock...

Widows Bead Work - charge

9. Momof3

Momof3 Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2009
    Midwest, USA
    I would like to know and not I've heard maybe, but I know for fact/have used other models parts that are compatible with the 510. Outside of the 306 of course.

For me after a couple weeks my battery life stinks (worse with the short manuals) and while I like the manual batteries sometimes I want to use an automatic. Using 510 auto batts seems to hasten my atomizers to certain death. 306 doesn't address short battery life. I however love my PCCs.

So before I beg a modder to alter one of my PCCs to take a 401 or 901 I want to check into alternatives.

10. testerjtester

Mar 13, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    I was wondering if anyone had ordered 510 parts from Eastmall.net, and whether you had noticed any functional or performance differences as compared to some of the more popular 510 sources.

His prices aren't all that much better than some of the US-based suppliers (interestingly enough... and in some cases he's slightly more expensive), but I'm extremely tempted by David's juice sale, and since the free bottles will more than offset the $15 shipping cost, I could throw in some parts and get the shipping for free.

Thanks,
    Tim

11. rsngfrce

rsngfrce Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2009
    Northern California
    Placed my first order with Eastmall a couple days before THE BAN was supposed to take place and received it no problem. I haven't ordered any 510 stuff from them yet (ordered DVP9 stuff... I feel like a traitor :oops:! ...interesting contrast to the 510 but definately not better!). They sent one pack of incorrect carts and that is being handled. I see no reason their 510 stuff would be different and I'll probably get some 510 stuff when I place a juice order in their excellent sale.

The prices ARE kind of strange, but definately the cheapest starter kit price if you can overcome the flat $15 shipping...

12. Momof3

Momof3 Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2009
    Midwest, USA
    They all come from the same factory, so they should be the same quality wise. If you hit the $200 mark, which is easily done, you get free shipping last I heard. Also there is the $ back/rewards points. I think if I remember correctly you get a couple dollars off on your first order that you can apply straight away. If you have any friends who vape see if they want anything and you can spread out or eliminate shipping and also spread out any possible customs loss.

13. Jennee26

Jennee26 Super Member ECF Veteran

May 8, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Ok. I wasn't sure where to post this one since there wasn't a specific thread for it. But I have the Joye 306a. Does anyone know where I can get some atomizers for it? My supplier (Cigtechs) is on his honeymoon this week and I need to get some ordered. Or if they are compatible with atomizers from other "super" minis let me know please? Thank You.

14. menthollight

menthollight Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 6, 2009
    USA
    Electro-Nic-Stix - 306 Atomizer (Powered by CubeCart) seems to have 306 atomizers in stock.

15. Stike

Stike Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 6, 2009
    B.MASS
    Try litecig usa subforum he had some spare parts cheap

16. Jennee26

Jennee26 Super Member ECF Veteran

May 8, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Thanks to the both of you!

17. gr8dane

gr8dane Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2009
    Huntsville, Alabama
    FYI, Jason just restocked. He got in a whole variety of stuff. I've been waiting for someone to get the white yeti's in, so I'm tickled. Sorry Jennee, I think I got his last 3 atty's for the 306 as well (had to buy another 306 too...the purple led's just sounded too fun)
    -Kathy

18. wegster

wegster Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 10, 2009
    NC
    Here's my current list of suppliers, with prices valid as of today (obviously may change). Most if not all of them are listed in the supplier list, but here's 'what they have' as finding who has passthroughs and spare parts has taken some time.

@Mods - let me know if this belongs elsewhere, if so, just delete this post..thanks.

----
    STARTER KITS: (contains 2 batteries, 2 atomizers, 5 carts, charger unless otherwise noted)
    IT'S YOUR RIGHT, IT'S YOUR CHOICE, MAKE YOURS A RIGHT CHOICE BY CHOICEVAPOR ! (Right Choice Extreme) - $65
    Products - unknown, out of stock
    dietSMOKES.com - $58
    The electronic cigarette super store!!! : Home - $60
    Electro-Nic-Stix (Powered by CubeCart) - $55
    Janty USA - $59
    TheSmokeSafe.com - The #1 Source For E-Cigs, Parts, Accessories and Supplies! - $55
    Electric Cigarette & E Liquid - Totally Wicked Electronic Cigarette Fluid (Titan) - $90, 10 carts instead of 5, 1 manual, 1 auto bat
    Electronic Cigarettes @ TrueSmoker.com - $60 (sold out)
    Electronic Cigarettes, e-Cigarettes, e-Cigs, DSE 901, Vapor Guys LLC - $59 (also comes with 3ml JC sample, out of stock currently)
    Home page TheVaporPro - $57 - looks like auto kit only?
    Widows Bead Work - Home - $55, OOS
    http://www.esmokeyshack.com - $55, 1 auto battery, 1 manual
    http://www.vaporstation.com - $52, 1 manual battery, 1 auto
    AltSmoke - DSE901, The Yeti, Electronic Cigarettes, Catridges, & More. - $60, OOS currently
    www.eastmall.net - Eastmall International Co.,Ltd (China, David Yang, +$15 flat ship) - 43

BATTERIES:
    IT'S YOUR RIGHT, IT'S YOUR CHOICE, MAKE YOURS A RIGHT CHOICE BY CHOICEVAPOR ! - 19
    Products - 13.50 (out of stock)
    dietSMOKES.com - 20
    The electronic cigarette super store!!! : Home - 17
    Electro-Nic-Stix (Powered by CubeCart) - 18
    Janty USA - 20
    TheSmokeSafe.com - The #1 Source For E-Cigs, Parts, Accessories and Supplies! - 17.50
    Electric Cigarette & E Liquid - Totally Wicked Electronic Cigarette Fluid - 20
    Electronic Cigarettes @ TrueSmoker.com - 16
    Electronic Cigarettes, e-Cigarettes, e-Cigs, DSE 901, Vapor Guys LLC - 20
    Home page TheVaporPro - 14.25 (looks like auto only right now)
    Widows Bead Work - Home - 12.50 (OOS)
    http://www.esmokeyshack.com - 16
    http://www.vaporstation.com - NA
    AltSmoke - DSE901, The Yeti, Electronic Cigarettes, Catridges, & More. - 14.50
    www.eastmall.net - Eastmall International Co.,Ltd (China, David Yang, +$15 flat ship) - 13

ATOMIZERS:
    IT'S YOUR RIGHT, IT'S YOUR CHOICE, MAKE YOURS A RIGHT CHOICE BY CHOICEVAPOR ! - 13
    Products - $10
    dietSMOKES.com - NA
    The electronic cigarette super store!!! : Home - 14
    Electro-Nic-Stix (Powered by CubeCart) - 11
    Janty USA - 16
    TheSmokeSafe.com - The #1 Source For E-Cigs, Parts, Accessories and Supplies! - 12.45
    Electric Cigarette & E Liquid - Totally Wicked Electronic Cigarette Fluid - 15
    Electronic Cigarettes @ TrueSmoker.com - 10
    Electronic Cigarettes, e-Cigarettes, e-Cigs, DSE 901, Vapor Guys LLC - 16
    Home page TheVaporPro - 13
    Widows Bead Work - Home - 10 (OOS)
    http://www.www.esmokeyshack.com - 10
    http://www.vaporstation.com - 14
    AltSmoke - DSE901, The Yeti, Electronic Cigarettes, Catridges, & More. - 10.99 but scales for more, down to 9.55 for 10
    www.eastmall.net - Eastmall International Co.,Ltd (China, David Yang, +$15 flat ship) - 8

CARTS
    IT'S YOUR RIGHT, IT'S YOUR CHOICE, MAKE YOURS A RIGHT CHOICE BY CHOICEVAPOR ! - no blanks, $6 for 5 filled
    Products - $4.85 for *blanks*
    dietSMOKES.com - 5/5 - filles
    The electronic cigarette super store!!! : Home - 6 for either filled or blanks
    Electro-Nic-Stix (Powered by CubeCart) - 4
    Janty USA - 5 (filled)
    TheSmokeSafe.com - The #1 Source For E-Cigs, Parts, Accessories and Supplies! - 3.50 for blanks, 5 for filled
    Electric Cigarette & E Liquid - Totally Wicked Electronic Cigarette Fluid - 10/10, $25 for 30, $40 for 50, $60 for 100
    Electronic Cigarettes @ TrueSmoker.com - NA
    Electronic Cigarettes, e-Cigarettes, e-Cigs, DSE 901, Vapor Guys LLC - OOS
    Home page TheVaporPro - .57 cents each
    Widows Bead Work - Home - 5/5 filled
    http://www.www.esmokeyshack.com - 5/5 filled
    http://www.vaporstation.com - 3.75 (can't tell if filled or blanks)
    AltSmoke - DSE901, The Yeti, Electronic Cigarettes, Catridges, & More. - 2.85 for 5 blanks, 4.50 for filled
    www.eastmall.net - Eastmall International Co.,Ltd (China, David Yang, +$15 flat ship) - $2/5

USB Passthroughs:
    dietSMOKES.com - 29
    Electro-Nic-Stix (Powered by CubeCart) - 25
    Janty USA - 29
    TheSmokeSafe.com - The #1 Source For E-Cigs, Parts, Accessories and Supplies! - 20
    Electric Cigarette & E Liquid - Totally Wicked Electronic Cigarette Fluid - 30
    Electronic Cigarettes @ TrueSmoker.com - 20
    Electronic Cigarettes, e-Cigarettes, e-Cigs, DSE 901, Vapor Guys LLC - OOS
    Widows Bead Work - Home - 22.50
    http://www.www.esmokeyshack.com - NA
    AltSmoke - DSE901, The Yeti, Electronic Cigarettes, Catridges, & More. - 20
    www.eastmall.net - Eastmall International Co.,Ltd (China, David Yang, +$15 flat ship) - 15

19. rsngfrce

rsngfrce Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2009
    Northern California
    A very useful list for current comparison purposes, thanks for all the work! :thumb:

20. RsL

RsL Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 18, 2009
    Minneapolis
    Thanks for the post wegster and just an FYI. Chris at Cigtechs Products should have some 510 kits in stock later this week. He always has a very good price on them as well. Chris is on my short list of good suppliers so he is highly recommended! :)