Status
Not open for further replies.

Krythis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
WNY
krythis.com
I've posted about my issues with the NHaler LR attys and a 14500 mod on other threads so I wont get into many of the details..but since I've singled out the issue I figured this would be an appropriate place to post a warning.

I found that some of the attys from Nhaler would appear to die after a short time with a 'regular' UltraFire 14500 battery. These attys would still have a resistance in the normal 1.5-2ohm range, and would work on a USB PT...but on my everyday mod they were dead(or had short fires). I ordered a couple high drain 14500s and not only have the dead attys risen from their early graves, but they now have a consistent warm vapor that's a step up from what I was getting before. I'm not sure if this same scenario may apply to some of the other units experiencing quick deaths, but worth looking into.

bring_out_your_dead3-400x397.jpg

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Your over stressing the Batt with your old batts thus the reason for your problems, the new Batts your using have a different discharge rate and can handle the LR much better and dont stress you batt this way, Your correct in what your doing and wil have a much better experiance now.!!

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
You know from the first time I killed aan LR atty I have been convinced that it happens when the batteries are low on charge...I have discussed this with a few guys that are IMO some of the most well informed battery (ECiG Users) around...
Theoretically it dosent hold salt, BUT I still believe that the battery charge(strength and point of strength) have something to do with the life of the LR attys...
Still taking notes and TRYING to figure out how and why...
Thanks KRy for adding your thoughts...
Drew

Krythis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
WNY
krythis.com
You know from the first time I killed aan LR atty I have been convinced that it happens when the batteries are low on charge...I have discussed this with a few guys that are IMO some of the most well informed battery (ECiG Users) around...
Theoretically it dosent hold salt, BUT I still believe that the battery charge(strength and point of strength) have something to do with the life of the LR attys...
Still taking notes and TRYING to figure out how and why...
Thanks KRy for adding your thoughts...
Drew
Thanks for being such a responsive supplier. BTW the 'LR 1.5' on the black attys helps a lot and looks sharp too :thumbs:

debook

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
CO
Definately sounds like the protection is kicking in on the batteries. I've found that the 14500 battery can be somewhat inconsistent, I have some from 2 different manufacturers and the blue Trustfires seem to work best and not complain about LR atty's.

The 'newer' LR atty's from Drew that have the LR 1.5 marking seem to be a different beast than the others. They work really really well but I notice they need to be blown out more often. I killed one in about a day and the wife did too and I am noticing that after dripping for a bit they tend to start not running as 'strong' and that is when I lost the first one so maybe they get a little clogged...just theorizing here. That's when I take it off and blow out the atty and drop about four drops. It then returns to that strong sizzle noise and better vapor. They are terrific as far as throat hit and vapor tho, just can't say enough good about them. Just seem to take a little more care to keep them running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread