510 Not Wicking

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaffeineFreak

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
New York
After getting my 510 last week I tried refilling it with fluval but I'm having trouble with either over/under stuffing as well as burnt taste soon after filling with juice.

Now I've been trying the PTB...tried half the bag, whole bag, rolled, folded and shredded. All methods seem to leave me with a PTB that is full with juice but I'm getting that nasty burnt taste.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

jerrydon10

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
My suggestion...

Blow out the atomizer real well.
Drip 3 drops on the atomizer bridge and let that soak in for a minute.
Put 2 more drops on the atomizer bridge and take a drag.

Does it still taste burnt?

No it won't. He's doing something to run way too dry. Good advice.

CaffeineFreak

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
New York
My suggestion...

Blow out the atomizer real well.
Drip 3 drops on the atomizer bridge and let that soak in for a minute.
Put 2 more drops on the atomizer bridge and take a drag.

Does it still taste burnt?

When I drip directly on the bridge it tastes great. My main problem is that it's not wicking properly from the filler (fluval or ptb)

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Any filler I use I cut flush with the top of the cart. I find it impossible that the filler isn't in contact with the bridge.
If the bridge is touching the filler (and the filler is filled with liquid) and you are having wicking issues then I guess either the filler is packed too tightly, or the juice is extremely thick, or the wicking under the atomizer bridge has been removed.

VinnieVapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Near Montreal QC
If the bridge is touching the filler (and the filler is filled with liquid) and you are having wicking issues then I guess either the filler is packed too tightly, or the juice is extremely thick, or the wicking under the atomizer bridge has been removed.

I would say the juice is too thick. I started to DIY and had problems with my juices: after a few day there was no wick. I found that even PG must be thinned a bit.

Vapoorer

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
USA,CT
www.youtube.com
I also suspect that you might be taking too many back to back hits off it you have to give it time to wick. the PTB mod is very good at wicking and same for the blue foam

Are you taking back to back hits???

Also how old is your atty. witch dosn"t mean that its bad but some times when an atty is on its last day it gives a burnt taste

Also have you tried using a different atty. to see if it does it with that one too???(Use a new one)

My conclusion is either you are taking back to back hits and not giving it time to wick or your atty is shot!!!

Give us an update!!!

Last edited:

CaffeineFreak

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
New York
Thanks so much for all the replies!!! I think it simply comes down to packing too tightly. Instead of cutting the Fluval twice the width I tried cutting in the size of the cart. No folding, no rolling. Just a simple size match loosely put into the cart. Seems as if my wicking problems are gone...
Thanks so much again for all your help!

pcqueene

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2009
Quad Cities, IL
  • Deleted by classwife
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread