510 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimpleSins

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
SW Iowa
Lots of great wisdom has gotten me this far, lucky enough to start with an Ego and add a Riva, and the joy of avoiding the misery of mall kiosk and 7/11 trauma. I do have a question of the plain 510's. I work from home and it seems the only time I'm away from the computer is to sleep, 12 hour days being the norm. I was considering getting the somewhat lesser priced 510s for use with a pass through during my work hours, saving my eGo and Riva for nighttime TV and times away from the house, with the advantage of being able to swap atomizers, cartos, etc. I'm more into the vapor than the throat it, so would this be practical, or will the 510 seem like too much of a backwards step for someone who only knows the eGo/eGo-like?

CtryBoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Texas
I prefer the 5V PT with a 2 amp AC/adapter to protect my computer.
2.8-3.2 ohm cartomizers/atomizers seem to be the sweet spot for 5V vaping, but any would work. Only issue I had was they seemed a little weak on my 510 and 3.7V after using the PT. But the regular 2.3ohm and my coming 1.7ohm will take care of that.

Passthru's are great, but shop carefully to make sure you get one that will last.

510 batteries might be a step backward, but even a battery powered PT will work just fine depending on quality. Ego is just a supersized 510 battery I believe. If you want the smaller battery they make an XL or mega that is 280 mAh that is still an analog form factor. You're confusing me a bit with the passthru part. YES, the regular 180 mAh batteries will seem like a step backward as far as longevity. They should vape the same, just not vape for as long.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread