Using RCA Connectors For Most Protruding Atomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

reallango

Sep 22, 2009
Just gave this a try and wasn't very happy with the results. The Center pin didn't stay tight making it move to easily. When I got the atty to fit tightly enough so it wouldn't fall out it was then harder on the treads then I would like.

My end thought is it would do in a pinch but I think I'll just wait till I have some money to order the threading tools and pipe.

jenntek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Allegheny National Forest
I have a dse 103 and have purchased some RN 4081 attys and I have used metal tire valve extenders for mmy USB passthrough and Maglite Mini mod.. Just a thought..

I've made two mods. both with tire valve concept... works great...
My friends want my mod! They all wanna start vapin' because of the mod!:w00t:

Mr_Phil

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Lubbock, Texas, United States
I stripped off the bright yellow rubber with no issue. But, apparently I have the only non-adjustable rca in the world. The center rod would not move and I peeled the outer layer off. Careful, it is dainty.

Back to the drawing board.

Edited to add that I tried another rca and the plastic holding the center post was all one piece. No up and down movement possible. So, I am gonna have to look at radio shack to see if they have any "adjustable" types. Anyone got a confirmed part number?

Last edited:

danlisi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2010
so hampton nh
I tried this and you need a certain type of rya adapters to make it work all 3 of them I tried it on it wouldn't work on where did you get your connectors from ? I cut up cords and just ruined them the center post would not slide through there was circuit board insulators that made it impossible to slide the center post did you use radio shack ones couse I'd be happy to buy a few of them if that's what you used I really like your idea if I could just make it work I'd be thrilled please a little input would be helpful

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I tried this and you need a certain type of rya adapters to make it work all 3 of them I tried it on it wouldn't work on where did you get your connectors from ? I cut up cords and just ruined them the center post would not slide through there was circuit board insulators that made it impossible to slide the center post did you use radio shack ones couse I'd be happy to buy a few of them if that's what you used I really like your idea if I could just make it work I'd be thrilled please a little input would be helpful
Radio Shack sells them.

Nobodyatall

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Phoenix
Radio Shack sells them.

Have the part# by chance? I'm having the same problem. Every RCA plug I get my hands on end up being impossible to adjust due to the way it is made. It's a little frustrating when you have everything else you need to complete a build.

And for anyone perusing the RCA connectors @ Radio Shack: Don't bother with the really cool looking gold plated RCA adapters. You can adjust the center post, but they are made of cheap potmetal and will break instantly when you try to form them to fit an atty. These frustrating .......s are part #274-0850. BAD!

Ohhhh, that would have looked so cool.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
I'm not sure why anyone is still using this method. This thread was started before any connectors were available. Various threaded parts were found for the 801, 901 and 4081, but nothing was available for the 401 or 510, and this worked. It's a bit outdated now.

Most of the references to RCA connectors that you see are referring to making Warp's RCA adaptors which was started before one piece adaptors were available to make components interchangeable.

But if you really want to do it this way, I would check the Goodwill or other second hand shops where you can pick up the cables for less than a dollar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread