510 to 808 adapter not working??? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

popeye79

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2011
WA, USA
really? nobody?

is it possible I got a dud? is that even possible? I mean, it just has to touch two pieces of metal, right? is there a different one I should order?

Also, I noticed that turning with a screw driver isn't doing anything at all. the whole inard piece, on both sides, rotates and doesn't move in or out when I turn.

Please help, I really want this adapter to work. :(

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hi, Popeye! I haven't used adapters in awhile, but I remember that the order in which you attach your adapter to your battery and your carto has alot to do with the subsequent airflow.

If you screw on the atomizer onto the carto first and completely (the battery side looks like it's not fully screwed on), you don't get as much airflow into the atomizer

If you screw on the adapter onto the battery first, and then the atomizer, the atomizer will not completely screw on to the adaptor, and this will allow maximum airflow.

Give it a try.

TypeOholic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
I have 3 808 to 510 adapters and I remember 1 of them did not work when I first got it. I took it apart and reassembled it and it worked fine. I didn't really do anything to it other than wipe it off but I think it just needed to be adjusted out more. If you are using a Riva or Riva style battery the connection is flat inside rather than raised like eGos tend to be. The 510 post needs to stick out a little bit to make contact. Try adjusting it so both of the posts are slightly raised out and then screw together lightly so they don't get smashed back in.

If all else fails Ty will help you out. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread