Status
Not open for further replies.

justincase

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2009
33.98801111° N, 77.90895581° W
Ok, I just received my vGo..(yeah!!)...and I have LOTS of questions. My only ecig experience so far has been with a Kr808d-1. i have never even seen a 510 model.
The cartridges that came with my kit have a cap one them that I can just pop off and when I look inside, there is liquid (nobacco juice) floating on top of (I'm assuming) filler.
Should it be this full?
Also, I have read many times about doing a dry burn, because of some nasty coating, or something to that affect. How exactly do I do that? Just push the button on my battery, with my atty on there but without a cartridge attached?
I am REALLY wanting to try this thing out, but I don't have a clue what I'm doing!

Any links to youtube video are also welcomed!!!
I need all the help I can get and sometimes visual aids are the best.

Thanks in advance..........

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Sounds like you need a tutorial on carts and attys (as distinguished from the integrated Kr8 cartomizers you're used to). The principles are the same regardless of model: 510, 901, 801, etc.

Here are links to the two most relevant pages of my own: Preparation and Maintenance. It's not that mine is the best, but that it contains the wisdom of others, e.g., tutorial videos by Doctor Vapor, RitaLee76, MoobyGhost, and MistressNomad.

There is nothing wrong with some e-liquid floating on top of the cartridge filler. You'd probably want to drip a couple drops directly on the atomizer coil prior to inserting the cartridge anyway.

Your speculation on how to do a dry burn is correct. However, I don't recommend it. It might work, but it might ruin the atomizer or, at least, shorten its lifespan. Instead, blow it out as described in that tutorial. And that coating is not necessarily "nasty". It is primer e-liquid, needed to keep the atty from drying out prior to first use. <-- Keep that in mind when you consider dry burning.

BTW, if you find that all this coping with carts is a pain in the ...., you can simply drip (as described/shown in the tutorial) or use 510 cartomizers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread